Preview Rd 10: Geelong v Gold Coast Sat May 22 2:10 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand this Match Committee in there selections... Reason why in not picking a genuine ruckman...

Clark stiff for mine. When the game needed to be won he got involved and was a big part of it. Esp as a fwd. Narkle was invisible after half time.

They have so much faith in Kolo. After 3 weeks out a trip via the magoos was surely in order given his last 12 months.
He has good history, and will be part of our finals campaign, and will need games asap.

I really don't understand this Match Committee in there selections... Reason why in not picking a genuine ruckman...
They consider Ratugolea a genuine ruckman.

We are really destroying Clark’s career at the cats by destroying his confidence.

His best year was his first when he was full of confidence with an amazing skill set, flair and highlight real.

we consistently drop him, make him a sub, drop, plays a game here and there, dropped. We are pushing our best young talent out the door.

either keep him in the team for a solid block and back him in or let him develop and get confidence in the 2s with the intention to bring him in when he gets it with a solid block of games in the 1s and the coach’s approval to back him in. That’d get him right and become the player we know he can be.

Or we continue to break him all the way to Freo where he becomes a gun rebounding defender and we scratch our heads wondering how that happened. Well not me, I see it unfolding

Esava is on the same trajectory as before the leg break. As compared to his first comeback, he is holding on to his marks. His confidence in that aspect of his game is growing. Next he can be expected to improve his positioning and then his goal kicking. Keep him on the park and he will continue to improve the physical skills at minimum. The nous hopefully will as well.
This
he is marking all around the ground which I what we badly need and frees up Hawkins around the ground

it would be madness to drop him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame. Had an opportunity to maintain a nice balance of youth and experience. A game against GC is the PERFECT time to get games into the likes of Clark, SDK and Holmes. Not all at once, but at least 1 or 2.

Instead we bring back Kolojashnij who showed in the first match against Adel that he’s very ordinary when needing a gallop. So, what do we do? The same thing! Some complete dunderheads on this MC.

And why not give Henderson a rest? Or Selwood who won’t get through the year if we keep playing him for 10 games in succession.

...................and then he'll be 24..............and then............26. And we'll still be waiting. Actually he needs to produce. Excuses are done . But your opinion is valid just the same. Let's see..
Context. The dots are cos I and many have posted many times that he is basically a big kid, give him time. It generally takes the big kids time.

Real example of a not-so-big kid I saw a lot as an 8-10 year old. Name is Darcy Parish, and he is going ok but took a bit to get going.

Give it time, IMO Sav ooooooooozes talent.

And why not give Henderson a rest? Or Selwood who won’t get through the year if we keep playing him for 10 games in succession.
Henderson needed on King.

They'll have a rest in a fortnight when we have the bye

Nothing worse then a team coming out saying how important there next game is. That's the reason gold Coast are a rubbish football organisation, they require an outside motivation to actually put in a half decent effort. They might crack in against us but then they'll continue to put in lacklustre performances for the weeks following.
We'll smash them.
And there is a reason they say it against us, and it's a good reason

Well we don’t really know that. He’s looking pretty good in the first quarter at VFL level as one.

Agree about Blicavs role. But he could be used back if needed.
Just don’t see the need at this point. Very happy with how he’s developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back