Preview Rd 10: Geelong v Gold Coast Sat May 22 2:10 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well atm, he’s doing a fine job as one. Stevens also looking excellent. Constable a class above. Just needs a tank...
Yes, the best I’ve seen Stevens look. Just want him involved more.

Sadly, I’ve given up on Chook.

This is the dumbest part of the HTB problem. Add to it the genuine attempt to dispose. Its either correct disposal or not. And making the ump decide whether it was actually knocked out or a genuine attempt does a massive disservice to the game. The way it is now there is too much room for bad calls or ugly game play.
One of the main problems I see is that the umps get often caught up in the game and the momentum. Otherwise in my objective view the Tiggers version of chaos footy would be pinged over and over again. But it's seen to be exciting so it is allowed to happen.

What shits me and just about everyone else is when other teams start a legitimate version of their own chaos and then do get pinged, simply because they are not the latest acceptable version and the current chaos rules don't apply.

It is and has always been that the team who is seen as the trailblazer - in terms of game style - will always get more leeway from the umps than the also-rans. That is until another trailblazer arrives, then it all goes to shite for the incumbent.

I am waiting.

Suns with some good ins in Sexton, Miller, Holman and Smith, really like the way Sexton goes about it, very underrated. Miller is there key ball winner so he is a big in, we have to be on our toes early in this one otherwise they have the potential to jump us, on paper its not a terrible team.

Id be really surprised if Clark is here next year, i dont rate him like some on here but he did some good things last week and probably deserved another week in the side. Could be on the plane back to Perth in some sort of Darcy deal i reckon.

will be twice the player darcy will ever be.

all we have to do is give him a solid block of games and back him in with the aim for him to refrain his confidence or drop him for a period to get confidence in the 2s, to bring him back in when up and confident. The Clark playing now is timid, hesitant and that’s coz of us (dropping every second game), his potential is so much higher - just look at his first year before we ruined him mentally

We are really destroying Clark’s career at the cats by destroying his confidence.

His best year was his first when he was full of confidence with an amazing skill set, flair and highlight real.

we consistently drop him, make him a sub, drop, plays a game here and there, dropped. We are pushing our best young talent out the door.

either keep him in the team for a solid block and back him in or let him develop and get confidence in the 2s with the intention to bring him in when he gets it with a solid block of games in the 1s and the coach’s approval to back him in. That’d get him right and become the player we know he can be.

Or we continue to break him all the way to Freo where he becomes a gun rebounding defender and we scratch our heads wondering how that happened. Well not me, I see it unfolding
I get your points, but you'd think our MC knows his upside, and see him as future, mut maybe he needs to do more than what he is currently offering.

We are really destroying Clark’s career at the cats by destroying his confidence.

His best year was his first when he was full of confidence with an amazing skill set, flair and highlight real.

we consistently drop him, make him a sub, drop, plays a game here and there, dropped. We are pushing our best young talent out the door.

either keep him in the team for a solid block and back him in or let him develop and get confidence in the 2s with the intention to bring him in when he gets it with a solid block of games in the 1s and the coach’s approval to back him in. That’d get him right and become the player we know he can be.

Or we continue to break him all the way to Freo where he becomes a gun rebounding defender and we scratch our heads wondering how that happened. Well not me, I see it unfolding

Or maybe we’ll look back one day and say making him work hard for his spot in the senior side made him a far better player in the end, just like it has countless others over the past century. I guess we’ll see. I mean, would you rather work hard for your first 3 years to earn a spot in a contending Geelong team (under the tutelage of selwood, Scarlett, Enright etc) or walk into the Freo side and play each week but most likely end up less successful as a team and less developed as a player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe we’ll look back one day and say making him work hard for his spot in the senior side made him a far better player in the end, just like it has countless others over the past century. I guess we’ll see. I mean, would you rather work hard for your first 3 years to earn a spot in a contending Geelong team (under the tutelage of selwood, Scarlett, Enright etc) or walk into the Freo side and play each week but most likely end up less successful as a team and less developed as a player?

If Clark walks then it’s probably fair to say he doesn’t have the mettle to be a star if the comp anyway.

He’s been at the club for 5mins at this point. He’s never done anything to lock in a spot in the best 22. If he’s going to make anything of his career it will be by putting his head down and forcing his way in.

Fort and Jenkins largely but structurally i can understand why they arent in.
Yes, can’t see the argument that Dahlhaus and Kolo are being unfairly favoured over Fort and Jenkins.

Surely they cant go with sav in the ruck again. Sav to the foward line or not at all.

Unless we're going with Blicavs & Henry as the rucks then yes they're giving him a third chance this week to show something in the ruck

An interesting description of Dahlhulaus in an article discussing the team changes ahead of tomorrows match

The recall of Dahlhaus and Kolodjashnij from injury brings an additional 318 games of experience to the Cats as they look to lock away another victory just two weeks out from their mid-season bye.

Dahlhaus will add some speed to the forward group, which has been firing in recent weeks thanks to the joint contributions of Tom Hawkins, Gary Rohan and boom off-season recruit Jeremy Cameron.

Surely they cant go with sav in the ruck again. Sav to the foward line or not at all.

would get away with it against the Suns - and given their lack of top quality KDs it might actually work quite well - but do you think he, Hawkins and Cameron can work together long-term?

ultimately I reckon Ratugoleas best position would be at FF, hopefully we are able to retain his services post-Hawkins ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back