'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour is he signed a contract to return to Hawthorn in the 1987 off season but he had a 2 week cooling off period and decided to return to Geelong. If he stayed at Hawthorn, we probably pick up 90, possibly 92 and who knows after the super even 93 season.

And had he never left, most likely 84 and 87. I noticed in the 1987 GF Dunstall didn't play, was he injured?

Pardon the intrusion folks, I mentioned this the other day on the main board and i wanted to get some Hawks fan opinions. How many more flags could your 80s/early 90s team have won if Gary Ablett SNR had played his whole career at Hawthorn? Its scary to think one of the GOAT teams adding in a player of Abletts caliber. Your thoughts?
Wouldn't have won any further flags. Might have made a mighty team just a little more spicy.

Sorry for the dumb question but does anyone know when the final round is announced (time etc)? Want to bring my kid and bring along his mate and his dad. I have a feeling its announced a couple of days before yeah?

The round 23 fixtures
Friday, August 25
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs (Etihad Stadium) 7.50PM AEST

Saturday, August 26
Collingwood v Melbourne (MCG) 1.45PM AEST
Brisbane Lions v North Melbourne (Gabba) 2.10PM AEST
Sydney v Carlton (SCG) 4.35PM AEST
Geelong v Greater Western Sydney (Simonds Stadium) 7.25PM AEST
Port Adelaide v Gold Coast (Adelaide Oval) 7.10PM ACST

Sunday, August 27
Essendon v Fremantle (Etihad Stadium) 1.10PM AEST
Richmond v St Kilda (MCG) 3.20PM AEST
West Coast v Adelaide (Domain Stadium) 2.40PM AWST

Hey guys there was a you tube clip of magic Johnson describing the San Antonio spurs dubbed over hawthorn highlights. I'm in urgent need of the link. I've searched YouTube come up empty. Help is appreciated.
I didn't know of this one, but sure Hawthorn was being watched on the show "spencer for hire" Hawk was asked who was winning and he said the guys which looks like bananas. This was a long time ago, so feel free to correct me. Trivia bs.

The round 23 fixtures
Friday, August 25
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs (Etihad Stadium) 7.50PM AEST

Hi
Can someone tell when will the tickets go on sale for the Bulldogs game Rd23, usually how early are the up for sale?
Coming from interstate and want to get a family of 4 tickets close to the ground as possible, first time taking 2 x 4 year olds.
Also will the Hawks cheer squad be at the "Locket End" at Etihad? Thanks

Hi
Can someone tell when will the tickets go on sale for the Bulldogs game Rd23, usually how early are the up for sale?
Coming from interstate and want to get a family of 4 tickets close to the ground as possible, first time taking 2 x 4 year olds.
Also will the Hawks cheer squad be at the "Locket End" at Etihad? Thanks
http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/venues/etihad
9am Thursday 3rd of August
if you are a member - https://membership.hawthornfc.com.au/round-23-ticketing-details email the club and ask

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ETIHAD STADIUM RESERVED SEATING INFORMATION
GOLD, SILVER & BRONZE MEMBERS

With a home game scheduled at Etihad Stadium against Western Bulldogs in Round 23, Hawthorn has confirmed the process for reserved seat holders to secure their reserved seat for this match. All Gold, Silver and Bronze members have access to reserve a seat on Level 1 at no cost* (refer to Etihad Stadium map).

Reserve your seat through Ticketmaster
There are two options available for you to reserve your seat. If you wish to reserve seats for a group of members, make sure you have the 12-digit barcode number of all other Hawthorn reserved seat holders you wish to sit with. If you wish to sit with a Legends Club or Kennedy Club member, they will be required to sit in your allocation on Level 1. Please note, you will not be charged to reserve your seat*.

Internet:

1. Visit ticketmaster.com.au/afl and select Hawthorn
  2. Select the Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs – Hawthorn Reserved Seat Holders option
  3. Enter the barcodes of all members you wish to reserve seats for (up to 10 barcodes) and click Check Barcodes
  4. Follow the prompts to select your seating and delivery method
  5. Review all information and Continue
  6. Log-in to / create your own Ticketmaster account and Accept and Continue to checkout
  7. Complete the Payment Page and submit your order
Phone:

1. Call 1300 136 122
  2. Quote your 12-digit barcode number(s) to a Ticketmaster customer service operator

Reserved seating will be available to access from 9am EST Wednesday 9 August and will be allocated on a first-in basis. There is a maximum of 10 reserved seat bookings per transaction. Please refer to our map of Etihad Stadium to assist you in the reserved seat allocation process. Not all bays will be available at one time as seats will be allocated and released on-demand.

If you have any enquiries, call Hawthorn’s Membership department on 1 3000 HAWKS (1300 042 957) or email membership@hawthornfc.com.au. For further details, please refer to our FAQs.

Curious to know if anyone else received an invitation to take part in 'a membership working group who will advise the club on key issues leading to potential changes of our membership product suite.'
Yep. Responded but haven't heard anything yet.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Curious to know if anyone else received an invitation to take part in 'a membership working group who will advise the club on key issues leading to potential changes of our membership product suite.'
No. But if you do get involved could you please tell them this premiership drought has gone on too long. It's unacceptable.

Apologies for the intrusion. Ive been drinking and semi-sleep-watching Fox footy tonight. Not sure which thread this belongs in so I'll start here and let yore mods sort it out ;)

Wonderful interview tonight with your champion of the 1980s and 1990s John Platten on "Open Mike". Well worth a look if you can find a link.

lol at a lad from Elizabeth* outsmarting Ian Collins, John Elliott and Carlton to the tune of a $20k "pre-signing fee", a Peter Brock Commodore, and the 1986 night and day flags.

Learned a few tricks competing with 8 siblings for the footy in the backyard and for the food on the family table.

Old enough to remember him bursting into the SANFL as a kid but I'd never heard him reminisce. Brilliant and clean in every sense unlike some taggers he had to put up with back in the day. Dude was frigging Caleb Daniel sized. A lot lighter even, when he started in SANFL.

*think Broadmeadows or the like, Melbournites ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hullo all.

I write a North Melbourne blog - O'Shanassy Street.

Thought I might pop this week's piece here, just in case anyone is interested.

Fair warning, its aimed fair and square at a North Melbourne audience, so don't expect any great analysis from a Hawthorn perspective - I just figure there might be people here like me who will ingest anything to do with their club - especially after a good win.

Anyway, it's all in good fun.

Cheers. SM.

https://oshanassystreet.wordpress.c...-best-playing-days-we-had-his-best-hair-days/

Ps - mods please feel free to delete or move as required - don't want to intrude

Apologies for the intrusion. Ive been drinking and semi-sleep-watching Fox footy tonight. Not sure which thread this belongs in so I'll start here and let yore mods sort it out ;)

Wonderful interview tonight with your champion of the 1980s and 1990s John Platten on "Open Mike". Well worth a look if you can find a link.

lol at a lad from Elizabeth* outsmarting Ian Collins, John Elliott and Carlton to the tune of a $20k "pre-signing fee", a Peter Brock Commodore, and the 1986 night and day flags.

Learned a few tricks competing with 8 siblings for the footy in the backyard and for the food on the family table.

Old enough to remember him bursting into the SANFL as a kid but I'd never heard him reminisce. Brilliant and clean in every sense unlike some taggers he had to put up with back in the day. Dude was frigging Caleb Daniel sized. A lot lighter even, when he started in SANFL.

*think Broadmeadows or the like, Melbournites ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One very nice guy.

One very nice guy.

Thought it was massive that one of the fairest players ever would take all the dirty stuff in his stride, no hard feelings about being smashed around, no talk if payback, no witch hunts it was all left on the field. This is the part if the game that has changed too far towards sooky sooky la la types, who drove this change palyers, media or even schools? I remember a time when it wasn't cool to be what was called a dobber, it forced people to deal with things themselves and built resilience. Wonder how much more reverence we would hold players of today if they just got on with it the way the rat did in his day and how much more we would enjoy the game without the media being the school yard dobber and hashing out every little niggle to the enth degree.
Gee I feel old now.

Thought it was massive that one of the fairest players ever would take all the dirty stuff in his stride, no hard feelings about being smashed around, no talk if payback, no witch hunts it was all left on the field. This is the part if the game that has changed too far towards sooky sooky la la types, who drove this change palyers, media or even schools? I remember a time when it wasn't cool to be what was called a dobber, it forced people to deal with things themselves and built resilience. Wonder how much more reverence we would hold players of today if they just got on with it the way the rat did in his day and how much more we would enjoy the game without the media being the school yard dobber and hashing out every little niggle to the enth degree.
Gee I feel old now.
No way the game survives if that happened.

And why should players that just want to get the footy have to put up with cheap shots?

No way the game survives if that happened.

And why should players that just want to get the footy have to put up with cheap shots?
So that's what you got out of that, interesting.

Comment was more about the courage of Platten and how in comparison todays players resemble whinging, diving soccer players. There was one piece of vision on open mike showing Platten running around the wing and side stepping an opponent (might have been a Fitzroy player, remember them?) that flushed him on the right ear, most players today would have stopped dead, flopped, chucked the ball down, got up giving the oppo player a spray and throw in some jumper pulling and allow this all to fizz for a week about penalties and sanctions, no johnny just thought it was more important to keep the ball moving, get it to a teammate, show the oppo that he wasn't going to be bothered by it and that you couldn't stop him.

I don't know how you managed to garner condoning cheap shots (although I did mention dirty stuff) out of saying what a hero Platten was, if fact I never mentioned CHEAP SHOTS at all.

You are right if you think that I'd would prefer the game was played in a more combative and brutal way, as for would the game survive of cause it would just look at UFC (not a fan myself) and even the growth in women's footy (should watch how it is played at suburban levels) no lack of support there.

So for me in answer to your question anyhow, to show something that is now missing from the game for the most part and that is to over come a basic human instinct of self preservation in the face of real danger and fly in the face of it, Courage.

Does anyone know which seat numbers at Etihad denote aisle seats? I am a fairly broad guy (both in shoulders and somewhat in the belly) so am a bit more comfortable with my shoulder hanging over the aisle than poking into the poor sod next to me - so prefer to get aisle seats to compensate this and not squish people.

Does anyone know which seat numbers at Etihad denote aisle seats? I am a fairly broad guy (both in shoulders and somewhat in the belly) so am a bit more comfortable with my shoulder hanging over the aisle than poking into the poor sod next to me - so prefer to get aisle seats to compensate this and not squish people.

The ticketmaster Etihad stadium interactive maps might help you. Try 1 or 23, but my suggestion probably booked the ticket by phone and request the aisle seat. Being a very considerate person I believe they will happily accommodate your request.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back