Preview Geelong V Crows Sat May 6th 2023 2:10 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think they did it a number of times last year. But I can’t recall who so maybe my memory is playing tricks.

But think they named people in coming back from injury a few times only to say last minute they didn’t get up. I remember scott explaining they pick them if there a chance to play and then give them to last minute.

Anyway maybe 2E is all good.
Happy to be corrected with examples. My strong and persisting memory for a number of years is fans expecting named “ins” to be late outs and it not happening.

I'm struggling to pick a winner here.

Not as confident as I was earlier, given the mounting injuries.

The Crows are a fair chance to get us here I reckon, but then that's tempered by their last game.........

Im a conservative poster ( but i did tip the Cats by 6 goals in GF ) but you are kidding with your sentence their

Adelaide hate KP - they will be gonso very early in this match - Geelong in an absolute romp by 10-12 goals

What did Jack Dyer once say re an upcoming Victorian state game if he was coach - he said look - id give them a bit of a pep talk - then id go to the races - and Chris Scott could do exactly the same this weekend

Didn't see that, but then I didn't get to watch the whole game either.

Good to know.
Probably nothing, but just came to mind when Jack The Godfather mentioned a corkie.

It would be on the coverage somewhere. The other forwards were all on their chairs and OH was getting some work from the trainer (Proper work, not the Gary Rohan work)

Im a conservative poster ( but i did tip the Cats by 6 goals in GF ) but you are kidding with your sentence their

Adelaide hate KP - they will be gonso very early in this match - Geelong in an absolute romp by 10-12 goals

What did Jack Dyer once say re an upcoming Victorian state game if he was coach - he said look - id give them a bit of a pep talk - then id go to the races - and Chris Scott could do exactly the same this weekend

Why am I kidding?

We have a mounting injury toll.....SDK the latest out.....there's a tipping point, and we're playing a side who've been in pretty good form.

Therefore I see it as a genuine 50 / 50 game.

Why am I kidding?

We have a mounting injury toll.....SDK the latest out.....there's a tipping point, and we're playing a side who've been in pretty good form.

Therefore I see it as a genuine 50 / 50 game.
I think you would be Penniless as a bookmaker - your saying Even money

Current market Cats $1.20 Crows $4.50

And at bouncedown i think Geelong will start even shorter - and rightfully so

I think you would be Penniless as a bookmaker - your saying Even money

Current market Cats $1.20 Crows $4.50

And at bouncedown i think Geelong will start even shorter - and rightfully so

Yeah, righto.

How did the bookmakers go with their odds on the Tigers vs Suns last week?

Anyhow, I see it as a danger game, but I hope you're right and it's an absolute walk over.

Yeah, righto.

How did the bookmakers go with their odds on the Tigers vs Suns last week?

Anyhow, I see it as a danger game, but I hope you're right and it's an absolute walk over.
You can only go on the form - and i thought Geelongs 1st half in particular against Ess was top class

And im not being arrogant re stating Adelaide record at KP - because Geelongs record at Football Park against the Crows was equally horrendous

You can only go on the form - and i thought Geelongs 1st half in particular against Ess was top class

And im not being arrogant re stating Adelaide record at KP - because Geelongs record at Football Park against the Crows was equally horrendous

Agreed, and I'd suggest this is a clash of two form sides.

Yes, the Crows have a poor record at KP, but I see that and will raise you our injury toll......

Anyway, I hope you're right and we win this in a canter. I just can't quite share that degree of confidence this week is all.

Another player has a corky to the thigh.

cR3DxkG.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’d add some interest seeing Mullin as the sub and get a run around. On vfl form there are others ahead of those emergencies but good time of year to get some games into a few players.

Agreed, and I'd suggest this is a clash of two form sides.

Yes, the Crows have a poor record at KP, but I see that and will raise you our injury toll......

Anyway, I hope you're right and we win this in a canter. I just can't quite share that degree of confidence this week is all.
Surely there's room for somewhere in between these extreme views. Crows fans all think they're going to lose by 10 plus goals (they're aware of who we are missing), most here seem to think it's too tough to call a winner. If it was played in Adelaide I might be in the latter camp. Playing it in Geelong there's a 6 or 7 goal swing at least.

People look at the outs but I'd rather instead look at the 22 and their current form line/fitness/output:

Top top tier: Dangerfield, Hawkins, Cameron, Close, Miers, Stewart
Playing well: Blicavs, Holmes, Zuthrie, MOC, Henry, Smith, Simpson
Solid: Duncan, Kolo, Bews, Sav, Bruhn, Atkins
Questionable: Tuohy, Ceglar, Knevitt

Until the weekend I'd have Sav as "playing well", won't take much for him to bounce back. Players like Duncan, Bews and Kolo should improve too.

We're fielding a strong side in a good run of form. Adelaide are somewhat unknown entities away from home. We are rightly strong favourites. Doesn't mean we can't slip up of course

About a million miles at this point….. or are you saying in circumstances like this where we have 6 or so best 22 out?

I think he means when will menegola be fit to return afl or vfl. Mid season at least id assume.

Crom nearly got smoked by the Hawks 2 weeks ago in Tassie.

I expect to win this game but the players missing would make losing a tad more understandable.

Crom nearly got smoked by the Hawks 2 weeks ago in Tassie.

I expect to win this game but the players missing would make losing a tad more understandable.
spot-on, except I'd say hope instead of expect

Surely there's room for somewhere in between these extreme views. Crows fans all think they're going to lose by 10 plus goals (they're aware of who we are missing), most here seem to think it's too tough to call a winner. If it was played in Adelaide I might be in the latter camp. Playing it in Geelong there's a 6 or 7 goal swing at least.

People look at the outs but I'd rather instead look at the 22 and their current form line/fitness/output:

Top top tier: Dangerfield, Hawkins, Cameron, Close, Miers, Stewart
Playing well: Blicavs, Holmes, Zuthrie, MOC, Henry, Smith, Simpson
Solid: Duncan, Kolo, Bews, Sav, Bruhn, Atkins
Questionable: Tuohy, Ceglar, Knevitt

Until the weekend I'd have Sav as "playing well", won't take much for him to bounce back. Players like Duncan, Bews and Kolo should improve too.

We're fielding a strong side in a good run of form. Adelaide are somewhat unknown entities away from home. We are rightly strong favourites. Doesn't mean we can't slip up of course

I don't see being torn about whether we can win this game or not, when we're playing a form team with one of the weakest sides we can field, as an 'extreme view' in its own right at all......but I can see it as somewhat diametrically opposed to a '10 - 12 goal win', if that's what you mean.

You reference a strong side: it's not bad, but it's definitely much weaker than the side we could field. Throw in Stengle, Rohan, SDK, Stanley and Henry, and you'd have to admit the team would be much better.

So, in perspective, the Crows will be facing a much weaker team than they otherwise would.

The Crows have been in good form, but have never played GMBHA well. We've always played well against them there, but we're well down on personnel for this game. I'm just not sure where the tipping point is.

My head tells me we SHOULD win, but my gut says the Crows are a sneaky chance. It's as good a chance as they'll get imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back