Pride of South London: The CPFC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Read in the Croydon addy paper that there will be an announcement before the new year about stadium redevelopment. Be interesting how they manage it - particularly if they dont know what division we will be playing in.

Huge week coming up - stoke at home and BHA and WBA away

Wait and see.

First time off the bottom since about Matchday 3?

Definitely harder to beat now, few grumbles about needing to win but I think the value of these away draws is seen when you win at home the next few games. Need to. Not much to get excited about at WBA but given what we were up against, would be a bit harsh not to be satisfied. Three major injuries from Tuesday night, train to WBA delayed by hours and then losing Hennessey in the warm up would have been hard to cope with but we did. Don't think we looked uncomfortable at any stage.

What do you think of our trip to BHA in the Cup and our stadium plans, Milang?

Must say the 5 level new main stand looks impressive, glad to see it incorporates some matchday revenue making facilities. Like the glass look and entrance trying to emulate the original Crystal palace building.

Milang, have you heard of the 'Wenger Pole' at Selhurst park? Been there myself but my son went on a stadium tour on a non-match day a while ago and in the away rooms, there is a big pole in the middle of the room which is not great for coach / player team talks. It's not structurally critical for the building but it was decided to keep it because it apparently annoys Arsene who complained about it. Funny story.

Milang, have you heard of the 'Wenger Pole' at Selhurst park? Been there myself but my son went on a stadium tour on a non-match day a while ago and in the away rooms, there is a big pole in the middle of the room which is not great for coach / player team talks. It's not structurally critical for the building but it was decided to keep it because it apparently annoys Arsene who complained about it. Funny story.
Ive heard about it, would be pretty funny if they left it there even if it wasnt needed haha.
Really wish i could get to england to experience selhurst park on match day, bit worried itll lose its atmosphere after they redevelop it.

Ive heard about it, would be pretty funny if they left it there even if it wasnt needed haha.
Really wish i could get to england to experience selhurst park on match day, bit worried itll lose its atmosphere after they redevelop it.

I think the redevelopment will enhance the atmosphere with bigger crowds. Only been there for one game, 0-0 in the Championship in 2009. Was desperate for us to score. Somehow got into the players' lounge afterwards as it was the last game of the season and met Jules and Simon Jordan (nice tan). Pubs were rocking afterwards as Charlton got relegated that day lol.

How about I meet you there one day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit disapointed with our signings in the transfer window so far, hopefully we have something in the works in the last 24 hours or so.

Sturridge would have been a nice fit at Palace but i didnt even hear us show any interest in him, and with clubs like Watford getting Delofoue we really need Steve and co to open their wallets to a big name signing.

In better News Roy said that Sahko and Dann are both a chance to make a comeback against West Ham tomorow morning.

COYP.

Bit disapointed with our signings in the transfer window so far, hopefully we have something in the works in the last 24 hours or so.

Sturridge would have been a nice fit at Palace but i didnt even hear us show any interest in him, and with clubs like Watford getting Delofoue we really need Steve and co to open their wallets to a big name signing.

In better News Roy said that Sahko and Dann are both a chance to make a comeback against West Ham tomorow morning.

COYP.

Dann? Didn't he do an ACL a month ago? Did you mean Townsend or Cabaye maybe? Nice to have Sakho back but now we lose Sako just as he was starting to look like a footballer. We don't seem to be able to get through any game without losing somebody to injury.

As for signings, there's been a definite change in strategy since Dougie has been Director of Football. Seems to be looking for younger, cheaper players with a view of perhaps on selling for profit. Not sure if any of the 3 signed can help us stay up, but at least we brought to cover weaknesses with the exception of a keeper.

Would have liked Amadou, the Lille midfielder and captain, he seemed genuinely disappointed when Lille refused to sell.

Decent point at Westham, but I think with their problems, it was an opportunity lost. Still, they beat us at their place last season, so glass half full. COYP

The Spurs game about as depressing for a Palace supporter as it gets. Battled and scrapped, disrupting Spurs, then losing our only decent CB who is still fit to cramp with 5 minutes left was pivotal. Poor old Damo, age 36, hardly played all season brought on to mark the best EPL striker at their final corner brought about our downfall.

12 1st team injuries. Just for fun, looked at this "injured team". Reckon it would beat the team that played Spurs:

Speroni
Ward, Dann, Sakho, Schlupp
Zaha, Cabaye, Loftus-Cheek, Puncheon
Sako, Wickham

Extraordinary run with injuries, most of them are out for months, rather than weeks.

Big trouble now, unless when get some of those back, and quickly.

Hey Milang, are you feeling a bit easier than a couple of months ago? Just re-read my post after the Spurs game in late February above. That was a low spot for us. Inching towards safety now though..........not quite there mathematically yet.............Oldham in 1994 comes to mind, but surely we're safe?

Please say yes.

I keep thinking oldham 1994 as well, while i say you're never safe til youre safe but surely we're alright this year.
Just thinking back to it the Tottenham game was horrible in terms of the mood after the match especially with injuries we had as well. Weve had a couple of big turnarounds this season but i would really love us to string the kind of good form that weve had in the last little stretch of matches for a half a whole season even and really see how high we can fly.

Wilf's a true star of the EPL, is a much better player now than his Man U days.

Sadly, don't think he'll be at Selhurst next season along with Cabaye, Benteke, RLC, Fosu-Mensah, Damo and a few others.

Critical year next year if they all go, summer signings need to replace and then improve the squad again to avoid a repeat of this season. Mr.Parish needs to nail some signings early and make sure we are ready to go in August, not October like this season.

Be nice to finish off with a win, hopefully the desire is there to do it. Top 10 would be fantastic.

Thinking we have the best Palace squad in our history right now.

Sad re Cabaye and RLC, but Kouyate and Meyer should cover them. Sakho and Tomkins with PVA and Wan-Bissaka besides them and we look solid down back.

Hopefully a rejuvenated and fit Benteke can find his touch and Wilf will terrorise everybody again if he can stay fit. Hopefully we can have a decent run with injuries this season.

Top 10 would be nice, so would 25-30 points by Christmas. I want to be bored by March.

Good to see Palace hang on to 1-0 and not concede late (nearly though, thanks Guiata).

What a dreadful day weather wise at Selhurst, which didn't help the football.

Is it a coincidence that we have won our last 2 home games, our only home wins all season, since The Fanatics returned to their usual spot in the Holmesdale?

Milang - Interesting to hear your thoughts on discussions in the fan forums re selling Wilf. Has some merit - now top of his $ value and maybe being the standout in our team, opposition feel comfortable into double teaming him to nullify. Love the guy, and only if he was happy to go, but I'd think about it. 2 x 20m players maybe more useful to the team than 1 Wilf?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back