NFL Ranking the Teams - Most Liked to Most Disliked

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I am bored as hell with a bout of insomnia hitting me atm... Anyway felt like ranking the teams in order of my liking them :p

ANYWAY TO hit the ground running.....

• Giants – No guessing here
  • Jaguars – Yes, my favourite AFC team has been the jaguars for a long time.. Don’t rightly know why…
  • Texans – Softies who gained a boost by taking Williams, one of my fave college players last year
  • Colts – Unitas one of my fave QB ever… Peyton another fave
  • Vikings – Dunno, another softie I guess, wouldn’t mind see them go a ways
  • Steelers – Loved their aggression
  • Skins – Fun to watch
  • Chargers
  • Titans – Not a fan of Young but I still like em
  • Cowboys – I feel neither love nor hate really…
  • Panthers – Another team I sorta like…
  • Ravens - Little bit of Ray Lewis in your face never hurts
  • Raiders – Always knew the logo before the team in my youth.. But they are another team I enjoy watching succeed.
  • Patriots – Happy for their recent success, always fun to watch, despite the fact it has welcomed a bunch of band wagoning arrogant bastards (no one here)
  • Packers – Like the franchise, no hiding one of the best QB ever
  • Bills – A team I like to watch win but don’t particularly like… Anyway, best team to never win a Super Bowl
  • Chiefs
  • Saints – Sorta in the meh column but happy for their success… Hope the team isn’t moved
  • 49ers – Good entertainment early 90s but never jumped on the bandwagon
  • Fins – Another meh team but they were involved in one of my favourite matches ever, against the Chargers late 80s
  • Rams
  • Browns
  • Lions
  • Buccs
  • Bengals
  • Falcons
  • Cards
From here a lot harder… I really dislike these teams lol

• Jets – Just invite hatred don’t they :D
  • Eagles – Div rivals…
  • Bears – really dislike em which is weird because I normally love the dominant D’s
  • Broncos – I don’t know how I split these two but
  • Seahags – take the cake…
Sorry that I most likely bored you but it may offer SOME insight into my comments.... 'Specially' concerning the hags...

Packers

Baltimore the uniform/colours, and the way they've played defense for years. A friend sent my baby boy a Packer jersey and a Ravens jersey (she's trying to turn him), so I gotta respect her.
New Orleans more the colours than anything
Seattle Mike Holmgren is a god
Arizona feel sorry for them being so bad for so long
Cincinnati uniforms mostly
Pittsburgh the tradition of the team, and I like their uniforms also
Buffalo no real reason to dislike them
Houston no real reason to dislike them
Miami no real reason to dislike them
Jacksonville no real reason to dislike them
New Englanda well run organisation. have to respect that
NY Giants no real reason to dislike them
Cleveland the passionate fans
Atlanta no real reason to dislike them
Tennessee no real reason to dislike them
Carolina no real reason to dislike them
StLouis no real reason to dislike them
Detroit starting to get to dislike here. division rival, nuff said
Kansas City just don't like 'em overrated for a long time
NY Jets meh franchise that just can't get it together
San Diego no real opinion of them, they're just there
Indianapolis Tony Dungy. Complete fraud of a human being
Oakland team that needs to get a clue
Tampa Bay Tony Dungy. Complete fraud of a human being
Washington See Oakland. YOU can't buy a championship
San Francisco One game is all i need to remember. The whipping we've guven them in the Favre era is awesome
Philadelphia Always seem to play them in Philly. ANytime they come to Green Bay, they're shown up. FRAUDS.
Chicago What do I need to say? Lovie "I'm here to beat the Packers" Smith, you're also a FRAUD.
Minnesota They take our rejects, so I laugh at them more than anything. Mediocrity at its best.
Denver Shanahans a FRAUD. Done nothing without Elway. A friend who goes for them is over the top bias about them, so its easy to hate them.
Dallas Dirty, arrogant, cheating sons of bitches They can all go to hell.

1. Steelers

daylight....

Teams I don't mind:
Packers - How can you not like anything associated with the Lombardi trophy? Besides the "Happy Days" gang lived in Milwaukee where my favourite beer is brewed.. >> Millers <<

Arizona - Pushing up the charts now... considering a bunch of ex-Steelers now play for the RED. Also been to Arizona and I really LOVE the climate there... and the ultimate sportsbar is located in Phoenix as well.

San Fran - The 80's dynasty was forced fed to us juniors back in the day. Easy to follow a winner when you're a kid. Passive fan besides I've been to SF and enjoyed the place... even bought myself a Jerry Rice guernsey.

StL/LA Rams - The rivalry in the NFC West was always a treat to watch back in the day... I've been to/ like LA also that possibly endorses them to me... retro uniform looked better back then than it does now. The D ick Vermeil AG's story of how he had so much blind faith in his team is just admirable..

San Diego - Having an appreciation (of South Cal lifestyle) for the West Coast of the USA and also visiting SD also is something I can't possibly dislike about the Chargers. Junior Seau was one of my many admired players back in the 90's.

Don't really hate any NFL team BUT for some weird reason there is an unfavourable appreciation for the ugly sister team of the NFC which is the stroppy Seahawks. Not sure if it's their latest puke ocean blue undesirable uniforms or maybe their (still) whining supporters after Supabah XL just making them sore losers. Loved the way Joey Porter come out and CHEWED 'em out in the lead up to SB XL. :thumbsu: Stick it up 'em Joey!!

I've watched/ own a couple other AG films and the 1985 Bears is a classic story as is the Ravens 2000 story. Very enjoyable. Makes you appreciate the unsung heroes like Trent Dilfer alot more.

But anyway...

Love beating the AFC North rivals plus the Raiders & Cowboys but I certainly don't believe they are disliked as much as the 'cringe' team from up there in Seattle. I'm not alone either.

Tampa Bay

Cleveland- The old UnderDawg
Tennessee- Vince the prince
San Diego - LT baby
Cincinnati- Da 85
NY Jets- Benny
New Orleans - were shite when i was growing up
Baltimore - Respect for that D
Pittsburgh- Play smashmouth football
Minnesota - AD is great to watch
Washington - Stadium....play good football
Indianapolis Tony Dungy/Peyton.
NY Giants- Tiki
Arizona - no real reason to dislike them
Buffalo- no real reason to dislike them
Jacksonville- no real reason to dislike them
Houston- no real reason to dislike them
Detroit- no real reason to dislike them
Kansas City - no real reason to dislike them
New England- hate them as a hole but brady's a freak
Atlanta- brother goes for them
StLouis- Beat us in NFC championship game
Seattle - Theres just somethoing about them i dont like
Miami- Didnt like Dan Marino
San Francisco - Always seem to beat us
Carolina- Divvy rivals
Philadelphia - Not as much as I once did but gee we had some battles at the Vet
Oakland - Overrated franchise......just win baby...yeah good one!!
Chicago - Boring
Denver - Tall poppy syndrome from the 90's
Dallas - Filth

Saints
Panthers
Falcons(I know Saints fans are supposed to dislike them, but my bias towards the Deep South outweighs the rivalry)
The rest is largely based on a preference for teams with tradition/passionite support & a dislike for those that have moved. I also dislike Dallas for no good reason & dislike anything to do with California(USC's fault I think)
Packers
Browns
Steelers
Pats
Eagles
Lions
Bears
Jets
Giants
Texans
Bengals
Jags
Bills
Bucs
Vikings
Dolphins
Broncos
Seahawks
Cowboys
Raiders
Chargers
49's
Redskins
Cardinals
Chiefs
Titans
Rams
Colts
Ravens

I think as different seasons pass by, opinions change, some teams just annoy you some times. This season that team is definitely the Cowboys. I have never had much against them in the past but for some reason whether its Romo, seeing them every week or something else, they are just annoying me.

But like Woodson says, all teams are pretty good.. they are part of what makes the NFL great, most have a great history and thousands of stories to tell so I like all of them really.

Broncos

Teams I that I dont mind:

Jets
Browns
49'ers
Bills
Texans
Giants
Cardinals
Bengals
Jags

Teams That I have nothing against:

Packers
Lions
Bucs
Bears
Titans
Steelers
Redskins
Pats
Rams
Chargers
Saints
Panthers
Falcons
Colts
Eagles
Chiefs
Vikings
Dolphins
Seahawks
Ravens

Teams I dont really like:

Cowboys
Raiders

New Orleans (I can feel the love in this thread)

Pittsburgh - respect them.
Jacksonville - can't think of any reason to hate them
Cleveland - like what they're doing these days, Jamal Lewis was the only Raven I liked so I like him even more now.
Kansas City - don't ask me why, but I like watching them
Buffalo - again, can't think of a reason to hate them
San Diego - would have been higher last year. Hate the pale blue though.
Oakland - meh
Detroit - I feel their pain
Arizona - pretty harmless organisation
NY Jets - can't stand the coach . . . actually I don't think there's much I really like
New England - credit where it's due, even if they're cheats
Seattle - like the crowd & venue. Probably should be higher
Miami - they make the Saints look well run. Hate their home field though.
Indianapolis - again, credit where it's due. Love the coach and some of their D, Reggie Wayne (come home) & Harrison
Houston - I used to laugh but they're gaining my respect
Cincinnati - I still laugh
Minnesota - They used to be one of the most hated, new coach, new QB & AP changed all that
Tennessee - indifference
Denver - can't stand the coach
San Francisco - used to hate them, that is before they became a joke
Green Bay - I hate green & yellow (I'm un-Australian)
Washington - yuck
Philadelphia - McNabb & the fat controller really s**t me
NY Giants - I'd like to punch Eli even if he's the only one in the organisation without a mouth
Tampa Bay - Chucky really shits me
St Loius - biggest turds on turf
Baltimore - classless organisation.
Dallas - even less class. Like Carlton, dining out on past glories and think they're a success even when they haven't won a playoff game fr a decade
Carolina - they make me want to spew
Atlanta - they are spew.

PATRIOTS

Teams that i kinda like

Vikings - i have always had a manlove for moss, i wud have gladly traded both 1st for him, and this is just left overs for him (and peterson now)
Browns -Good ole Romeo
49'ers - that draft pick helped and i never had anything against them
Packers - good team, and my best friend goes for them
Bengals - it's funny watching a bunch of inmates struggling
Redskins

Teams That I have nothing against:

Jags
Lions
Bucs
Bears
Titans - i liked the oilers, used to like the titans, but rnd 17 last season put me of them
Rams
Saints
Panthers
Falcons
Eagles
Chiefs
Texans
Seahawks
Bills - they r div rivals, but they are just funny
Cardinals

Teams I dont really like:

Jets
Ravens - just don't. Lewis annoys me now especially.
Giants - not on the same level, just don't like Eli, the guy is a ****
Chargers - Rivers and LdT
Steelers
Colts
Dolphins - even when they suck they give us fits
Cowboys

Team I support....
Oakland

Teams I don't mind/enjoy watching....
Houston
Cleveland
Kansas City
Detroit
Tennessee

Teams I respect...
Green Bay
Chicago
Miami

Every other team still deserves respect tho I mightn't like them. For instance, I love Tom Landry, but dislike the Cowboys. Also, this is strictly TEAMS. As there are many cities in the USA that are great, have great fans/people, or would be awesome to live in (eg if I was drafted there). Or, many cities in the USA that suck or the fans/people suck, but whose teams I don't mind or enjoy watching. Plus, football itself, over the century, means there are thousands of characters, stories, and people who've contributed to pro-football or college football, and so football itself is the greater love.

Baltimore - classless organisation.
please explain?

From my perspective i don't mind if my own team is hated, often means you are good. Being liked by opposition supporters can sometimes mean you are an easy beat so people feel sorry for you or you are a struggling organisation off field ala North Melbourne, anyway my list...

Baltimore - brutal D, gotta love it!
San Diego - big LT fan, almost went for them instead of Baltimore
Indianapolis - respect Manning's pure precision and enjoy watching Bob Sanders
Green Bay - respect Favre and the way they have rebuilt
Arizona - a fan of Boldin and Fitz, and they rarely do anything so hard to dislike too much
St.Louis - SJax is a fave of mine
Tennessee - get the most out of what they have, respect that
Houston - respect the strong D they are building
Minnesota - similar colours, love AP
Jacksonville - strong D, good running game, similar to us
Philadelphia - as an organisation don't really loke them but do love to watch Westy
NY Jets - Big Ben
Buffalo - don't dislike, don't really care either
Miami - see above
Denver - don't really like Shanahan but the fact they turn any guy into a gun RB any given year earns respect
Seattle - don't really care
San Francisco - see above
Tampa Bay - see above
KC - see above
Detroit - really don't care about them
NY Giants - Coughlin annoys me, also not an Eli fan
Carolina - that font they use annoys the hell out of me, is it just me?
New England - pretty boy Brady and the cheat Bellichick
Chicago - meh, meant to be a good defence, actually show up then
Washington - Snyder can't buy Superbowls, stop trying!
Dallas - Jerry Jones and the fact i have to put up with them most weeks on Fox
Cleveland - divvy rival
Cincinatti - divvy rival, shocking uniform
New Orleans - couldn't care less if they are a cinderella story, just don't like them
Oakland - Al Davis should leave already, taking them no where fast
Atlanta - hated Vick, still hate them
Pittsburgh - just hate them and Woodson, Superbowl XL was almost 2 years ago, stop living in the past with your Bettis memories! :p

I have followed NFL for about 20 years or so and I've never been able to follow just one team. Have my favourites year to year for different reasons. So I don't really hate any team either. Each team conjures up different feelings/images based on past & present players, coaches, games, colours, image etc.

Have followed the following with a bit more interest than others:

Miami - Marino and the Mark brothers (Clayton & ???) the 2 wide receivers. Plus the whole Shula thing and the uniform.

NYJets - read a book about Joe Namath years ago and just had a soft spot since. Parcells going there spiked my interest.

Browns - Bernie Kosar and Bill Belichick joining as Head Coach. Devastated when they moved to Baltimore.

Bears - remember the whole '85 thing with Fride, Ditka and McMahon. Also Mike Singletary. Best uniforms in the NFL.

Other teams:

Seattle - I think of Dave Krieg.

Bills - Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Smith, Reed, Levy - what a team. 4 AFC Championships in a row. THE comeback against the Oilers in the playoffs.

Bengals - Boomer Esiason

Titans/Oilers - Warren Moon and the shotgun. They were very exciting.

Cowboys and 49ers never really got me that excited for some reason. Maybe because they were so good.

Saints - They had a great D in the early 90s, 4 outstanding LBs, Mills, Jackson etc (?)

Pats and Colts when they were always crap.

Chiefs - Schottenheimer and so many playoff disappointments. Even Allen and Montana couldn't help.

Lions - Barry Sanders, Herman Moore - great players, always crap D

Tampa Bay - I just remember the horrific orange uniforms and how crap they were before Dungy arrived.

Packers - they were seriously crap before Favre.

Falcons - Neon Deion, Who was that excellent receiver they had in the 90s (started with F maybe)?? There 14-2 season when they upset the 15-1 Vikings in the NFC title game.

Vikings - The tragic Walker trade.

Eagles - Randall Cunningham, Reggie White. They had a great D in the 90s

Redskins - John Riggins, Mark Rypien, the Hogs.

Giants - Simms, Taylor, Parcells and the Norwood miss for Bills in the SB.

Raiders - Jeff Hostetler, Tim Brown. Could never stand Al Davis, they'd be better off without him.

Jags - Mark Brunell and can never forget great playoff win against the Broncos at Denver in the first wildcard week. Huge upset as Broncos I think went 15-1 that season, Great game.

I have followed NFL for about 20 years or so and I've never been able to follow just one team.

Browns - Bernie Kosar and Bill Belichick joining as Head Coach. Devastated when they moved to Baltimore.

Bears - remember the whole '85 thing with Fridge, Ditka and McMahon. Also Mike Singletary. Best uniforms in the NFL.

Hey TGBB, if were devastated when Art Modell trucked 'em Dawgs outta town... be very ready with a box of tissues if you watch Brian's Song.. man, that one really gets the waterworks flowing.. you may end up being a sprinkler Baz.. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miami - Marino and the Mark brothers (Clayton & ???) the 2 wide receivers. Plus the whole Shula thing and the uniform. Mark Duper

Saints - They had a great D in the early 90s, 4 outstanding LBs, Mills, Jackson etc (?) Renaldo Turnbull... the other escapes me...

Gotta disagree on Moore. Had a few seasons of really good production, but had a pretty short career. But he was one of the early BIG FAST RECEIVERS which GMs covet now, so I'll give him that. He and Brett Perriman were a good tandem in the mid 90s, and there was a third too... Johnnie Morton!

Falcons - Neon Deion, Who was that excellent receiver they had in the 90s (started with F maybe)?? There 14-2 season when they upset the 15-1 Vikings in the NFC title game. Bert Emanuel, Terrence Mathis may be the one you're thinking of. They had a season when Jeff George was throwing the pill, and they had 3 1000yd receivers in a season. I'll go find out who the third is... Eric Metcalf.

You could also be thinking of Andre "Bad Moon" Rison... gun of a player, but I remember him as a Packer, and his 57yd TD in SBXXXI.

Eagles - Randall Cunningham, Reggie White. They had a great D in the 90s
Was surprised they never won a Superbowl. That defense was scary. Clyde Simmons, Seth Joyner, Andy Harmon, Eric Allen, William Thomas. Also had Keith Byars and Fred Barnett on offense too.

Apparently I can't just quote something, there has to be something written after the quote, so this is it.

49ers.

Teams I Despise:

Cowboys...in the glory days of NFC domination it hardly seemed fair that there could be not one but two teams as good as the 49ers...could have won another 2-3 SBs, plus Jerry Jones
Packers...refer above, less Jerry Jones plus the Favre factor
Raiders...Bay Rivalry and the fact they call us gay...well half of Raider Nation has served serious time and we all know what happens in prison.
Seattle...think they are the guns of the NFC West but are really just flat track bullies. Call me when you've won something that somebody remembers.

Teams I Can't Stop Laughing When I Watch Them:

Cardinals...even in the weak NFC West they still can't make a serious run...always good value if you happen to be State-side and need a last minute ticket to a football game.
Chargers...well I love the powder blue uniforms, the whole southern Californian thing and the way they go about things on the field, but their GM is a juvenile delinquent who constantly undermines this team when they are on the verge of being the next big thing.

Plan B Teams if the 49ers Didn't Exist:

Chiefs...because back in the dark days of Don Lane at 10.00pm on the ABC during the 30 second highlights package at the end of the show the their uniforms looked like the 49ers.
Bills...Jim Kelly deserved at least one SB ring didn't he?

Yeah, but we had to get locked up to engage in gay activity (tho not strictly gay), but you guys in San Fran are free and free to choose, and you choose gayness.

Might be true for half of them, there is still a pitcher for every catcher.

Rodney Peete I think DaSawx. One of the weirdest playoff games in recent memory.

Thanks Fuey, it was Andre Rison I was thinking about. Not the tallest receiver, about 6-0 but would have to have been close to the Falcons best receiver in the last 20 years. That in itself doesn't say much I guess.

Gotta disagree on Moore. Had a few seasons of really good production, but had a pretty short career. But he was one of the early BIG FAST RECEIVERS which GMs covet now, so I'll give him that. He and Brett Perriman were a good tandem in the mid 90s, and there was a third too... Johnnie Morton!

Moore was at the top for only 4-5 years, so you may be right, but 3 or 4 time All Pro and think he had 3 or 4 seasons in a row with over 100 receptions. Morton was a speed freak I recall.

Cincinnati - I still laugh

Like the rest of us laugh at St.Kilda?

I love the Bengals.

I like Cleveland, Kansas City and Green Bay. I hate Dallas, San Francisco and Denver the most.

Like the rest of us laugh at St.Kilda?

I love the Bengals.

I like Cleveland, Kansas City and Green Bay. I hate Dallas, San Francisco and Denver the most.

Hey Raskolnikov,

Didn't you end up moving to Atlanta?? IIRC, you were in a conundrum when you last visited BF NFL boards about whether you should follow the 'dirty birds' or stick it out with the 'Bungals'...

Good to hear from you again..:thumbsu: Hope everything is well with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back