QAFA (A) 2015 season

lucky ducky

Mar 17, 2014
Barlow is not only a good footballer but a quality bloke. He didn't play at the Suns because of the hours travel to training, he moved house not long after agreeing to join us. That's fair enough, no grudges held there. The Eagles loosing Nick and Hooper is going to leave a massive hole. Will the Eagles be fielding 3 teams again LD?
Who knows mate ask QAFL_Fan he seems to be in the loop all i can say is down at the cattery we have plenty of numbers we will be on the rise this season

Twinkle_Toes

Apr 19, 2014
Not enough quality and some of the quality thought to be signed will not come to fruition but my guess is you already know this mate
No mate, I haven't heard anything for a few months now re new signings or anything else for that matter, hence the question. But I agree, things aren't looking too good.

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
your sources are struggling

Nick Barling has put pen to paper at Chelmer.

Any news on recruitments on Northside QAFL? Very quite from Kedron and Oine Rivers. What's the gossip QAFL seeing you seem to be in the know around the traps?

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
I only really know about the southside mate.

But I've heard a few of Redcliffe's better players (are there any?) will be suiting up for Kedron, provided they get promoted as planned.

also heard Pine Rivers have lost even more to Zillmere.

np_#1

Feb 17, 2011
beenleigh
I only really know about the southside mate.

But I've heard a few of Redcliffe's better players (are there any?) will be suiting up for Kedron, provided they get promoted as planned.

also heard Pine Rivers have lost even more to Zillmere.

heard nambour are dropping out of North does this mean anything for our comp? leaving north with only 6 teams surly they scrap the north and south qfa and have just a qfa ??

6 sides in a comp is hardly worth it .

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
I reckon they should demote some QFA Nth/Sth sides back to QAFA A and merge the QFA

not sure if it will happen though. Or have a QFA A and QFA B of 8 teams each.

outandabout

Jan 14, 2015
I reckon they should demote some QFA Nth/Sth sides back to QAFA A and merge the QFA

not sure if it will happen though. Or have a QFA A and QFA B of 8 teams each.
Stop making sense. The only problem is that common sense is so uncommon. If the aflq want an even competition than a restructure must happen. My money is on they don't do anything and some clubs will struggle badly.
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
heard nambour are dropping out of North does this mean anything for our comp? leaving north with only 6 teams surly they scrap the north and south qfa and have just a qfa ??

6 sides in a comp is hardly worth it .

Be very ordinary if they drop Nambour back to our Comp? Image the trip from Carrara to Nambour?

Be a great trip on the Pirate Bus? Few quite tubes on the way home. Nothing like a good bus trip. Even better when you win.

karmaking

Feb 2, 2015
Be very ordinary if they drop Nambour back to our Comp? Image the trip from Carrara to Nambour?

Be a great trip on the Pirate Bus? Few quite tubes on the way home. Nothing like a good bus trip. Even better when you win.
The comp hasn't been the same since Glasshouse and Toowoomba dropped out if we talking bus trips, team bonding, who cares about travel it only happens once a year

karmaking

Feb 2, 2015
Glasshouse?? I remember playing Gympie for five minutes and the Toowoomba Cougars but Glasshouse...maybe in a practice match
Glasshouse were in comp after Toowoomba by about a year. But we are going back to 2005

Footy 1st

Apr 22, 2012
Glasshouse were in comp after Toowoomba by about a year. But we are going back to 2005
Toowoomba were around 1999 -2000...from memory, Glasshouse were a 1 team club, Gympie came up for 1 year but but withdrew/forfeited the 2nd half of the season in the early 2000's... but Redcliffe (my perspective) won a flag in 2005 in a 'higher' division

karmaking

Feb 2, 2015
Toowoomba were around 1999 -2000...from memory, Glasshouse were a 1 team club, Gympie came up for 1 year but but withdrew/forfeited the 2nd half of the season in the early 2000's... but Redcliffe (my perspective) won a flag in 2005 in a 'higher' division
Toowoomba 98-2003 Gympie 2002, Glasshouse 2003-2004 two teams. Tigers won flag in 2002 and went up a division in 03 so you wouldn't have played Glasshouse

pirate island

Nov 24, 2015
Lo

Been on a few bus trips with you blocker...
Hope its a Saturday game.....need sunday to recover.......

Footy 1st

Apr 22, 2012
Toowoomba 98-2003 Gympie 2002, Glasshouse 2003-2004 two teams. Tigers won flag in 2002 and went up a division in 03 so you wouldn't have played Glasshouse
Cheers mate, the old memory has certainly faded, didn't realise Toowoomba were in it that long and definitely didn't know about Glasshouse

karmaking

Feb 2, 2015
Cheers mate, the old memory has certainly faded, didn't realise Toowoomba were in it that long and definitely didn't know about Glasshouse
Yeah Toowoomba were hard to beat up there, not so good in the city. They wanted to stay but were forced back into the Darling Downs league to help prop them up they were down to 4 teams if memory serves me correctly

Footy 1st

Apr 22, 2012
Yeah Toowoomba were hard to beat up there, not so good in the city. They wanted to stay but were forced back into the Darling Downs league to help prop them up they were down to 4 teams if memory serves me correctly
They had a couple of very good onballers in 99/2000 and were a decent bunch of guys

pirate island

Nov 24, 2015
With most clubs starting back at training the rumours or whispers should start flowing....
already the suns look to of recruited well again , vic pt believed to of recruited some handy players..sure blocker wouldof been active..
Interesting to hear of wynnum ..pine rivers....etc
Talking to a wynnum person couple weeks back he reckons they will be abiut the same as last year...said he hasn't heard of any new signings....

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
With most clubs starting back at training the rumours or whispers should start flowing....
already the suns look to of recruited well again , vic pt believed to of recruited some handy players..sure blocker wouldof been active..
Interesting to hear of wynnum ..pine rivers....etc
Talking to a wynnum person couple weeks back he reckons they will be abiut the same as last year...said he hasn't heard of any new signings....

I am sure most clubs have submitted heaps of permission to interview forms but clearances can not be lodged until February . So it will only be gossip until then PI. From February I am sure we will start seeing how active teams have been in the player market.

If what I am hearing is right there will be some quality players lining up in this competition. We are happy with our recruiting thus far at Pirates but we are always looking for more like most clubs.

From where we finished last year we have to recruit well to improve and match it with the teams in the top 5.

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015

Is Warwick in that competition Karma?

I am hearing they may struggle to field a side this year after winning premiership only a few years ago?

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
Pirates will be the massive improvers in my opinion and they deserve it. Great bunch of blokes who have added some quality and now just need a little luck.

Suns the bench mark obviously.

Buffs haven't done enough which saddens me.

Ippy aging and will lose a few. See buffs a couple of years ago. Big trouble.

Carrara thereabouts again

That's all I've heard

Kind words Morro, getting a bit soft in your old age mate.

I am sure we will have a spare Pirate jumper ready for you mate should you get itchy feet during the year.

Odd game in the two's with your good mate NP might be enjoyable.