Raines 2006 rising star

Remove this Banner Ad

jabso said:
No truetiger hasn't read the book on sarcasm.
You see sarcasm on the internet doesn't work unless you use tools like the rolleyes icon as you cannot tell tone of the wording from flat lifeless text.

Thats crap i dont have to use any icon to show that i was being sarcastic. I guess you dont know me well enough to know if i am joking around like others do.

I don't know so much how the others are performing but Heath Shaw would have surely registered brownlow votes in his last two games. He is making a run for it.

SingaporeSling said:
Yes award it now.

Dean Polo should get 2nd also.

Richard tambling 3rd.

Jeez that Heath Shaw /Danuyle Pearce are hacks.

Seriously I did hear on the call today that there was an incident inlovling Raines and Rob Harvey. what gives if any ?
Raines had the ball and gave Harvey the don't argue and ran around him. Wouldn't call it an incident, but it was a great bit of play against a player of Harvey's calibre.

Well regardless Raines can't win it now. He's ineligble following his trip on Aaron Fiora of St.Kilda. It's a stupid thing to be rubbed out of a major award for, but Richmond are appealling but they won't get anywhere. It's over for Raines and the NAB RS award.

tomthetiger said:
Yup. Raines isnt the rising star because he grabbed hold on Aaron Fiora's foot during a game. Good system we have.

Same thing happened to Corey McKernan. Would have won the rising star but got suspended for tripping by hand. That was obviously before he tied for a Brownlow but missed out.

tomthetiger said:
Yup. Raines isnt the rising star because he grabbed hold on Aaron Fiora's foot during a game. Good system we have.

You want to look at the incident which cost Corey McKernan a brownlow medal. :p

Edit: He also lost the rising star due to a tripping by hand incident aswell.

tomthetiger said:

He isn't the rising star because he isn't the best up and coming player for this season. This tripping will just give Richmond supporters a convenient excuse for him not to win it.

celtic_pride said:
Well regardless Raines can't win it now. He's ineligble following his trip on Aaron Fiora of St.Kilda. It's a stupid thing to be rubbed out of a major award for, but Richmond are appealling but they won't get anywhere. It's over for Raines and the NAB RS award.

Its not over yet, its the AFL tribunal we are talking about, anything could happen. They only need it slightly downgraded to get it below 100 points. I mean he didnt intentionally trip him, he was just trying to grab his foot and hold up play, not his fault that Fiora tries to run off and tripped over, therefore it was only reckless;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ollie73 said:
He isn't the rising star because he isn't the best up and coming player for this season. This tripping will just give Richmond supporters a convenient excuse for him not to win it.

Can he still receive votes (like in the Brownlow), just not be eligable to win it? Also to those that think Shaw is a certainty, what if the majority of selectors hate Collingwood, then he wont win it, its as simple as that. KB didnt give Griffen a vote at all last year, can allready guarentee that the SA selectors will give an SA player 5 votes etc.

Just on the SA voters, you can be as sure as #%#$^ that Danyle Pearce will get the 5 votes off them. I remember that Curley gave Griffen the 5 votes last year, even though Deliedo was the stand out player (at the time)

celtic_pride said:
Just on the SA voters, you can be as sure as #%#$^ that Danyle Pearce will get the 5 votes off them. I remember that Curley gave Griffen the 5 votes last year, even though Deliedo was the stand out player (at the time)

Whereas this year, even the most ardent Anti-SA judge could justify giving 5 points to Pearce.

Its between Murphy and Pearce for me. Shaw could come into it as well.

celtic_pride said:

And u can count on KB giving Raines 5 the bald little rat

davey_magik said:
Raines is better at winning the contested ball. Pearce has more class.
I'd say they are about even. Two very good young players though.

Raines averages 1.2 contested possessions
Pearce averages 0.9 constetsed possessions

Hardly a distinct difference there, especially as raines' plays in defence.

It really is 50/50. Allthough I would love Pearce to get the nod I wouldnt be too upset to see Murphy, Raines or Shaw get it. All good kids.

morell said:
It really is 50/50. Allthough I would love Pearce to get the nod I wouldnt be too upset to see Murphy, Raines or Shaw get it. All good kids.
The one thing you know for sure is that the debate will rage long after the decision and BF threads will pop up every time one has a BOG which may well be quite often.

celtic_pride said:

:D :thumbsu:

itsintheblood said:

Well regardless, I know think Heath Shaw and Danyle Pearce have gone ahead of him (and probably Marc Murphy)
Shaw's been having a purple patch of late.

Who cares about some stupid award. I know one thing if Shaw keeps improving like he is hes going to be a great player for us. Thats all I care about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back