Opinion Ranked grand final match-up you'd most like to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1. Lions vs. Port (a chance to avenge 2004)
2. Lions vs. Tigers
3. Port vs. Cats (2007 rematch. Would be hilarious, in a cruel, sadistic way, if the Cats thump Port again, which is possible because they did flog them at the Gabba already this season)
4. Tigers vs. Cats

I'm happy with all these match-ups, though.

I want Richmond vs Brisbane/Geelong over any other match-up, but if we’re talking from an entertainment perspective, I’d go:

1. Port Adelaide vs Brisbane - 1 vs 2, 2004 rematch. Would be exciting.
2. Richmond vs Geelong - our missing GF match-up in the 2017 top 4.
3. Richmond vs Brisbane - There has been a bit of spice with this match-up lately. Also, the QF was a really good game.
4. Port Adelaide vs Geelong - 2007 rematch, which is probably why it is here.

To be honest though, I think all the match-ups are great. I don’t see any boring potential match-up like there usually is.

1. Lions v Port with history repeating please
  2. Cats v Port with history reversing please
  3. Lions v Tigs with a Lions win
  4. Cats v Tigs with a result after the siren

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port v. Dangerfield would be a great cherry on top of 2020 for all Adelaide fans.

Adelaide fans have always shown their true hatred when Dangerfield played Port for the first time at Adelaide Oval for the Cats.

The Geelong Football Club had over half of the state supporting them, including Paddy.

No matter what happen every matchup looks good on paper.

Richmond vs Geelong would put Dustin Martin against Patrick Dangerfield and the best for star power. Would’ve been a closer contest in 2017

Richmond vs Brisbane - rematch of the 1944 GF, in which the Lions won their last flag as Fitzroy in a game not played at the MCG due to the MCG being used as a military base for WWII.

EDIT: Fitzroy were called the Gorillas back then

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back