'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm English and I live in England, and this is a ludicrous reading of what actually happened.

If you think ordinary people in England lack compassion and empathy over people dying in an effort to gain a better life, then you're completely out of touch with reality. Reducing an entire island of people to post a 'gotcha' on the internet about how we're all the same is ridiculous - and how would you even know what people in this country think? A few fools on the internet posting hot takes? Swallowing the media line, without any thought about its bias or origins?

It is absolutely true that our country as a whole was/is responsible for atrocities the world over, and those of us who are aware of this (and are more widely read than our standard education of 'rah rah rah, two world wars, aren't we great') are mostly appalled by the actions of our country in previous generations.

Nationalistic sentiment (and anti-nationalistic sentiment) is utterly pointless. Our origins are determined by luck and accident, nothing more, nothing less.

What has happened is absolutely horrific - and hostile barriers to movement are the cause of such terrible and tragic situations where people are taken advantage of by traffickers and routinely risk their lives. I am sure you are deeply aware of this given Australia's situation. Many countries are similar; it isn't just England (or rather, the UK).

Perhaps you just know some dickheads on the internet. It seems likely. There's a lot of them - from all countries.

Ok I'll wear that. Don't like what they did over history but they are English so ok I'll wear your anger. We all have to or the queen will do what she does.,

So England once again murdered 39 refugees over the past few days and none of them care they are just worried about Brexit.

They systematically killed every aboriginal in Tasmania under their King/Queen and thought it was normal...
and if they could have found Cyril or any of his family they would have systematically murdered his entire family.

I am over this country called England they can get... the proverbial.

If anyone can come up for a reason why they did it, I'd like to know, one thing I do know is we as Australia have apologized for their murder, the queen who's fore fathers murdered the innocents which we didn't do hasn't said a f'n word. She doesn't give a shizenhousen. She's probably still trying to work out who black ppl are expecially the new one Harry married.

I have no issue with aboriginal ppl, in fact I've live with them, played footy with them, watched them play footy, but I Struggle to understand why English ppl are allowed to systematically murder them and I have to apologize.

This is appalling grammar and spelling,

1/10.

Go back to Grade 5.

Is there a question in there somewhere?
My comment on a thread, which was a piss take about twitter bullsh** got deleted. Reason given it was apparently rubbish... I could argue so it most of twitter, which was actually my sarcastic comment.

But to be honest I'm totally fine with that. No Issue with it being deleted. If that's the decision I move on.

What I don't understand is if my reply was deleted why can everybody quote it, and I therefore can see my statement and so can everybody else via the quoting of it?

If it was that rubbish and I'm not saying it wasn't, surely we remove it full stop. I personally don't want to read my rubbish again as I've done it too many times before, so would like for no one else to have to put up with it either.

Surely with current technology when you delete a reply it also deletes the quoted reply from everybody else's reply to it. Otherwise what's the point of deleting it? It's still there. We put a man on the moon in 1969, surely we can work out how to remove a quoted comment that has been deleted at the source 50 years later.

P.S. I checked my history my comment isn't there, the comment is definitely there by someone who quoted it. (Not having a go at the person who quoted just saying if it goes shouldn't it actually really go?)

Which is why I chose the Questions that don't warrant their own thread... thread, to ask the question.

My guess.

For Tassie dwellers
Wouldn’t mind going to the Tassie Anzac game, so couple of questions before I book flights as if I go will make a holiday of it
A) are tickets to the game difficult to get
B) is accommodation around the island pretty easy to get if we just want to stop off somewhere

For Tassie dwellers
Wouldn’t mind going to the Tassie Anzac game, so couple of questions before I book flights as if I go will make a holiday of it
A) are tickets to the game difficult to get
B) is accommodation around the island pretty easy to get if we just want to stop off somewhere

I go to a couple of Tassie games each year:

A. Very easy to get tickets, walk up tickets always available. Because it’s the Anzac game, better to book in advance.
B. Accomodation is available all over Tassie, as the games are always on weekends when nothing else is really happening.
C. Great dining, wineries and scenery wherever you go.
D. Also great pubs.

Such a fantastic place!

Hey Off the couch, feel like a newbie but I just don't know how to tag someone into a convo, would you mind letting me know how you highlight someone?

type the @ followed by the name
Once you get to three letters it should start to give you a list of the names

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi sorry for the intrusion but I didn’t know where to post this and this place looked as good as any. I found this at the Hampton Salvation Army store and I figure someone here might give it a good home. Its 2005 vintage but I presume would have some famous names. Best of all they are only asking 45 dollars. Of course call to make sure it’s still there. Anyhow good luck in getting this cheap addition to your man cave EB2B37D1-276F-445E-B226-6D9203656E51.jpeg

Not a question, but a gold nugget of trivia. :D Don Scott said on the podcast with Sam Newman and Mike Sheahan the other day that when he was captain he used to get a sling from Ross Faulkner to choose their balls over Sherrins. Pissa. When asked be Leigh Matthews or other teammates why the fak he'd choose the Faulkner, he didn't tell any of them that he did it for the cash

Last edited:
Can someone give me an insight to what this is worth?

It has been on my wall for years & moved multiple times since winning it with a highest bid, raising money at my local footy club after a hawks community visit in the area.
We are looking to move again soon, downsizing items & would like a good home for it as it’s seems a waste to leave it in a storage box for however long.
Pm me if you are interested.
Mods, if there is a better thread for this please move. I couldn’t find anything
Thanks

Attachments

• 23B7A7BD-695E-43C0-A864-3790806BBC02.jpeg
    23B7A7BD-695E-43C0-A864-3790806BBC02.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 00904E2A-9727-4F6B-87A8-13EB0B16DBC6.jpeg
    00904E2A-9727-4F6B-87A8-13EB0B16DBC6.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Can someone give me an insight to what this is worth?

It has been on my wall for years & moved multiple times since winning it with a highest bid, raising money at my local footy club after a hawks community visit in the area.
We are looking to move again soon, downsizing items & would like a good home for it as it’s seems a waste to leave it in a storage box for however long.
Pm me if you are interested.
Mods, if there is a better thread for this please move. I couldn’t find anything
Thanks
Upsidedown miss Jane

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back