QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it's great. Stops this pathetic shopping around of blokes. 100% agree Thommo re providing blokes career opportunities ahead of massive $$. The $$ is boasting territory for players but doesn't really mean much in long run.
An afl player coming bk to original club should attract 2pts. Encourage the he'll out of it imo

Last edited:
Think it's great. Stops this pathetic shopping around of blokes. 100% agree Thommo re providing blokes career opportunities ahead of massive $$. The $$ is boasting territory for players but doesn't really mean much in long run.
An afl player coming bk to original club should attract 2pts. Encourage the he'll out of it imo

People play for different reasons SMY. A Uni student wanting some $$ to play footy is pretty smart in my opinion. There is no 1 rule fits all with relation to a list profile, each club needs to work out their strengths and weaknesses and act accordingly.

Good business ties = help with employment
Good geographical location = strong junior focus
Good sports club = ⬆️ Ability to spend more

A QLD raised afl player coming home after his career or a relocated afl player coming off the suns/lions list shouldn’t be 7 points imo. Do we not want these blokes playing in our competition?

It's not like there are 30 of them, so the few of them that are around being 7 points isn't a big issue. If a club can fit 2 of them into the points cap, the points cap obviously isn't onerous.

Lets say all QAFL clubs have 1 or 2 recently retired/delisted players, then thats 15-18 of them. I doubt there will ever be that many available.

Remember also, some of them are 1 pointers if they go back to their junior club.

Think it's great. Stops this pathetic shopping around of blokes. 100% agree Thommo re providing blokes career opportunities ahead of massive $$.

Yep, and you can't go around helping blokes just because they are good footballers. Have to be good people too, and we have 2 ripping fellas in Harz and Beams.

I've got some young lads from the footy club working for me in my business (they play 2s and 3s before anyone gets upset) and I would help any player at the club worth helping, not just the stars.

See Broadbeach have launched their ad for the senior coach position today ,,, strange thing is applications close on 18th October .. like in one week ..
I wonder ,, have they already got someone.
Notice Daryn Cresswell has resigned from his coaching stint with the Wodonga Raiders in the powerful Ovens and Murray comp where he did very well . Has been said he is returning to QLD ,,, hear where im coming from . !!!lol. But I dont think we could afford the dollars he commands,.. maybe Aspley in the NEAFL might be the go as coach Blair has retired .

Yep, and you can't go around helping blokes just because they are good footballers. Have to be good people too, and we have 2 ripping fellas in Harz and Beams.

I've got some young lads from the footy club working for me in my business (they play 2s and 3s before anyone gets upset) and I would help any player at the club worth helping, not just the stars.

They are lucky to have you Thommo. Beams a great get by the way.

What hasn’t been mentioned on here is that there is also a minimum salary spend.

Is this going to compromise any clubs do you think?

They are lucky to have you Thommo. Beams a great get by the way.

What hasn’t been mentioned on here is that there is also a minimum salary spend.

Is this going to compromise any clubs do you think?
See Broadbeach have launched their ad for the senior coach position today ,,, strange thing is applications close on 18th October .. like in one week ..
I wonder ,, have they already got someone.
Notice Daryn Cresswell has resigned from his coaching stint with the Wodonga Raiders in the powerful Ovens and Murray comp where he did very well . Has been said he is returning to QLD ,,, hear where im coming from . !!!lol. But I dont think we could afford the dollars he commands,.. maybe Aspley in the NEAFL might be the go as coach Blair has retired .
Haven’t had Cressa apply for Noosa job as yet even though I know it’s a place of interest to him but we have had Steve Wildschut from morningside apply and from all reports is a very good footy person and intelligent operator

Haven’t had Cressa apply for Noosa job as yet even though I know it’s a place of interest to him but we have had Steve Wildschut from morningside apply and from all reports is a very good footy person and intelligent operator

He sure is and if I was Noosa , give him the job now... would be a great decision . Hes a very good coach and great bloke .

People play for different reasons SMY. A Uni student wanting some $$ to play footy is pretty smart in my opinion. There is no 1 rule fits all with relation to a list profile, each club needs to work out their strengths and weaknesses and act accordingly.

Good business ties = help with employment
Good geographical location = strong junior focus
Good sports club = ⬆️ Ability to spend more

A QLD raised afl player coming home after his career or a relocated afl player coming off the suns/lions list shouldn’t be 7 points imo. Do we not want these blokes playing in our competition?

Not if they are a major financial drain on clubs blackdog. The comp won’t fall apart bc they aren’t. If a bloke who has been playing on $350k for the last 5 years needs to get $500+/ game from a club in Brisbane to justify pulling on boots he either doesn’t really love playing or he needs a better financial adviser.

People may play for different reasons BD but if it is for $$ then u probably won’t get the best from them imo. Need to love playing first

Every dollar counts.

Surely you just go to the highest bidder? Sometimes its not the guys asking, its the guys offering.

Word on the street was that Grange offered Harwood $30k last year, so would think Maggies paid him more, or there is some serious business/employment help going on!

Every dollar counts.

Surely you just go to the highest bidder? Sometimes its not the guys asking, its the guys offering.

Word on the street was that Grange offered Harwood $30k last year, so would think Maggies paid him more, or there is some serious business/employment help going on!

I’d be shocked if any club in the QAFL offered a single player 30k to play for them. The comp doesn’t justify 2k a game for a player.

Good on magpies for getting beams. Even better if they got him for a small amount of money as well, makes the league stronger and more appealling.

Any news on club best and fairests or updates on Wilston Grange coach for next year? any other clubs coachless?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on magpies for getting beams. Even better if they got him for a small amount of money as well, makes the league stronger and more appealling.

Any news on club best and fairests or updates on Wilston Grange coach for next year? any other clubs coachless?

Barry O'Brien is the gorillas coach from what I am hearing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back