QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we can get back to playing this year. Who cares if it finishes in December. Just play at night. Give us footy back !!!!
There is no chance of community footy beaing played this year.
Would love to tell you different and happy to be wrong.
The reality is we have months of restrictions ahead.
A week or so ago people were talking about small groups training.
Today it's against the law if more than two people congregate outside.
How long do you think before
44 players.
6 umpires
2 coaches
2 runners
4 water carriers
Plus everyone else required at a game will be allowed to be together in the one place.
And that's only one game.
Once the virus is under control it will be a drip feed back to normal life.
That will take months as well.
Then you will have to see who's left standing and how to restructure it.
It's just not possible.
All we can hope for is by January everyone knows where they stand and we go from there.
Even then footy clubs will need a couple of months to access their playing numbers.
Nights or days won't matter.
Hope is a wonderful thing.
Hang onto it as that's all we have ATM.

There is no chance of community footy beaing played this year.
Would love to tell you different and happy to be wrong.
The reality is we have months of restrictions ahead.
A week or so ago people were talking about small groups training.
Today it's against the law if more than two people congregate outside.
How long do you think before
44 players.
6 umpires
2 coaches
2 runners
4 water carriers
Plus everyone else required at a game will be allowed to be together in the one place.
And that's only one game.
Once the virus is under control it will be a drip feed back to normal life.
That will take months as well.
Then you will have to see who's left standing and how to restructure it.
It's just not possible.
All we can hope for is by January everyone knows where they stand and we go from there.
Even then footy clubs will need a couple of months to access their playing numbers.
Nights or days won't matter.
Hope is a wonderful thing.
Hang onto it as that's all we have ATM.
It can’t get cancelled forever Bucky!!! I’m sure everyone will be keen as * to get back into it !!!

One thing to cut costs at admin level. It’s another to cancel football all together

Footy at junior level incl Auskick only exists bc the AFL finance it. If you don’t think that’s right go and have a look at codes that get stuff all assistance from their governing body due to $$ (union good example) and see the difference.

If so could it be a good opportunity to start up a breakaway Comp like Kerry Packer did with Cricket.

Have Volunteers run the league, just like clubs do which will save allot of $$$$ on overpaid league staff, that deliver little.

I’m sure many involved deeply in their local club don’t believe the get good bang for back for the fees Clubs are forced to pay.

Assuming you can find volunteers. Who knows, talking double digit unemployment. Means a lot of people with time in hands granted but not sure they are all rubbing hands together in readiness to start spending all this extra time running a local comp.

Footy at junior level incl Auskick only exists bc the AFL finance it. If you don’t think that’s right go and have a look at codes that get stuff all assistance from their governing body due to $$ (union good example) and see the difference.

Why would they cut Auskick? If they do that they may as well pack her up. They’re not going to cost cut grassroots. That’s code suicide

It can’t get cancelled forever Bucky!!! I’m sure everyone will be keen as **** to get back into it !!!
I'm only hoping this year.
But the toll this is going to take on clubs players and aflq is just unknown.
Untill the dust settles who knows.

Do u know what insurance costs?

SMY I think it has never been revealed the actual league’s cost of insurances in my time. At a guess I’m thinking it could be anywhere from $60-$150 per player, but maybe it’s a team structure?

I agree Auskick will still go ahead as that mainly targets schools to start with but that also may be an issue moving forward with Education QLD.

As you know we play out of a school precinct and that could come under serious pressure when this all ends.

The other big mess or car crash coming is the League handing back all the junior/youth fees paid by clubs now if the season gets called off.

Clubs will be inundated by parents wanting their money back and most clubs will struggle to give that money back before they get it back from league.

My experience in past with League is that it is a slow process and with no staff it will be very interesting.

SMY I think it has never been revealed the actual league’s cost of insurances in my time. At a guess I’m thinking it could be anywhere from $60-$150 per player, but maybe it’s a team structure?

I agree Auskick will still go ahead as that mainly targets schools to start with but that also may be an issue moving forward with Education QLD.

As you know we play out of a school precinct and that could come under serious pressure when this all ends.

The other big mess or car crash coming is the League handing back all the junior/youth fees paid by clubs now if the season gets called off.

Clubs will be inundated by parents wanting their money back and most clubs will struggle to give that money back before they get it back from league.

My experience in past with League is that it is a slow process and with no staff it will be very interesting.

It it means the survival of junior footy and clubs, hopefully people are given an option to not have their fees returned. Sure, there won’t be footy this year, but most people have already paid junior and youth fees. I’d be happy for them to keep the money to help keep the game moving. Obviously some people will want their money back and that’s fair enough, but it would make a huge difference if people took a little hit each and there was still money in junior footy to prepare for the rebuild.

You are right again big fella.
However aflq only need to refund to clubs not individual's.
What I'm hoping is the aflq refund to clubs.
Then hopefully 50% of parents just call it a donation.
That's what I will do with my daughter's netball as well.
I want those clubs to be there when this ends.
The kids will need it more than the adults.
It's a small price to pay for those who can afford it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLQ need to refund the individuals NOT the clubs in the instance of juniors. They should have that capability thru Sports TG. Last thing a club needs is another job. Will have to work thru the reimbursement of the club components and that will be clouded by the inclusion of merchandise which has already been bought. The hit will be enormous for all I am sure.

Anyone thinking we are playing in 2020 must live in a cave. Ain't happening.

This thing is going to change the way we all live and work. Entire society as we know it will change. Thinking we are getting back to your local footy is about the furtherest from consideration for most and an economic pipedream!

AFLQ need to refund the individuals NOT the clubs in the instance of juniors. They should have that capability thru Sports TG. Last thing a club needs is another job. Will have to work thru the reimbursement of the club components and that will be clouded by the inclusion of merchandise which has already been bought. The hit will be enormous for all I am sure.

This thing is going to change the way we all live and work. Entire society as we know it will change. Thinking we are getting back to your local footy is about the furtherest from consideration for most and an economic pipedream!

I like my cave thanks very much. It’s warm cosy and optimistic. The sky isn’t falling as you may think. There are people that work full time in the industry that also need the game to recover ASAP to be able to get back to work as much as the rest of us need too.
As I said earlier we will know more in a fortnight. The curve and rate of new infections is decreasing rapidly. If it continues the way it is we will have a better snapshot of what the future looks like around Easter.
Do the players pay the league directly or is transferred through clubs? The money will trace back the way it is paid to the league. Guess that’s why clubs have treasurers.

Auskick is a program run by the AFL and passed on to others (parents, clubs, teachers) to facilitate. There is major cost with running Auskick and this has been the gold standard in the AFL system that other codes have looked at jealously over the past 30 years or so. It gets bums on seats early. It is a major investment by the AFL that they reap massive rewards from but again, and without having a clue what the priorities of Gill & co will be over the next 12mths, this program, if it is to go ahead, will supersede community footy as a priority. Very early days in all of this but when unemployment spike is greater than the Depression times then we have a problem and its not just physical health and social distancing requirements.

Auskick is a program run by the AFL and passed on to others (parents, clubs, teachers) to facilitate. There is major cost with running Auskick and this has been the gold standard in the AFL system that other codes have looked at jealously over the past 30 years or so. It gets bums on seats early. It is a major investment by the AFL that they reap massive rewards from but again, and without having a clue what the priorities of Gill & co will be over the next 12mths, this program, if it is to go ahead, will supersede community footy as a priority. Very early days in all of this but when unemployment spike is greater than the Depression times then we have a problem and its not just physical health and social distancing requirements.

Auskick would be the last program to go. You actually stated all the reasons as to why it wouldn’t. You’ll see tightening but I doubt you will see much in AFL run grassroots programs

Its approx. $4700 per squad. Say 60 players in your squad (hopefully) then $80/player. Player rego levy (not sure what this is for?) and umpire fees make up the guts of the rest. Fees to umpires at D1 level are around $14.5K for seniors/reserves. My thought is get used to filling roles like boundary and goal umps through volunteers if you can. (or young kid @ $50) and only 1-2 field umps. TBH don't think it would overly impact.

Auskick would be the last program to go. You actually stated all the reasons as to why it wouldn’t. You’ll see tightening but I doubt you will see much in AFL run grassroots programs

Yeah I agree - it might not but it also might not run with the same resources thrown at it too. And something else will suffer 100%

Yeah I agree - it might not but it also might not run with the same resources thrown at it too. And something else will suffer 100%

The Auskick I believe is the jewel in the crown of AFL run programs. The way it’s implemented in schools is amazing.
I mentioned earlier that I read the Geelong Falcons have 50 paid staff. That’s crazy for TAC cup. Do the AFL still contribute to the NEAFL? If so that funding will go. Also they have a number of other programs they contribute too. There are many programs the AFL can streamline. Didn’t they invent a role for Brad Scott? There’s another easy cut

I like my cave thanks very much. It’s warm cosy and optimistic. The sky isn’t falling as you may think. There are people that work full time in the industry that also need the game to recover ASAP to be able to get back to work as much as the rest of us need too.
As I said earlier we will know more in a fortnight. The curve and rate of new infections is decreasing rapidly. If it continues the way it is we will have a better snapshot of what the future looks like around Easter.
Do the players pay the league directly or is transferred through clubs? The money will trace back the way it is paid to the league. Guess that’s why clubs have treasurers.

In the case of seniors it is paid directly to the clubs - via Sports TG. In the case of juniors it is paid in part direct to AFLQ and the clubs - both via Sports TG

In the case of seniors it is paid directly to the clubs - via Sports TG. In the case of juniors it is paid in part direct to AFLQ and the clubs - both via Sports TG

I’d suggest if any refunds happen it will be filtered back through the same channels to which it was paid

There has been some improvement yes but all tied in to the fact we are all staying within the confines of our home. As Doc, Bucky and others have said, who even wants to play footy after the carnage that has occurred? Even if we “beat” this thing by mid year it’s plain and simply too late to get any sort of season going. I’ll admit, you appear to be well read on the situation and you’ve contributed good meaningful Discussion - but I think it’s time you stop entertaining the idea of a community footy season happening.

There has been some improvement yes but all tied in to the fact we are all staying within the confines of our home. As Doc, Bucky and others have said, who even wants to play footy after the carnage that has occurred? Even if we “beat” this thing by mid year it’s plain and simply too late to get any sort of season going. I’ll admit, you appear to be well read on the situation and you’ve contributed good meaningful Discussion - but I think it’s time you stop entertaining the idea of a community footy season happening.

I get where you’re coming from. But I believe getting things like community football in some shape and form is going to be really important in getting people back into a good mindset.
The biggest issue I can see with the effects of this disease is going to be the mental well-being of the public. Only a very small percentage of the population will contract Covid, the flow on effect for the rest of the population will be huge.
As previously mentioned earlier in the thread, sport gives you an escape from the pressure and reality of life. My firm belief is that community football is important for everyone’s mental state more then anything. I see this part really important.
Whether it’s a bit of wishful thinking or not I believe we need to get something back in place as soon as we can. I hope we do. I still believe Where we sit in this fight at Easter will give us a fair indication of what may transpire in coming month.

Ok stand corrected then.
Won't be any refunds untill they officially call the season off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back