Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber poster

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They never left.

However the "original" ones now have way less flavour than they used to to push you to buy the newer recipe.
Said it all along. They release a new version then bring back the old as "original" to show they listen to consumers. Poor attempt at boosting publicity and increasing sales. Uber don't forgot. I still haven't forgiven m&ms for increasing their price and decreasing the amount inside. Also maccas for increasing the price but decreasing the size because "they care about the populations waist line." Adopting the same serving size as the french...i want whopper size burgers. Don't punish those that look after themselves because the fat people don't burn more than they consume.

Companies keep this up and I'll be a anorexic...rich and anorexic.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Said it all along. They release a new version then bring back the old as "original" to show they listen to consumers. Poor attempt at boosting publicity and increasing sales. Uber don't forgot. I still haven't forgiven m&ms for increasing their price and decreasing the amount inside. Also maccas for increasing the price but decreasing the size because "they care about the populations waist line." Adopting the same serving size as the french...i want whopper size burgers. Don't punish those that look after themselves because the fat people don't burn more than they consume.

Companies keep this up and I'll be a anorexic...rich and anorexic.

You need to visit the Grumpy Old Thread

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Boycotting bad foods = me needing luck to stay fit...i thought you're supposed to become wiser as you age?!

Wisdom has nothing to do with it...unfortunately...the older you get the more you fall apart...yet to meet any bloke plus 40 that does not have some type of ailment regardless of fitness. Sadly I know of two of the fittest blokes you would outwardly say...drop dead unexpectedly of heart attacks.

You might get lucky by eating properly etc....but the make up of our genes...our environment...what stresses we placed on our body 0 to 40..catches up with post 40.

They never left.

However the "original" ones now have way less flavour than they used to to push you to buy the newer recipe.
My local stores only had the new ones so that's the first I've seen of them for a while.

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Final soccer match for the season today. Likely to get absolutely smashed because I'm filling in for the last team in div 6 and they're playing second. They conceded 6 against the second last team last week apparently.

Is there anything more disappointing in this world than the breakfast buffet at your typical resort style hotel?

I would suggest that there are hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of more disappointing things in the world than that.

I suppose this is busting your chops up there at the resort at present, too:

rich-people-first-world-problems-are-both-infuriating-and-ridiculous-19-photos-20.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apologies, not up to date with this thread but am sticking true to the title.

So I just found out my grandfather is a war hero. Served over 1000 days of active service during the Korean & Vietnam wars. I've never been close to my father and his side of the family. In fact, never really had anything to do with him. We've recently (sort of) caught up. Found out a bunch of stuff. Like my grandfather refused every medal awarded to him. I'm told this is somewhere between 13-16 medals. The medals were awarded to him from the Australian, U.S, & Vietnamese governments.

Anyway, I've never been proud of my roots from that side and its weird that I now have this to be proud of.

Edit: I have a half brother who is in the Army and is trying to get all the medals awarded to my grandfather.

2011 draft looks like one * up of epic proportion five years on.
Not only did we select McKenzie and Curran, we overlooked Lachie Neale twice along with every other club lol.
Saints absolutely dominated with Seb Ross and Jack Newnes taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
FYI we spent picks on upgrading Pederson and Luke Delaney ffs
Just a major * up

Sooo, just wondering, with the four fellas leaving, and Wells looking to head out, perhaps, an open door to the Brisvegas coaches box and an outgoing Chairman, any reasonable conspiracy theorist could suggest that with a new Chairman, we have already lined up a new coach, who may have hinted at the players that he needed/wanted cleared from the playing deck. Might be why Daniel is looking elsewhere, and why BS looks so surly. Perhaps a new era is about to begin.

What is everyone's favourite AFL podcasts? I listen to wil andersons (great), the stern report (of course) and titus (he is a bit of a flog). Kangaroos or humour based would be good.
At some point Titus changed his feed URL or something and I didn't bother chasing it down to resubscribe.

Enjoyed Wil Anderson's one for a while but found I was getting into the habit of skipping it when I had too much else in the queue.

Ditto with Bottom of the Pack (formerly Adrian Anderson All Stars). It's not bad but it's another one in the long list of "2-3 guys doing reviews and tips" that you can only take so much of. Been preferring the Plebs on Footy one for that lately. Is The Pleb still around?

I wanted to like the Footy Gospel and they seem like genuinely good blokes but the sound quality and rambling (usually over 2 hours) got to me in the end. I'll pick it up if they look like they have an interesting guest on. Might be better listening live if you're doing nothing on a Thursday evening and their Twitter side project Music Brownlow is fun.

Listen to a couple of AFL official ones most weeks: AFL Exchange is listenable but not as good now Drew's not on, and Matt Thompson is a dead set idiot. Road to the Draft I've been a bit surprised how entertaining it's been even in the depths of the real season months out from the actual draft.

The Outer Sanctum is a bit niche - all Hawthorn supporters and heavy on women's footy content and general latte-sipper concerns but I listen more often than not.

The Junktime podcast is by a couple of comedians and pretty good.

The Stern Look obviously (except when I'm on) and the main board pod when they can be bothered doing it are good. Despite not being much of a Bay 13 type I generally like the Flogcast.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apologies, not up to date with this thread but am sticking true to the title.

So I just found out my grandfather is a war hero. Served over 1000 days of active service during the Korean & Vietnam wars. I've never been close to my father and his side of the family. In fact, never really had anything to do with him. We've recently (sort of) caught up. Found out a bunch of stuff. Like my grandfather refused every medal awarded to him. I'm told this is somewhere between 13-16 medals. The medals were awarded to him from the Australian, U.S, & Vietnamese governments.

Anyway, I've never been proud of my roots from that side and its weird that I now have this to be proud of.

Edit: I have a half brother who is in the Army and is trying to get all the medals awarded to my grandfather.
My grandfather-in-law served the Red Army in WW2, or Great Patriotic War as the Russians call it. Had a few medals to show for it. He suffered injuries in the war, but to live through that hell to almost 100 years of age means he had a decent guardian angel.

War is hell, far better just to kill all the politicians instead.

September 13, 2014 we beat Geelong in that famous semi final at the G.
September 13, 2015 we beat Richmond in the elim final in front of 90,000.

2016 definitely missed the memo.
Hope it burns the boys not being able to run out on the G this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back