QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I was told today that the blow up started when Broady didn’t release Riley Winter to play for the Suns a few weeks back, he voiced his disapproval apparently.

I was told today that the blow up started when Broady didn’t release Riley Winter to play for the Suns a few weeks back, he voiced his disapproval apparently.
That’s definitely not true.
The Assistant you are referring too has been kicked out of every club he has been at. He isn’t involved at Labrador just was wearing one of the Shirts on the weekend.
My sources say he is a pretty average bloke.

that is incorrect.

The coach in question simply wasn’t on the same page as the club regarding his role, therefore it was best that he didn’t continue in his voluntary position. No hard feelings, these things happen in footy.

Of course we would’ve liked to have bounced back after Redland loss but it wasn’t to be. A few boys form just dropped a little after starting the season strongly. Lab are a good side, and in a long season there’s bound to be some ups and downs. Lab also well served by Sharks players on Sat.

Makes for an interesting season

The Assistant you are referring too has been kicked out of every club he has been at. He isn’t involved at Labrador just was wearing one of the Shirts on the weekend.

Sounds like you a bit closer to club and what’s going on then you letting on CFF?

One hand you saying what happened and next statement you stating your sources.

Maybe you the one that Marched him out?

Sounds like you a bit closer to club and what’s going on then you letting on CFF?

One hand you saying what happened and next statement you stating your sources.

Maybe you the one that Marched him out?
Definitely not, it’s a small word the footy world not hard to find stuff out if you speak to the right people.

That's a pretty ordinary thing to say and what does it say about Broadys capacity to find coaches if you are appointing "ordinary blokes" to fairly important roles?

Last edited:
Didn't the current coach white ant the previous one and push him out of the role?

Once the previous one had built a powerful list and had them moving in the right direction of course...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that is incorrect.

The coach in question simply wasn’t on the same page as the club regarding his role, therefore it was best that he didn’t continue in his voluntary position. No hard feelings, these things happen in footy.

Of course we would’ve liked to have bounced back after Redland loss but it wasn’t to be. A few boys form just dropped a little after starting the season strongly. Lab are a good side, and in a long season there’s bound to be some ups and downs. Lab also well served by Sharks players on Sat.

Makes for an interesting season
Don't talk S#$T 210priemer! Well served by Southport players??? They had the same players in round 1 from Southport as they did Saturday ,but round 1 you had Boston ,Nutting and Clarke. Only one player from Southport didn't play round 1 and that was Travaglini who played on the weekend.

Don't talk S#$T 210priemer! Well served by Southport players??? They had the same players in round 1 from Southport as they did Saturday ,but round 1 you had Boston ,Nutting and Clarke. Only one player from Southport didn't play round 1 and that was Travaglini who played on the weekend.

osbourne played reserves in round 1 and was one of the best on ground sat. Travaglini as you mentioned was also one of their best on sat. Having not played RD 1.
So yeah I’d say their sharks guys served them well. No sour grapes just a statement of fact. I didn’t say anything about RD 1 but of course no denying Boston nutting etc impacted.

Massive day at Noosa this weekend with the unveiling of their teams of the decade and a big old boys day. Love to think the players can respond and be really competitive vs an in form Labrador.

Please tell ??

what is there to tell?

Old mate was Footy Manager otr GM or whatever silly title they dished out. Zorko was a respected and good quality coach and old mate started backdooring him with players etc and Zorko was forced out.

Anytime you put a Footy Director or GM or some sort of footy boss in place that has a desire to coach, it only ends up one way and thats with that person using their position to force out the coach!

what is there to tell?

Old mate was Footy Manager otr GM or whatever silly title they dished out. Zorko was a respected and good quality coach and old mate started backdooring him with players etc and Zorko was forced out.

Anytime you put a Footy Director or GM or some sort of footy boss in place that has a desire to coach, it only ends up one way and thats with that person using their position to force out the coach!
Load of BS .....

Another qld boy debuting this weekend in Ryan. Once again think we go ok with draftees considering the pool to select from despite naysayers around academies and development

Agree, though thr big fella had no luck through academy being bounced around 5 different teams in one season in 2019.

Think he is perfect example of what's wrong with academy, got drafted the following year after being able to settle in one place and play consistent footy within a team environment instead of trying to ruck in a different structure week to week with 4 different mids looking up at him every week.

Agree, though thr big fella had no luck through academy being bounced around 5 different teams in one season in 2019.

Think he is perfect example of what's wrong with academy, got drafted the following year after being able to settle in one place and play consistent footy within a team environment instead of trying to ruck in a different structure week to week with 4 different mids looking up at him every week.

Yes but this happens to Vic kids too - TAC side, school side, Vic metro/country, club side occasionally. I agree it would be really hard and seen it first hand but IMO the cream more often rises despite the dysfunctionality of the system.
I agree the system could be stream lined and said it before but more faith needs to be put in QAFL coaches but my main point is that the Tigers took 3 Qld boys, played 2 of them now with the other still getting back after a knee reco. Personally I think there is a bit of money ball about the Richmond recruiting -realise there are some very good footballers in the northern region that are better or the equal of alot of southern counterparts but can pick up with low picks (which they need to due to success).

the words after What ...I mean who would you want to coach and X AFL player who is good at Bringing Players or a SO SO trying hard wake up its was a board Decision

That's a really narrow vision of coaching expertise " an ex AFL player who can bring players".... (does that mean spend $$?) Plenty of clubs are now at rock bottom bc of this exact philosophy. Not saying COB will cause this to happen bc he has shown he can do okay as a coach but not sure the bloke previous was showing negligence either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back