Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a list anywhere of which clubs home jumpers clash with which club? I'm assuming Adelaide is at the top of the list for the most?
There was in 2007, when the AFL changed its policy to that of teams having a Dark & Light uniform.
However, this seems to have changed, and more clubs are wearing Clash or Away jumpers in games.
For example Essendon were not listed as clashing with Fremantle, but they both wear Clash jumpers when playing each other.
As suggested, some of that will come down to the AFL protecting their ability to make up the rules as they go.

Is there a list anywhere of which clubs home jumpers clash with which club? I'm assuming Adelaide is at the top of the list for the most?
I'm sure FJGD could come up with a consensus list

For Adelaide specifically, trying to ignore what the AFL does
Brisbane: Clash
Carlton: Clash
Collingwood: Clash
Essendon: Clash
Fremantle: Clash
Geelong: Fine
GC: Fine
GWS: Clash
Hawthorn: Clash
Melbourne: Clash
North: Fine?
Port: Clash
Richmond: Clash
Sydney: Fine
St Kilda: Fine
West Coast: Clash
WB: Fine?

That's 11-13/17

As a clearly biased club supporter, here's my take;

COLLINGWOOD
Adelaide: Fine? Just use Clash
Brisbane: Fine
Carlton: Clash
Essendon: Clash
Fremantle: Fine? Just use Clash
Geelong: Fine (if Geelong use white shorts)
Gold Coast: Fine
GWS: Fine
Hawthorn: Fine
Melbourne: Fine? Just use Clash
North Melbourne: Fine
Port Adelaide: Clash
Richmond: Clash
St. Kilda: Clash
Sydney: Fine
West Coast: Fine
Western Bulldogs: Fine

So that's 8/17 scenarios where I'd be bothered if we didn't wear clash.

Hey guys - I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times before. Is there a database of cut images of players? I'm forever cutting out images of AFL players for personal tasks and wasn't sure if this was readily available, there's a plethora of images available of American sports so thought I'd try my luck at laziness!

Cheers!

Anyone have advice on how to make good looking shorts (using pen tool)? This is probably the best I've been able to come up with for my template that has a wide bottom to the jumper.

View attachment 684642
Try not making the inner of each leg curve back up?

Did anyone manage to get a men’s size Matilda’s World Cup shirt after the initial tiny batch almost instantly sold out and if so, from where?

Not sure where to put it, but would love some feedback on this 'diggers' logo I have been working on for quite some time. I like the look, but it feels more like an illustration rather than a logo at present. Thanks. 704252

Not sure where to put it, but would love some feedback on this 'diggers' logo I have been working on for quite some time. I like the look, but it feels more like an illustration rather than a logo at present. Thanks.View attachment 704252
Like the general shape and look of it. Maybe fit a "Diggers" workmark across the face where the eyes would be and under the helmet?

Like the general shape and look of it. Maybe fit a "Diggers" workmark across the face where the eyes would be and under the helmet?
Yeah, originally did that but needed a lot of reworking. Not very good with word marks, so was planning to add proper facial details once I can find the original photo.

Well done for going with a person rather than a shovel or a piece of gold. Risky. It's hard to pull off but if you do it, it looks cool. At the moments the colours look too cartoony (like the Megabus man) and the face is just dead space. But... everyone is going to naturally look at the face, so it seems a bit wonky and empty feeling.

My favourite is the old Columbus Crew logo. I used to hate it. It's kitschy now though.

lke77tj6u9kssabarlqg.jpg

uk_-sid-megabus-intercity-logo---rgb.jpg

Well done for going with a person rather than a shovel or a piece of gold. Risky. It's hard to pull off but if you do it, it looks cool. At the moments the colours look too cartoony (like the Megabus man) and the face is just dead space. But... everyone is going to naturally look at the face, so it seems a bit wonky and empty feeling.

My favourite is the old Columbus Crew logo. I used to hate it. It's kitschy now though.

lke77tj6u9kssabarlqg.jpg

Yeah, was planning to do something with the face but need to find original image first. I tried changing the colours a tad (they were even more cartoony beforehand) but it certainly something I'll take into consideration. Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, originally did that but needed a lot of reworking. Not very good with word marks, so was planning to add proper facial details once I can find the original photo.
You could also have pointy/angry eyebrows and then a diggers wordmark underneath the torso?

Not sure where to put it, but would love some feedback on this 'diggers' logo I have been working on for quite some time. I like the look, but it feels more like an illustration rather than a logo at present. Thanks.View attachment 704252
Yeah I see what you mean about the illustration part. Maybe making it more minimalist could make it more logo-ish but still a great logo you got their no doubt.

Have you considered losing the shoulders and widening the jaw to make the face a bit of a shield shape?

Really like what you've done so far!

So these are the most recent modifications I have made. Thanks to everyone for helping me out so far.

lke77tj6u9kssabarlqg.jpg

Hopefully this is a bit better, tried to make the colours 'greyer' (if that is a thing)
Have you considered losing the shoulders and widening the jaw to make the face a bit of a shield shape?
Really like what you've done so far!

Not sure if this has been discussed on here anywhere - would Brisbane still wear their Fitzroy-based jumper if they played in a Grand Final? They wore it in the 2009 semi-final against the Bulldogs at the MCG as the away team, but I feel like they and the AFL might be more conscious of their branding (or whatever) should they make it to GF Day.

Conversely, I assume they would wear their home jumper if they were the "home" team in the GF? Before the jumpers overhaul, the Eagles had a rule in which they'd wear the royal wings anywhere outside of Perth and so wore that in Grand Finals even as the home - from what I know I don't think the Lions have quite a tight rule?

Not sure if this has been discussed on here anywhere - would Brisbane still wear their Fitzroy-based jumper if they played in a Grand Final? They wore it in the 2009 semi-final against the Bulldogs at the MCG as the away team, but I feel like they and the AFL might be more conscious of their branding (or whatever) should they make it to GF Day.

Conversely, I assume they would wear their home jumper if they were the "home" team in the GF? Before the jumpers overhaul, the Eagles had a rule in which they'd wear the royal wings anywhere outside of Perth and so wore that in Grand Finals even as the home - from what I know I don't think the Lions have quite a tight rule?

Possibly comes down to sponsorship arrangements. If they were higher ranked, I feel like they'd want to wear their home jumper. If they're lower ranked, they mightn't have a choice.

Possibly comes down to sponsorship arrangements. If they were higher ranked, I feel like they'd want to wear their home jumper. If they're lower ranked, they mightn't have a choice.

You're right, I think if they were the "home" team they'd definitely wear the maroon.

Roylion do you know of any agreement or stance the club has with this?

So today I had a number heat-pressed onto a jumper and it got me thinking:

Did any team ever use the retail-style heat pressed numbers that supporters have on their jumpers for player issue/match worn jumpers, or did the clubs go straight from sewn-on to sublimated numbers?

Did any team ever use the retail-style heat pressed numbers that supporters have on their jumpers for player issue/match worn jumpers, or did the clubs go straight from sewn-on to sublimated numbers?
Cnarnlt0n Bl00ns

Some do heat press with the Mid Season Draft.
I noticed Sutcliff and his #50 has been ironed on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back