QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looked at MtGravatt side for tomorrow and not sure if they have injuries or not but they are in for a long season. Not saying anything that no one has already said but I don’t think they would be many if any Div 1 sides with that Team.
I hope for their sake it they’re competitive this year but I think you’re definitely right in regards to the Div 1 comment considering they lost to Mayne by 10 goals in a practice game as well.

Still Me thoughts on the interview Mitch Robinson had on SEN today basically stating that his experience at morningside last year has caused him to hate football. Reckons he got unfairly treated by umpires and was getting beaten up by 21yr olds.
I mean was it really that bad??

Still Me thoughts on the interview Mitch Robinson had on SEN today basically stating that his experience at morningside last year has caused him to hate football. Reckons he got unfairly treated by umpires and was getting beaten up by 21yr olds.
Bit rich from a guy that made a career in the AFL based off his physicality. And as someone who has had a fair bit to do with umpiring doubt he was unfairly adjudicated intentionally, QAFL umpires aren’t full time so the level does drop significantly from the AFL and would say this is what Robbo is complaining about.

I heard that interview it was more aimed at umpires not protecting the ball players and the points rules etc up here not really helping the game.

He was dealt with a lot of attention off ball as well which went unnoticed most of the time.

He loved his time at club but didn’t enjoy his playing time obviously because of the above.

He tried to help recruit a few players but we couldn’t take them because of how high QLD Footy penalise other competitions a lot heavier than any other state plus even have harsher rules except if you Redlands or Aspley of local kids moving from clubs for opportunities or for a change of scenery.

I heard that interview it was more aimed at umpires not protecting the ball players and the points rules etc up here not really helping the game.

He was dealt with a lot of attention off ball as well which went unnoticed most of the time.

He loved his time at club but didn’t enjoy his playing time obviously because of the above.

He tried to help recruit a few players but we couldn’t take them because of how high QLD Footy penalise other competitions a lot heavier than any other state plus even have harsher rules except if you Redlands or Aspley of local kids moving from clubs for opportunities or for a change of scenery.
Thought it was a pretty poor look complaining about being double teamed. Did he expect a free rein?
Hopefully he appreciates what guys like Ablett and Pendles and co have spent a career dealing with vs much better players and teams.
I would argue the state league umpires here are no better or worse than other state leagues too.

Dezario,
I see one Jonathon Croad has been named on the bench for PBC ... HOW IS HE TRAVELLING WITH THAT LEG

Amazing effort to be playing 1 year on from that badly snapped leg. Thought he would be no chance any even very unlikely to even play again.

I believe he’s going very well. Been running strongly for quite a few months. Still has the steel rod in the leg so fingers crossed he plays pain free

Bloody hell Jack Austin kicked 17 for Sherwood today. Not sure those numbers have been kicked very often at qafl level
Great effort by Jack who can kick the odd bag. But I think any of the really good full forwards Hammelman, Stacky etc might be licking their lips for Mounties game.

Great win by Morningside today and probably some surprising margins in a few games.

Looks like Aspley and Broady not much between them again and Redlands might have gone up a gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tipped in to the local hype around Noosa today, gee whiz how wrong was I! Never in it from the 1st ten minutes, Surfers should have been 4 goals up at qtr time, didn't capitalise on opportunities but looked by far the dominant side. To much leg speed and better decisions around the footy, set up very well and absorbed the pressure in the 3rd qtr. Noosa will improve but not sure to the extent of being any real threat. Archard battled manfully in the ruck against Smith but not sure many others could claim beating their opponent. Pretty decent crowd, Damian Fleming was very good as guest speaker, weather held off so good day of local footy

Well what a 1st round ,,
Palmy accounting for the Grange in a thriller .
Morningside appeared to handle Labrador comfortably
Redlands dominated the Dores,,, kicked 20 goals with nil to Hammlemann ,, did he sustain a injury early in the game as one would think he would of bagged quite a few.

Surfers ,, good win by a good side ,, dont bag Noosa yet ,,

Sherwood game ,, well this is going to be a long long season for the Vultures

My Broady did very well against Aspley in a frantic paced game for the 1st of the season . Do not worry about the new Aspley coach having to fulfil prior coach Websters shoes as Webster has left a well oiled machine for him ,, geez Aspley are just so good in all aspects ,,
As of Broady,, after a very large exit of regular senior players and having 4 guns unavailable today due to injury ( ex AFL in Townsend, club legend in Searl , gun backman in Jellyman- Turner and pacy mid in Taylor , they did a good job and will be very competitive again this season

I must comment on today where we saw 2 of the best defenders in the comp turn it on today ,, be it Dawson from Aspley and Nickalus From Broady .. just gun players

Aspley players have the right to to have some arrogance purely due to winning the last 2 flags and being favourites to win a third in a row .. well may I comment,,, I was standing in the pocket of the ground up against the fence watching the Aspley players going thru their drills pre game ,,, and the amount of comments I heard from numerous players were over the top in reference to how good they are ,, I heard numerous comments similar during the game and again when they returned to the field after half time to go thru the drills again.
just a observation and the new coach Imo needs to nip this It In The Bud so to speak .. as if this arr.ogance festers it can become toxic

the amount of comments I heard from numerous players were over the top in reference to how good they are ,, I heard numerous comments similar during the game and again when they returned to the field after half time to go thru the drills again.
I was at the game today watching the Hornets as always, but I wasn’t taking note of the conversations in the warm up. However, I do think I know the type of “chat” you’re referring to Stu. I want to stress that these types of comments are made in jest and are only made to relax, encourage and hype up the players in my opinion. Aspley have always respected their opponent and this year is no different. I appreciate the comment Stu, but there’s nothing to see here.

I was at the game today watching the Hornets as always, but I wasn’t taking note of the conversations in the warm up. However, I do think I know the type of “chat” you’re referring to Stu. I want to stress that these types of comments are made in jest and are only made to relax, encourage and hype up the players in my opinion. Aspley have always respected their opponent and this year is no different. I appreciate the comment Stu, but there’s nothing to see here.
Brizz,,, I understand what you are saying ,, but mate it was over the top ,, like do they think they are unbeatible ,,
All I was saying is maybe they need to come down from the clouds a little

Brizz,,, I understand what you are saying ,, but mate it was over the top ,, like do they think they are unbeatible ,,
Brizz ,, may I add,, I was standing near a group of Aspley supporters and they were a little concerned about what they were hearing ,, I actually heard one elderley Aspley supporter make the comment ,, wow they think their s**t dont stink ...

I tipped in to the local hype around Noosa today, gee whiz how wrong was I! Never in it from the 1st ten minutes, Surfers should have been 4 goals up at qtr time, didn't capitalise on opportunities but looked by far the dominant side. To much leg speed and better decisions around the footy, set up very well and absorbed the pressure in the 3rd qtr. Noosa will improve but not sure to the extent of being any real threat. Archard battled manfully in the ruck against Smith but not sure many others could claim beating their opponent. Pretty decent crowd, Damian Fleming was very good as guest speaker, weather held off so good day of local footy
How did Rich go?

Just looked at MtGravatt side for tomorrow and not sure if they have injuries or not but they are in for a long season. Not saying anything that no one has already said but I don’t think they would be many if any Div 1 sides with that Team.
MtG might not have the catlle but far out Sherwood were dogshit in comparison to other sides in comp, will be a long season for them both.

They’ve won back to back premierships at state league level. And are most likely going for a third. I think they are entitled to confidence. And whilst it was a close game, they beat your cats again so it worked. I’d also argue if this was Broady, you wouldn’t mention it. Can’t wait to hear what they say when they are playing the Vultures.
Bloody hell Jack Austin kicked 17 for Sherwood today. Not sure those numbers have been kicked very often at qafl level
Rechecked playHQ after your comment and seems he only kicked 3. He’s a good player but not 17 goals worth lol. In saying that I didn’t watch the live stream so maybe I am wrong haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back