'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you sreach for a thread, just wanted to say "chin up" to Josh Morris in his thread.
use the search option in the top right corner of the page

How far back was it the last time we lost 4 ( or 5!) in a row?
June last year we lost 4 in a row
The first 3 by 19 points each time, Brisbane, Essendon, Sydney and then West Coast
We then one 3 in a row, lost 2 and finished the year with another 3 wins in a row
2017 we started the year with 4 straight losses including back to back 86 point losses to Gold Coast and Geelong

2010 we lost 6 in a row from Rounds 2-7

In case anyone hasn't seen (or heard) this, Xavier Ellis has a podcast where he simply has a few beers and chats with past and present footy players and a few other sportsman, including many Hawks.

Definitely worth a listen! Very funny!

How many of us are Members in South Australia?

With our home game coming up, will everyone try to go and get as many as possible in v the Crows?

I'm going to the Port game and now the * game and have noticed what I think is a glitch in the system that allows for more than one game to be booked on the membership for free ie. both games I haven't had to pay for anything when I was expecting to pay for the * game. Will certainly try to book them again for the Crows too but also very happy to pay for them.

How many of us are Members in South Australia?

With our home game coming up, will everyone try to go and get as many as possible in v the Crows?

I'm going to the Port game and now the * game and have noticed what I think is a glitch in the system that allows for more than one game to be booked on the membership for free ie. both games I haven't had to pay for anything when I was expecting to pay for the * game. Will certainly try to book them again for the Crows too but also very happy to pay for them.

Email states:

Future matches at Adelaide Oval
"Eligible members have access to one complimentary reserved seat ticket to a home match at Adelaide Oval. Once you have claimed your complimentary reserved seat, you will receive access to the Members Pre-sale for future matches where you can purchase a reserved seat."

So if you claimed your complimentary ticket for the game against the druggies, you won't get a free ticket for the other home games, but you will still get access to the presale in order to buy tickets before they go on sale to non-members.

Hopefully a truckload of Hawks SA fans buy up the tickets in the presale for the Crows games and leave them with next to nothing!

Thanks Millsie69, i must have missed that email.

Will still be going to everyone I possibly can.

You and me both mate :D

Just wish we weren't so average right now haha

Last night while looking at the club page on wikipedia I noticed that Nick Holland had played the 50th most games for the Hawks with 179 games.
That got me thinking...... Who will be the next hawk to replace him?

Looking at the list of top 20 games played.

BURGOYNE
386​
FRAWLEY
235​
MCEVOY
218​
SHIELS
217​
BREUST
215​
SMITH
210​
GUNSTON
203​
STRATTON
200​
PUOPOLO
194​
SCULLY
184​
WINGRAD
173​
HENDERSON
159​
MITCHELL
123​
IMPEY
120​
FROST Sam
103​
O'MEARA
102​
SICILY
93​
PATTON Jon
94​
CEGLAR
84​
HARDWICK
77​

A lot of experience. but then with actual Hawk games played with the same 20 players;

BURGOYNE230
SHIELS217
BREUST215
SMITH210
STRATTON200
PUOPOLO194
GUNSTON191
MCEVOY127
FRAWLEY96
SICILY93
CEGLAR84
HARDWICK77
HENDERSON69
MITCHELL58
O'MEARA58
IMPEY44
SCULLY32
WINGRAD26
FROST Sam12
PATTON Jon5

So now if we eliminate the players who have already surpassed Holland and 179 games we have whats left.

MCEVOY127
FRAWLEY96
SICILY93
CEGLAR84
HARDWICK77
HENDERSON69
MITCHELL58
O'MEARA58

Now assuming each player maintains form and plays a minimum of 20 games we have the following

McEvoy would need 3 seasons and that would make him 34 when he gets there.
Frawley would need 4 seasons and that would make him 36 when he gets there. Probably retire before then.
Sicily would need 5 seasons and that would make him 30 when he gets there. (add a season because of ACL injury)
Ceglar would need 5 seasons and that would make him 34 when he gets there. Probably retire before then.
Hardwick would need 5 seasons and that would make him 28 when he gets there.
Mitchell would need 6 seasons and that would make him 33 when he gets there. Probably retire before then.
O'Meara would need 6 seasons and that would make him 32 when he gets there. Probably retire before then.

or we may have to wait 8 years for Will Day and that would make him 27.

In anticipation of returning to live action.

I've decided to be an old man, and have a nice little digital radio so I can listen to commentary while watching the game (probably with a thermos of warm tea, and a shawl over my lap, I haven't decided)

Those who do this already, is radio commentary 'live', or is there the 7 second delay? 7 second delay would make it completely pointless...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've decided to be an old man, and have a nice little digital radio so I can listen to commentary while watching the game (probably with a thermos of warm tea, and a shawl over my lap, I haven't decided)

Those who do this already, is radio commentary 'live', or is there the 7 second delay? 7 second delay would make it completely pointless...

the delay on ABC grandstand used to be quite good but it’s almost as if 7 realised it and adjusted the delay making it nearly impossible

I’m sure others have found a solution - I’m just not that savvy

Digital radio has quite a long delay. Analogue is your only real option for listening while watching live sport.

When I decide to do it myself I use this one and it works pretty well. https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/sony-icf-p26-portable-am-fm-radio-with-speaker

Spent a lot of 2019 at games just listening to music the entire time instead. No signal static, drowns out the nuffies around me too.

Hi all, I'm in the process of trying to get the Premiership victory packs for all our cups. If there is anyone out there who has the 89/91 pack they want to get rid of or copy for me please let me know. Can PM me if you like. Cheers

So I’ve elected to go the hawks nest discount rather than the scarf.

Any guesses to how much the discount will be
I received a $40 voucher. Gold interstate membership.

When does pre-season training start?
I think 1st-4th years do a week just after the draft.

Everyone else doesn't train at all until the 6th Jan, I think

Read it somewhere, but can't remember where...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back