QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett,,, Im a Broady supporter ,,, so how would I be in the know about these Palm Beach issues ...
Dezario, is a Palm Beach supporter thus ,,ask him

First I have heard of this. And I don’t believe players would go around saying they have no respect for their coach.

Maybe this is just rumour to unsettle them. As far as I know everyone is happy down there. It’s been a tough year so far with injuries but everyone in all three grades are looking forward to the last four round and finals

So it appears it could come down to the last round between Surfers n Western Magpies to see who will play Morningside or Mt.Gravatt in the elimination.
Both sides fielding their near best sides you would have to favour Surfers at home?

First I have heard of this. And I don’t believe players would go around saying they have no respect for their coach.

Maybe this is just rumour to unsettle them. As far as I know everyone is happy down there. It’s been a tough year so far with injuries but everyone in all three grades are looking forward to the last four round and finals

Plus a pretty average throw away to put on a public forum without providing any evidence. Hard to be too critical of what he is doing and if there are players who aren't fully supportive of him it is not that unusual. Significantly easier to be a popular assist coach btw - no hard calls to be made...

Back to the real stuff..the game between Broadbeach and Palm beach at Salk oval should be one hell of a contest.especially after that classic finals game last season. Lot of feeling in this one big time .

Should be a good one stuyd1

Not sure how broady will look on paper but palmy will be missing 5-6 of their best 22. They have battled through injuries all year but this will be the biggest test I imagine.

Hopefully we see some close games in all 3 grades plus a healthy crowd.

And yes, there should be some feeling in this...

Should be a good one stuyd1

Not sure how broady will look on paper but palmy will be missing 5-6 of their best 22. They have battled through injuries all year but this will be the biggest test I imagine.

Hopefully we see some close games in all 3 grades plus a healthy crowd.

And yes, there should be some feeling in this...

Making excuses already?
The players can’t win you a game and there’s no quarantee they would’ve performed better than their replacement.
It’s a Team game.

Ablett,, lol..cannot comment until I see team selection on Thursday night .....we have 3 out , namely Burton, dont know if we had any injuries from last saturdays game and also depends if Southport grabs rookie players from us ... eg Mcmahon ,, been in good form the past 3 games ..

Yeah true, his silence might indicate Broadbeach are at full strength

There are a couple others out too but I think it would be fair to say that our run with injury has been a little better this year than previous years touchwood.

Looking forward to Saturday neither team is firing on all cylinders but are doing enough to win games. You would favour palmy at home but I’m expecting a good showing from the boys.

Anyone who expects to be at full strength is kidding themselves.
Just a real good comp the qafl it appears this year.

SMY,
spot on .... and as to a good comp this year ,, I agee...very even with the top 6 teams though Palmy are still looking hot if they get close to a full list come finals.
Other good thing is the ressies and colts are similiar ,,, extremely tight for finals spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who expects to be at full strength is kidding themselves.
Just a real good comp the qafl it appears this year.

Yes it is, if your team is in the top 6 - not any posts from the bottom 3 sides.

Think Broady need to inject some pace to beat Palmy. Too strong in a grind against most other teams but with Palmy you need a bit of extra class. Mind you on the weekend neither team was flash but that could have been more from both styles of play. Would think we need to get back a bit more dare in moving the footy. Seems like we may be waiting to be knocked out.
Still if you told me you will win 8 games this year I'd take it and think we probably play finals.

As for coaching rumours - I love it. More rubbish me thinks.
Having said that I believe there is a bit of a players click at Palmy - not unusual of course. But if its getting power then that will be a problem. Managing that playing group is probably the coaches biggest issue anyway - talent is there. Hardly challenged until the past fortnight and that may be perfect for them to dust off any complacency.

Palmy to good for Broady in a epic struggle ....Palmy took the first and final quarter , whist Broady took the 2nd and third quarters .... but didnt capitalise on the scoreboard , where Palmy did .

Palmy to good for Broady in a epic struggle ....Palmy took the first and final quarter , whist Broady took the 2nd and third quarters .... but didnt capitalise on the scoreboard , where Palmy did .

Thought the game was well below the standard expected. Broady missed a chance here to put palmy away. Few Cats supporters disappointed with current form.
Palmy though don't look too sharp either at the moment.

Thought the game was well below the standard expected. Broady missed a chance here to put palmy away. Few Cats supporters disappointed with current form.
Palmy though don't look too sharp either at the moment.

Have to agree with you there Surfers P. As I said, the game was a struggle/armwrestle, but the standard was not as expected .I feel both sides have not played well for some 3 or 4 weeks now.But as they say, finals is a different ball game.

Yep agree. Last time the teams played at Salk in the finals last year the standard was way higher.

Neither team firing on all cylinders. Other clubs must fancy their chances but palmy definitely have another gear and I’m pretty confident the cats do as well. It’s a really good comp between the top 6 this’s year

Will just be a players cap. Coaches ain’t included.

I’m pretty sure it’s an average of what clubs are paying. So few clubs will have their work cut out to get under.

For me it might drop the standard a tad.

It’s not like the football world up here is thriving with young local talent. And what young talent local clubs have they go play academy or neafl anyways. So clubs are left with the second or third tier of local kids and are expected to develop them with the spare time they have coaching the club.

It’s worth putting in place but as someone said if the submitted contract says a number who is to stop cash payments on top?

Impossible to police but personally I like the idea as it sets a mark for the NEAFL clubs should they drop back at some point.

Agree with Thommo it’s not an issue for most clubs who pay less than that

It’s worth putting in place but as someone said if the submitted contract says a number who is to stop cash payments on top?

Impossible to police but personally I like the idea as it sets a mark for the NEAFL clubs should they drop back at some point.

Agree with Thommo it’s not an issue for most clubs who pay less than that

What’s that going to achieve besides a drop in the standard of footy???

Not everyone can finish on top.
If we are trying to even up the comp.
and there will always be s**t teams.
It’s just fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back