Coach Saints to sign Ratten to new deal

Remove this Banner Ad

We are just starting to think he might be...there are some signs....but how can it hurt to wait...no ones going to steal him!
We are at the mid point of the season. If we still aren't confident enough in him to sign a contract just in case something happens in the back half of the season, then we might as well just part ways now. Either we think he is our long term coach or not. Nothing in the back half of the season should change that view.

I wish we'd wait.
If we get to the bye at 8 & 3 its a great start the year
I like the game style we are playing
Players are improving Dmac ,Sincs Ross Battle
Blooding young kids NWM - Winhager - Ownes - Sharman
Playing group seems really close and Happy

He is ticking a lot boxes

Last edited:
I wish we'd wait.
Your relentless negativity towards our club is exhausting to read.

And whilst I accept your right to see things as you do, it does my head in reading your comments while simultaneously seeing a picture of an absolute club champion staring at me from your profile.

I’ve prepared an alternative which you are free to use which will help me to avoid brain confusion 😎

0zLwTts.jpg

If we believe he is the right coaching moving forward, why should be wait?

I'm not 100% convinced yet. No-one is poaching him. There is no down side to waiting. There maybe if we sign him.

Your relentless negativity towards our club is exhausting to read.

And whilst I accept your right to see things as you do, it does my head in reading your comments while simultaneously seeing a picture of an absolute club champion staring at me from your profile.

I’ve prepared an alternative which you are free to use which will help me to avoid brain confusion 😎

0zLwTts.jpg

I didn't realise we were on the Ratten club forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankly, I dont think you are ever going to be convinced. But if the decision makers at the club are then there is no reason to keep holding off.

I think I've been more positive about our prospects this year than some of you old ladies on here. When we'd signed up Richo to a long term deal we had to stick with him or pay him out. You can just run around and justify it to yourself as a great move but I'm not keen to lock anyone in until we are certain that we have the right guy. I would wait until we are in the home stretch and then lock him away with some solid evidence behind him.

I think I've been more positive about our prospects this year than some of you old ladies on here. When we'd signed up Richo to a long term deal we had to stick with him or pay him out. You can just run around and justify it to yourself as a great move but I'm not keen to lock anyone in until we are certain that we have the right guy. I would wait until we are in the home stretch and then lock him away with some solid evidence behind him.
He's been coaching us since the back half of 2019. What do you expect the last 12 rounds of this season to reveal that we dont already know about Ratts as coach?

He's been coaching us since the back half of 2019. What do you expect the last 12 rounds of this season to reveal that we dont already know about Ratts as coach?

Ladder position. If he flops from here he might not be the man for the job.

Ladder position. If he flops from here he might not be the man for the job.
The article states they believe he is our long term coach so they shouldn't hold off making the decision out of fear things will turn to crap and their professional assessment in incorrect.

At some point we need to stop just expecting things to go wrong and start believing what we are seeing.

I do think Ratten deserves an extension tho.

Has taken us to finals.

Poor year last year tho. But last year results was a mixture of a few things.

And we are looking on track for finals this year.

But it’s about getting good coaches and support network around ratten.

Inclusions of Enright and Walsh (head of performance) have been immense. I believe Walsh has been our best off field pick up in the past 10 years. Maybe Lethelan just ahead of him. Not only has Walsh improved our fitness levels he’s improved our training standards. I’ve been too a few trainings and he is very vocal, very disciplined. Love it.

I would’ve thought two years was more appropriate. But then again I complained about dmac getting a 3 year extension and that is paying dividends.

Happy days at the moment!

Your eyes painted on are they champion??

To me he's got a much better list than Richo and had one year that was good one that was bad and one that at the moment is going well but not certain top 4. I think that our list this year should be getting better results. I'm not 100% convinced that he's getting everything out of them.

As a supporter base we have low standards after 10 years in the wilderness. To me top 4 should be the aim and unless we have some serious excuses we should be setting that as a minimum.

Because we aren't putting sides away by big margins and there being a pool of other sides all going for the same ladder spots top 8 isn't even guaranteed yet. To me we could easily drop off again quickly, I'd wait until the last minute to sign him. If it *s up on us we will get hammered for it. If we delay no-one will even notice.

You don't even watch the games so why am I writing you an essay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back