'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If its okay me posting this here, theres been talk of late of our CEO selling a 4th game to Hobart next year in similar 7-4 set up to the Hawks.
You guys have been doing this for the better part of 12 years so I ask how pleased are you all with the set up.

Membership wise for those of you with seats on Level 1/M at the G - is it still good value?
Where does a replacement game entitle you to sit? In similar reserved seating?
And travel wise do you still meet the quota of 14 games in Victoria each year or does that drop or increase each year?

Thanks in advance

If its okay me posting this here, theres been talk of late of our CEO selling a 4th game to Hobart next year in similar 7-4 set up to the Hawks.
You guys have been doing this for the better part of 12 years so I ask how pleased are you all with the set up.

Membership wise for those of you with seats on Level 1/M at the G - is it still good value?
Where does a replacement game entitle you to sit? In similar reserved seating?
And travel wise do you still meet the quota of 14 games in Victoria each year or does that drop or increase each year?

Thanks in advance

You'll get a smattering of opinions on this one mate.

Personally, I don't mind the deal at all. We get a massive financial incentive to play games in Launceston - which is good for the club. We also pick up additional members who likely wouldn't join up otherwise (if games weren't played there) which helps financially also.

The games that get shipped to Launceston are usually against less than stellar sides also - and are games that would be lowly attended compared to bigger games for us.

People do get stroppy about it mind you - and plenty would prefer the four games in Victoria.

The downside for me is sometimes the replacement games. Generally they will all be at the MCG. Occasionally they are at Etihad - which can be annoying as I prefer the MCG as a venue. The years that are the worst are when we also get a home game allocated to Etihad as well - which I feel is unfair when we only have 7 'home' games in Melbourne as it is - all of them should be accommodated at the MCG.

I just upgrade to reserved seats with my Gold membership for the replacement games - there is a marginal cost in doing so. I think if you get a designated reserved seat for the games you have to sit up on Level Q (at least when I had the home and away membership this is what happened) which I didn't really like. I would have preferred maybe getting a designated 'away' bay on Level M much like my home tickets.

For me - I still get value out of my membership, and I am more than happy to financially support my club. However, you will find a swathe of posters who are very different in their opinions regarding Tassie and are fervently against it.

You'll get a smattering of opinions on this one mate.

Personally, I don't mind the deal at all. We get a massive financial incentive to play games in Launceston - which is good for the club. We also pick up additional members who likely wouldn't join up otherwise (if games weren't played there) which helps financially also.

The games that get shipped to Launceston are usually against less than stellar sides also - and are games that would be lowly attended compared to bigger games for us.

People do get stroppy about it mind you - and plenty would prefer the four games in Victoria.

The downside for me is sometimes the replacement games. Generally they will all be at the MCG. Occasionally they are at Etihad - which can be annoying as I prefer the MCG as a venue. The years that are the worst are when we also get a home game allocated to Etihad as well - which I feel is unfair when we only have 7 'home' games in Melbourne as it is - all of them should be accommodated at the MCG.

I just upgrade to reserved seats with my Gold membership for the replacement games - there is a marginal cost in doing so. I think if you get a designated reserved seat for the games you have to sit up on Level Q (at least when I had the home and away membership this is what happened) which I didn't really like. I would have preferred maybe getting a designated 'away' bay on Level M much like my home tickets.

For me - I still get value out of my membership, and I am more than happy to financially support my club. However, you will find a swathe of posters who are very different in their opinions regarding Tassie and are fervently against it.
Appreciate the reply.

Where I feel the 4 games works over the 3 is it gives a considerable advantage and 16 premiership points that could be valuable come round 23. Also both our clubs play 14 games in Victoria and technically speaking we have to travel for 5 away games as opposed to 4.

My gripe is as it is for most North supporters is the replacement games. Currently we get shafted up to Level 3 which is less than ideal and doesnt guarantee a seat. It seems its the same deal for you guys.
My question on this is has the club approached or considered offering its members the option to sit in reserved seating similar to home games? Or does it not have the power to do so?
We also have to pay an upgrade fee (which for us is $50). Id rather give the money to the club than put it into Ian Collins pocket, but thats just me.

Sleutheren

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
So Gunston won the longest kick comp.

I presume Impey will win the 100m sprint today as well.
Anything else we can win this year? ...apart from obviously the most important one :(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
upload_2018-9-30_16-27-21.jpeg

Have just shelled out for the Mitchell and Hodge books and don't have this one.

Is it any good and worth forking out $30 for? Much stuff in it that isn't well known?

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
View attachment 566421

Is it any good and worth forking out $30 for? Much stuff in it that isn't well known?

I'm not sure, but the brown cover (I think) was a first edition, covering the flags in 2008, 2013 and 2014. The copy I have is a white cover (revised and updated edition) which includes 2015. I bought it nearly 3 years ago so it may be available in used book stores or ebay for less?

It's a very pleasant read that covers the 4 flags in the Clarkson era. Personally, it didn't tell me much I didn't already know, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Goes through each premiership season with write-ups on each premiership player which may provide information. It's a better book than the biographies IMHO, and it's a piece of Hawthorn history. Some very nice photos in the middle of the book.

A must have for mine, but that's up to the individual if it's worth $30. That's a personal judgement. If you're that way inclined, you could create a hobby for yourself by getting each player to autograph their own segment in the book.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm not sure, but the brown cover (I think) was a first edition, covering the flags in 2008, 2013 and 2014. The copy I have is a white cover (revised and updated edition) which includes 2015. I bought it nearly 3 years ago so it may be available in used book stores or ebay for less?

It's a very pleasant read that covers the 4 flags in the Clarkson era. Personally, it didn't tell me much I didn't already know, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Goes through each premiership season with write-ups on each premiership player which may provide information. It's a better book than the biographies IMHO, and it's a piece of Hawthorn history. Some very nice photos in the middle of the book.

A must have for mine, but that's up to the individual if it's worth $30. That's a personal judgement. If you're that way inclined, you could create a hobby for yourself by getting each player to autograph their own segment in the book.
Cheers, Adelaide Hawk. Yeah, the one I picked up the other day in Dymocks was the white one you described. Thanks for the description. Will probably end up getting it at some stage. :thumbsu:

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
View attachment 566421

It’s a great read. The 2015 year is included and there are bits about our awful start to the year. Fages provides great insight as to how the MC thought that our close losses early on the year were mental more than anything else.
Basically saying they needed to re-program the boys mentally to get that third flag in a row. There’s heaps of other tid bits as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to be in Sydney the weekend we play them. Does anyone know if tickets are difficult to get or could we just rock up to the game
Pity it isn't a final, they'd have a couple of free spots for you in the midfield...

Has anyone driven from Hobart to Launceston on match day - any ideas of what traffic to expect?

Going to spend a few days in Tassie coincidentally when the Hawks and Blues are playing

Working out whether to drive to Launceston on game day or the day before

Changa10

Has anyone driven from Hobart to Launceston on match day - any ideas of what traffic to expect?

Going to spend a few days in Tassie coincidentally when the Hawks and Blues are playing

Working out whether to drive to Launceston on game day or the day before

Changa10

Drive up the night before and have dinner at The Black Cow!

Back Straight

Rookie
Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

Finally getting around to having some three peat memorabilia framed up and am looking for a 2015 Premiers Guernsey in the same style as below.

1551754627737.png

No signatures or anything just the premiership team printed down the front

Managed to pick up the 13 and 14 ones at the time however the 15 has eluded me and the man cave will feel incomplete with just the two.

Cheers

Back