Preview R19: Essendon vs Bulldogs, 21/7 @ 7:50pm - DC is Better Stadium - CHANGES ARE IN

Who will win?

• We'll out those Dogs down!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • We'll roll over like puppies!

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • That's a throw not a damn handball!!!!

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

silk

Premium Platinum
Sep 10, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Angry Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar
Angry Fuck Me GIF

That last game was just so *en disheartening that it's hard to even give a s**t about this week. I know I need to look at the season as a whole, but games like that feel like a huge backsliding to the bottom after crawling up the hill all season. And now we paying those cheating Dogs; masters of the throw "handball" - the Footscray Western Bulldogs

How much of a s**t hole must Footscray be that your football team of nearly 100 years feel the need to change its name out of pure shame?

I was totally happy for the Bulldogs to arse their way to their first flag thanks to the AFL's introduction of the pre-finals bye. And the umpiring they got during the finals was totally fair and not in their favour whatsoever.

I'd probably still be ok with the Bulldogs cept for two factors. It's their fault we have to deal with one of the worst commentators in the game in Luke "Say that again" Darcy.. who latches desperately on to one idea and feels the need to constantly mention it EVERY *EN MINUTE! "Did you know he played soccer?" "Did you know it's his first game?" "Did you know he use to wear socks with thongs" - And the prick of a bloke* Peter Gordon always running his goddamn mouth during the saga, all while their party drug players go away with so much s**t in the background.

Thankfully they have completely wasted their list with their second-rate coach.*

Not that any of this *en matters because apparently, we don't even know how to MARK THE *EN BALL!!!! Sure we are fine when out on our own, but a feather touch of pressure and all our players fall to absolute s**t!

The Round That Was

Brad, meet Essington. Like a demon from the abyss, he arises to remind us that we are s**t! Not only are we s**t, we are amazingly s**t. This Brad, is one of the demons you must slay if you have any hope of staying as our coach for more than 3 years. Essington will present some of the stupidest, laziest and god-awful football you will ever see. Essington is like the aliens in Space Jam - It seeps into our players and sucks away all their talent.

hospital GIF

This is the other demon you must slay! The Teflon Man himself!

I Love You Movie GIF by Rocky

GEELONG 7.5 9.10 14.11 18.14 (122)
ESSENDON 0.1 3.2 4.2 7.3 (45)

GOALS
Geelong: Hawkins 5, Stengle 3, Close 2, Miers, Dangerfield, Blicavs, O.Henry, Rohan, O'Connor, Blicavs, Cameron
Essendon: Stringer, Wright, Menzie, Snelling, Bryan, Langford, Guelfi

BEST
Geelong: Atkins, Hawkins, Holmes, Miers, Blicavs, Z.Guthrie, Stengle
Essendon: Hobbs, Parish, Bryan, Heppell

INJURIES
Geelong: Nil
Essendon: Jayden Laverde (ankle)

SUBSTITUTES
Geelong: Oisin Mullin (replaced Patrick Dangerfield at three-quarter time)
Essendon: Nick Hind (replaced Jayden Laverde in the third quarter)

The Western Bulldogs saw an opportunity to cement their place in the eight snatched away from them by the underwhelming (in 2023), but almost always competitive Sydney Swans. They'll come out firing next week... Bevo might not be a great coach* but he is good at getting the Dogs up after a tight loss.

SYDNEY 2.3 6.7 8.9 11.12 (78)
WESTERN BULLDOGS 5.4 6.4 9.6 11.10 (76)

GOALS
Sydney: Papley 4, Franklin 2, Florent 2, Rowbottom, Amartey, Heeney,
Western Bulldogs: Naughton 3, Bontempelli 2, Liberatore, Vandermeer, Poulter, Weightman, Scott, Ugle-Hagan

BEST
Sydney: Gulden, Rowbottom, Parker, Florent, Papley
Western Bulldogs: English, Liberatore, Bontempelli, Naughton, Richards, Treloar

INJURIES
Sydney: Melican (hamstring)
Western Bulldogs: O'Donnell (concussion), Darcy (corked quad)

SUBSTITUTES
Sydney: Ryan Clarke (replaced Lewis Melican in the third quarter)
Western Bulldogs: Riley Garcia (replaced James O'Donnell in the second quarter)

The Last Time We Met

It was a classic Rutten game - We were competitive to half-time and then they spanked us in the third - That seemed to happen nearly every week last year.

WESTERN BULLDOGS 3.1 6.3 13.4 16.7 (103)
ESSENDON 2.3 3.7 6.10 10.11 (71)

GOALS
Western Bulldogs: McNeil 3, Dunkley 2, McComb 2, Wallis 2, Weightman 2, Bontempelli, Cordy, B.Smith, R.Smith, Vandermeer
Essendon: Wright 4, Cutler 2, Baldwin, Draper, Guelfi, Stringer

BEST
Western Bulldogs: Macrae, Dunkley, McNeil, Bontempelli, Smith, McComb, Treloar
Essendon: Draper, Martin, Parish, Merrett, Ridley, McGrath, Wright

INJURIES
Western Bulldogs: Wallis (foot)
Essendon: Cox (leg)

SUBSTITUTES
Western Bulldogs: Josh Schache (replaced Wallis)
Essendon: Dylan Shiel (replaced Cox)

Crowd: 33,677 at Marvel Stadium

The Selection Table

OUT - WEIDEMANN -
I don't give a s**t what the other changes are or aren't (That's a lie, I'll update this after the VFL have played)

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

Beat em! Beat em good!

Dons by 25!

Last edited:
Angry * Me GIF

That last game was just so *en disheartening that it's hard to even give a s**t about this week. I know I need to look at the season as a whole, but games like that feel like a huge backsliding to the bottom after crawling up the hill all season. And now we paying those cheating Dogs; masters of the throw "handball" - the Footscray Western Bulldogs

How much of a s**t hole must Footscray be that your football team of nearly 100 years feel the need to change its name out of pure shame?

I was totally happy for the Bulldogs to arse their way to their first flag thanks to the AFL's introduction of the pre-finals bye. And the umpiring they got during the finals was totally fair and not in their favour whatsoever.

I'd probably still be ok with the Bulldogs cept for two factors. It's their fault we have to deal with one of the worst commentators in the game in Luke "Say that again" Darcy.. who latches desperately on to one idea and feels the need to constantly mention it EVERY EN MINUTE! "Did you know he played soccer?" "Did you know it's his first game?" "Did you know he use to wear socks with thongs" - And the prick of a bloke Peter Gordon always running his goddamn mouth during the saga, all while their party drug players go away with so much s**t in the background.

Thankfully they have completely wasted their list with their second-rate coach.*

Not that any of this *en matters because apparently, we don't even know how to MARK THE *EN BALL!!!! Sure we are fine when out on our own, but a feather touch of pressure and all our players fall to absolute s**t!

The Round That Was

Brad, meet Essinton. Like a demon from the abyss, he arises to remind us that we are s**t! Not only are we s**t, we are amazingly s**t. This Brad, is one of the demons you must slay if you have any hope of staying as our coach for more than 3 years. Essington will present some of the stupidest, laziest and god-awful football you will ever see. Essington is like the aliens in Space Jam - It seeps into our players and sucks away all their talent.

hospital GIF

The Western Bulldogs saw an opportunity to cement their place in the eight snatched away from them by the underwhelming (in 2023), but almost always competitive Sydney Swans. They'll come out firing next week... Bevo might not be a great coach* but he is good at getting the Dogs up after a tight loss.

GOALS
Western Bulldogs: Naughton 3, Bontempelli 2, Liberatore, Vandermeer, Poulter, Weightman, Scott, Ugle-Hagan

BEST

INJURIES

SUBSTITUTES

The Last Time We Met

It was a classic Rutten game - We were competitive to half-time and then they spanked us in the third - That seemed to happen nearly every week last year.

GOALS
Western Bulldogs: McNeil 3, Dunkley 2, McComb 2, Wallis 2, Weightman 2, Bontempelli, Cordy, B.Smith, R.Smith, Vandermeer

BEST

INJURIES

SUBSTITUTES

The Selection Table

OUT - WEIDEMANN -
I don't give a s**t what the other changes are or aren't (That's a lie, I'll update this after the VFL have played)

Beat em! Beat em good!

Dons by 25!
Adrian, that's gold!

For the offcial record, I don't actually know if Peter Gordon is a prick and am basing my assessment purely on his comment during the SAGA and I lack the football nous to truly know if Bevo is a second-rate but lucky coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angry * Me GIF

I'd probably still be ok with the Bulldogs cept for two factors. It's their fault we have to deal with one of the worst commentators in the game in Luke "Say that again" Darcy.. who latches desperately on to one idea and feels the need to constantly mention it EVERY EN MINUTE! "Did you know he played soccer?" "Did you know it's his first game?" "Did you know he use to wear socks with thongs" - And the prick of a bloke Peter Gordon always running his goddamn mouth during the saga, all while their party drug players go away with so much s**t in the background.

The Round That Was

Brad, meet Essington. Like a demon from the abyss, he arises to remind us that we are s**t! Not only are we s**t, we are amazingly s**t. This Brad, is one of the demons you must slay if you have any hope of staying as our coach for more than 3 years. Essington will present some of the stupidest, laziest and god-awful football you will ever see. Essington is like the aliens in Space Jam - It seeps into our players and sucks away all their talent.

hospital GIF

GEELONG 7.5 9.10 14.11 18.14 (122)
ESSENDON 0.1 3.2 4.2 7.3 (45)

GOALS
Geelong: Hawkins 5, Stengle 3, Close 2, Miers, Dangerfield, Blicavs, O.Henry, Rohan, O'Connor, Blicavs, Cameron
Essendon: Stringer, Wright, Menzie, Snelling, Bryan, Langford, Guelfi

BEST
Geelong: Atkins, Hawkins, Holmes, Miers, Blicavs, Z.Guthrie, Stengle
Essendon: Hobbs, Parish, Bryan, Heppell

INJURIES
Geelong: Nil
Essendon: Jayden Laverde (ankle)

SUBSTITUTES
Geelong: Oisin Mullin (replaced Patrick Dangerfield at three-quarter time)
Essendon: Nick Hind (replaced Jayden Laverde in the third quarter)

GOALS

BEST

INJURIES

SUBSTITUTES

The Last Time We Met

GOALS

BEST

INJURIES

SUBSTITUTES

The Selection Table

OUT - WEIDEMANN -

Beat em! Beat em good!

Dons by 25!
clapping.gif

I reckon that’s finals gone to be honest

not only did we lose but we lost a s**t load of %

you’d hope we turn up against the dogs but I don’t see it, that loss was soul destroying.

I reckon that’s finals gone to be honest

not only did we lose but we lost a s**t load of %

you’d hope we turn up against the dogs but I don’t see it, that loss was soul destroying.

Saints, Dogs, Crows all lost so finals with 12 wins a real possibility. But is there any point making it and losing another elim final?

Parish likely to get a week for that tackle. So that doesn’t help.

Don’t think we can continue playing Weideman. Stringer is obviously injured too.
Jake hasn’t looked right for weeks and his kicking has been off. I’m wondering if he is still having groin issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back