QAFA (A) 2015 season | Page 180 | BigFooty

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Discussion in 'Queensland Footy' started by Spades, Nov 15, 2014.

1. QAFL_Fan

QAFL_Fan Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    ha, they didn't field three teams in 2015.

just a bunch of UQ blokes in an Eagles jumper on friday nights!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. lucky ducky

lucky ducky Debutant

St Kilda
    Who knows mate ask QAFL_Fan he seems to be in the loop all i can say is down at the cattery we have plenty of numbers we will be on the rise this season

Sunnysideup likes this.
  3. Morro

Morro Premium Platinum

Richmond
    Not enough quality and some of the quality thought to be signed will not come to fruition but my guess is you already know this mate

4. Twinkle_Toes

Twinkle_Toes Team Captain

Hawthorn
    No mate, I haven't heard anything for a few months now re new signings or anything else for that matter, hence the question. But I agree, things aren't looking too good.

Morro likes this.
  5. Blocker Roach

Blocker Roach All Australian

Collingwood
    Any news on recruitments on Northside QAFL? Very quite from Kedron and Oine Rivers. What's the gossip QAFL seeing you seem to be in the know around the traps?

6. QAFL_Fan

QAFL_Fan Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    I only really know about the southside mate.

But I've heard a few of Redcliffe's better players (are there any?) will be suiting up for Kedron, provided they get promoted as planned.

also heard Pine Rivers have lost even more to Zillmere.

7. np_#1

np_#1 Team Captain

St Kilda
    heard nambour are dropping out of North does this mean anything for our comp? leaving north with only 6 teams surly they scrap the north and south qfa and have just a qfa ??

6 sides in a comp is hardly worth it .

8. QAFL_Fan

QAFL_Fan Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    I reckon they should demote some QFA Nth/Sth sides back to QAFA A and merge the QFA

not sure if it will happen though. Or have a QFA A and QFA B of 8 teams each.

9. outandabout

outandabout All Australian

Hawthorn
    Stop making sense. The only problem is that common sense is so uncommon. If the aflq want an even competition than a restructure must happen. My money is on they don't do anything and some clubs will struggle badly.
    The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

10. Twinkle_Toes

Hawthorn
    When are you blokes going to realise that aflq don't give a rats about any comps below qafl level ? They didn't care 2 years ago when they did the last re-structure and they certainly don't care now.

11. np_#1

np_#1 Team Captain

St Kilda

100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Blocker Roach

Collingwood
    Be very ordinary if they drop Nambour back to our Comp? Image the trip from Carrara to Nambour?

Be a great trip on the Pirate Bus? Few quite tubes on the way home. Nothing like a good bus trip. Even better when you win.

13. Twinkle_Toes

Hawthorn
    I can tell you from experience that it's a shit trip home when you get flogged, just ask np

14. karmaking

karmaking All Australian

Port Adelaide
    The comp hasn't been the same since Glasshouse and Toowoomba dropped out if we talking bus trips, team bonding, who cares about travel it only happens once a year

15. karmaking

karmaking All Australian

Port Adelaide
    Glasshouse were in comp after Toowoomba by about a year. But we are going back to 2005

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  16. Footy 1st

Footy 1st Club Legend

Hawthorn
    A 2 team comp?

17. Footy 1st

Footy 1st Club Legend

Hawthorn
    Toowoomba were around 1999 -2000...from memory, Glasshouse were a 1 team club, Gympie came up for 1 year but but withdrew/forfeited the 2nd half of the season in the early 2000's... but Redcliffe (my perspective) won a flag in 2005 in a 'higher' division

18. karmaking

karmaking All Australian

Port Adelaide
    Toowoomba 98-2003 Gympie 2002, Glasshouse 2003-2004 two teams. Tigers won flag in 2002 and went up a division in 03 so you wouldn't have played Glasshouse

19. pirate island

pirate island Senior List

North Melbourne
    Lo
    Been on a few bus trips with you blocker...
    Hope its a Saturday game.....need sunday to recover.......

karmaking likes this.
  20. Footy 1st

Footy 1st Club Legend

Hawthorn
    Cheers mate, the old memory has certainly faded, didn't realise Toowoomba were in it that long and definitely didn't know about Glasshouse

karmaking likes this.
  21. karmaking

karmaking All Australian

Port Adelaide
    Yeah Toowoomba were hard to beat up there, not so good in the city. They wanted to stay but were forced back into the Darling Downs league to help prop them up they were down to 4 teams if memory serves me correctly

22. Footy 1st

Footy 1st Club Legend

Hawthorn
    They had a couple of very good onballers in 99/2000 and were a decent bunch of guys

23. pirate island

pirate island Senior List

North Melbourne
    With most clubs starting back at training the rumours or whispers should start flowing....
    already the suns look to of recruited well again , vic pt believed to of recruited some handy players..sure blocker wouldof been active..
    Interesting to hear of wynnum ..pine rivers....etc
    Talking to a wynnum person couple weeks back he reckons they will be abiut the same as last year...said he hasn't heard of any new signings....

24. Blocker Roach

Collingwood
    I am sure most clubs have submitted heaps of permission to interview forms but clearances can not be lodged until February . So it will only be gossip until then PI. From February I am sure we will start seeing how active teams have been in the player market.

If what I am hearing is right there will be some quality players lining up in this competition. We are happy with our recruiting thus far at Pirates but we are always looking for more like most clubs.

From where we finished last year we have to recruit well to improve and match it with the teams in the top 5.

25. Blocker Roach

Collingwood
    Is Warwick in that competition Karma?

I am hearing they may struggle to field a side this year after winning premiership only a few years ago?