QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Wagner

I’m quite sure this did happen but each to there own 👍
Not sure Thommo has any reason to mix the truth considering he has nothing to do with competition. Plus all my dealings with Thommo over the years he is a quality human being.

So unless you have evidence otherwise, maybe you accept the fact that Knight is pretty disliked amongst opposition clubs.

Suppose we will see what umpires think of him on weekend. But yet again they no road scholars either 😂

Feels like a non event now so long after the end of season. I think this definitely should happen at end of home and away season or even first week of finals. But clearly now far to late in my view.
not trying to go to vic centric, but things like seasons launch dinners, before grand final counts and award night have a big benfit.

Feels like a non event now so long after the end of season. I think this definitely should happen at end of home and away season or even first week of finals. But clearly now far to late in my view.

We were really organised this year, published a full events calendar back in March detailing all our club events for the year and locking it all in and planning.

2 months later we got an email from AFLQ saying this event was on 8th of October and please don't book in club events for this night. We had already done that, but we ended up shifting ours by a week and re-arranging. Yes, we don't expect AFLQ to check every clubs website to see if they have already booked, but surely given they have the fixture before any of us and are all full-time staff, they would lock in their events well before any of us do and even include that information with the actual fixture?

When planning our events for the year, we didn't even consider that any AFLQ events would be pushing into October - its crazy. Should be at start of finals, or at the very least the last weekend before the final QFA or QFAW grand final.

We were really organised this year, published a full events calendar back in March detailing all our club events for the year and locking it all in and planning.

2 months later we got an email from AFLQ saying this event was on 8th of October and please don't book in club events for this night. We had already done that, but we ended up shifting ours by a week and re-arranging. Yes, we don't expect AFLQ to check every clubs website to see if they have already booked, but surely given they have the fixture before any of us and are all full-time staff, they would lock in their events well before any of us do and even include that information with the actual fixture?

When planning our events for the year, we didn't even consider that any AFLQ events would be pushing into October - its crazy. Should be at start of finals, or at the very least the last weekend before the final QFA or QFAW grand final.
well it was for the comp that gets the marketing and focus of the website.
only need to go onto aflq website to see what matters.

Agree totally Thommo. I would think even having each Competition as stand a lone Vote Count Nights for Seniors/Ressies makes sense as well.

If each club has a table of 10 plus League, Sponsors etc we only talking 130 guests. This could be held at a few clubs like Sherwood or decent Pub.

Would be more personable for competition and could do every round of voting plus maybe last 5 of Ressies.

League only need to organise vote count and medals. Could do it as a rotation for a club to organise venue etc each year.

Think most clubs would get involved and get it done if it was a benefit to each competition.

Agree totally Thommo. I would think even having each Competition as stand a lone Vote Count Nights for Seniors/Ressies makes sense as well.

If each club has a table of 10 plus League, Sponsors etc we only talking 130 guests. This could be held at a few clubs like Sherwood or decent Pub.

Would be more personable for competition and could do every round of voting plus maybe last 5 of Ressies.

League only need to organise vote count and medals. Could do it as a rotation for a club to organise venue etc each year.

Think most clubs would get involved and get it done if it was a benefit to each competition.
I think thats a great idea at the Div 2 level (maybe Div 1?) and I think anything that can increase the revenue of multiple clubs that the league can organise will always gender really good will and therefore a likelihood for greater support in due course when needed.

I’m quite sure this did happen but each to there own 👍

I'm assuming you mean 'didn't' happen, but can assure you it did. You think I just imagined an entire game?

(lazy 9 snags.. ;))

I'm assuming you mean 'didn't' happen, but can assure you it did. You think I just imagined an entire game?

(lazy 9 snags.. ;))
North gippsland football league rotate the grand final breakfast on the saturday, normally league organises a guest speaker who also presents colts premiers medals.
Mid and north gippy do their league vote counts at the respective leageus sponsors location, generally local RSLS.
doesnt have to be too flash.

cracking idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(lazy 9 snags.. ;))
Definitely didn’t happen 😂 you enjoy those 9 goals champ

Tom Hurst very stiff not to win league medal , in front and pipped in last rounds. No votes against Yeronga in second last round was mind boggling.

Well done to Knighty to win by a vote.

And big Sulks 4th from Pirates as well.

Hopefully next year we can do count bit closer to season GF.

Always 'interesting' to see how the umpires saw things different to the clubs
At end of day league medals are always a raffle - umpiring at this level, like playing, don't tick every box and invariably thee are some really strange results on game days. I suppose the chestnut "it is what it is" is appropriate. I would think Knight kicking 100+ is worthy of a league b&f especially as he doesn't spend every minute out of the goal square.

Tom Hurst very stiff not to win league medal , in front and pipped in last rounds. No votes against Yeronga in second last round was mind boggling.

Well done to Knighty to win by a vote.

And big Sulks 4th from Pirates as well.

Hopefully next year we can do count bit closer to season GF.

Any way you could source a full votes list SM?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back