QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I understand it is up to the individual player as to what club he aligns with. I still think both Southport and Aspley haven’t finalised their lists of 40 contracted players yet.
The Southport players have apparently aligned themselves to Labrador, Palmy and Broadbeach. Surfers struggling to attract them.

The Southport players have apparently aligned themselves to Labrador, Palmy and Broadbeach. Surfers struggling to attract them.
Between the devil and the deep blue sea I reckon - take too many it impacts on continuity and team, take too few you might be running the risk of having a list that is short on talent. How do points work with these blokes? Is there a limit as to how many NEAFL players you can have in your 22 each week? I imagine $$ plays a part as well...
TBF Surfers is no doubt very happy they pulled a premiership a few years ago in a very good comp - certainly more premierships than many QAFL clubs have won in 15 years...

Watched the Noosa v Morningside practice game today. Morningside just got home by a goal, but Noosa should have won the game comfortably.

To be frank, based on today’s standard, both teams would be lucky to make the finals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Noosa v Morningside practice game today. Morningside just got home by a goal, but Noosa should have won the game comfortably.

To be frank, based on today’s standard, both teams would be lucky to make the finals.

So last years Premiers tipped to not make the finals? Interesting

to be fair the grounds get a heap of use and it’s a long season so I kind of understand
Yeah except there are various codes playing for points (incl a QAFLW game) that are now inconvenienced due to a judgement made on the back of what? The BOM said there was 6-10mm predicted.. Just a really poor decision by the GC council imo.

Not sure you can get carried away with a preseason game. You have no idea what players area available etc... plus it’s a practice match doesn’t mean sh*t
Agree. Neither coach would have placed too much emphasis on "winning". And if there isnt at least 6 different names on both team sheets for round 1 I'd be surprised

Agree. Neither coach would have placed too much emphasis on "winning". And if there isnt at least 6 different names on both team sheets for round 1 I'd be surprised

I genuinely hope I am wrong for both teams, but if you have got three very strong teams from the Gold Coast plus Redlands who I think are a sure thing, it doesn’t leave many spaces for the finals.

Morningside is a complete different team to last year and obviously it will be a step up for Noosa.

I didn’t see either team having a dominant midfield player or either team having a forward who could clunk a grab.

I genuinely hope I am wrong for both teams, but if you have got three very strong teams from the Gold Coast plus Redlands who I think are a sure thing, it doesn’t leave many spaces for the finals.

Morningside is a complete different team to last year and obviously it will be a step up for Noosa.

I didn’t see either team having a dominant midfield player or either team having a forward who could clunk a grab.

All fair points Danske. I'm just saying that I doubt either team went in at anything like full strength. Call me conservative but I'll keep my powder dry on any predictions until I see a few home and away fixtures because as you rightly point out plenty of changes in personnel from last year

Fact is no clubs about wining or losing Practise matches until they lose and then all the excuse appear, injuries, cricket finals , players away etc....yet you never hear these same excuses after a win.

Yeah, League/ Council’s fault for not having enough grounds. Are you for real?

Well who else’s fault is it?
Clubs can’t just build grounds without council approval.
Leagues should be working with councils to provide more grounds, the AFL wants the code to keep expanding yet do sweet FA to work with clubs and local leagues to develop more facilities .

Local clubs/leagues live off the scraps of the AFL so they only way to get more is to give them more .

Fact is no clubs about wining or losing Practise matches until they lose and then all the excuse appear, injuries, cricket finals , players away etc....yet you never hear these same excuses after a win.
"how come you guys won that practice match"
"had some guys away playing cricket finals"

a real thinker

Any other Bris teams have practice matches?
of course the result doesn’t matter but fair to say sometimes a pre season game has you thinking “ geez there’s a bit of work to do” or “liked the look of that” and usually a bit of both.

Broady had a hit out v a loaded Sharks team. Was predictably one sided but despite that both sides would be happy with what they saw. The man on the mark rule in my view will quicken the game at our level and sharks were able to exploit.

but cats cracked in well, did pretty well in contested ball and on occasions moved it well against strong oppo. Great experience for the lads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back