Preview Geelong V Crows Sat May 6th 2023 2:10 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that was the plan until yesterday's injury news & SDK out which meant we'd have a different look in the ruck & down back - so now they're trying to take advantage of our makeshift tall defence options

If that is the case kind of ironic that we didn't just name SDK and then pulled the late out trick like usual. I suppose it gets around clubland if there is surgery involved.

I worry about having so many decent players not playing. Much better now than come finals time though.

But... at least with it looking like being wet, that should somewhat offset SDK not being available and Ceglar being able to do the grunt work in the middle v a very strong ruckman.

Same thing with Bruhn... a slower game with more stoppages on a tighter ground should suit him.

Don't mind the way Knevitt is slowly coming along... but he ain't built for the wet like a Parfitt is.

Still expect to win but I'm not as confident as the last 4 weeks.

Danger being a machine in the guts helps so much, so fingers crossed he keeps it up.

What’s this about Tuohy? Absolutely no chance he misses.

More generally, Geelong’s propensity for late changes is almost always players we aren’t aware are injured. I can’t recall a time they’ve named someone as an “in” who is a late out and doesn’t play.

More generally, Geelong’s propensity for late changes is almost always players we aren’t aware are injured. I can’t recall a time they’ve named someone as an “in” who is a late out and doesn’t play.

Jack The Godfather is suggesting another player is carrying an injury......

Rohan, Bowes, and DeKoning were not big contributors last week. But there does come a tipping point.

And interestingly Adelaide went in unchanged after talk of resting players earlier in the week.

I think the SDK injury has them sniffing a morale boosting victory. So often teams are beaten before they arrive in Geelong.

May not be the case this week, but I think we will defend the ground much better and there will be a big focus on defence this week after letting in 16 goals last week.

Cats 80-60 in a scrap.

Good selections the best we could have done with our injury list. Parfitt is clearly s fair way down the pecking order now given he cant get in ahead of simpson and knevitt etc

With so many senior players missing, seems silly to leave out Parfitt too. I know his form was poor, but this is not the week to leave him out.

I think others were needed more simpson for the front half with no rohan or stengle and knevitts height is useful on the wings in case we need to push blitz back more to help sav. Plus i dont think you need parfitt with bruhn in there ie both dont have a second position they can play outside of mid and i think one of that type is enough. Plus his form has not been good

Mullin in the listed emergencies.

I wonder if he’s a sneaky chance to play given Geelong’s love of a late change?

Ceglar surely a chance to be pulled out late again if the weather is average as per forecast. Also pretty sure Mullins parents are out here currently so that joins a few dots.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ceglar wont be pulled out when theres no other ruck option except blitz. We probably will play him for 3/4 then sub him though.

Im pretty sure mullins parents are just here for a visit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where I'd look at Dempsey as sub

We cross fingers for no injures, and then during the third quarter sub our Ceglar to manage him for the next week, and bring on fresh legs - then we back in Blicavs to carry the ruck over the last quarter & a bit

Agreed my thoughts exactly.

I actually think they did it a number of times last year. But I can’t recall who so maybe my memory is playing tricks.

But think they named people in coming back from injury a few times only to say last minute they didn’t get up. I remember scott explaining they pick them if there a chance to play and then give them to last minute.

Anyway maybe 2E is all good.

If that is the case kind of ironic that we didn't just name SDK and then pulled the late out trick like usual. I suppose it gets around clubland if there is surgery involved.
Exactly the point. Geelong a small place so a 200cm footballer with wild hair been driving into a hospital by his twin footballer house mate was bound to attract attention and get out.

With so many senior players missing, seems silly to leave out Parfitt too. I know his form was poor, but this is not the week to leave him out.
But who does he replace in the current 22? I'm guessing it would be him or Tanner, and the club has decided to back in the youngster after his efforts last week as sub - hard to fault that option

His form at both AFL & VFL level has been down this year, and while C. Guthrie is missing again this week, we aren't necessarily lacking options in the 22 to play in the guts

Well he's not a coach is he 😉
giphy.gif

Just gotta find a way, and I think we will.

Actually less worried now that it's a backs against the wall scenario. Seems to suit this group.

Interesting with all the puff pieces about Jhye Clark during the week he wasn't even named as an emergency.
Yes that ruined my cats media messaging. I thought he would have come in as emergency and had us all guessing whether sneaky chance to debut.

Having said that they usually do have a back forward midfielder and ruck spread. This week we didn’t have any ruck left so they opted for 2 back men?

It sounds like Jack is hearing that it could be impeding said player considerably.....
It was Scotty. Copped one from his brother while leaving the coaches box last week, nasty stuff.

Hasn't been able to fake tan or style the hair all week. It's absolutely impeding his preparation for match day.

It's not Tuohy I'm worried about.

Another player has a corky to the thigh.
Could you share the name if you know it?

The Scandals and Rumours board always frustrates the hell out of me, when someone alludes to something and we all have to endlessly play Where's Wally games to guess the player. Would you good if someone knew something, they'd just straight up share it.

Could you share the name if you know it?

The Scandals and Rumours board always frustrates the hell out of me, when someone alludes to something and we all have to endlessly play Where's Wally games to guess the player. Would you good if someone knew something, they'd just straight up share it.
If we're playing the guessing game, O Henry was getting a fair bit of work done on his quad at half time last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back