Game Day Geelong V Crows Sat May 6th 2023 2:10 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time for the Crows at KP.

They haven't done well here for 20 years.
They are well overdue and today could be their day.

We are clearly weakened with the unavailable list climbing - but every team has injuries and its all about depth and the next man up.

So we will see.

OH, Bruhn, Dempsey, maybe Clark will get a look in.

Ceglar perhaps as well.

Its out dung heap so lets get around them and get this done today.

Perhaps today is the day one of the new breed flashes and makes their stamp on the future.

Getting to 5-3 would be epic from 0-3 start - will need our best to do it.

GO Catters

Last edited:

Crows look a lot better this year but something about KP seems to do their heads in.
Expecting a scrappy forgettable game but a win to the cats.

Is it raining down in G town like here?

Not at the moment

It was late evening & overnight, plus the ground still looks a little wet - not no rain at the moment

It does seem likely to come though

Really hope Ceglar has a big impact (in a positive way).

The dude cops so much heat for a backup type player.

I thought he was handy when he played last year. Brought some old fashioned ruck traits to the team. The pre season this year though he looked completely gone physically. KP should help mask the ruck and KPD deficiencies. If this game was in Adelaide would have zero confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was handy when he played last year. Brought some old fashioned ruck traits to the team. The pre season this year though he looked completely gone physically. KP should help mask the ruck and KPD deficiencies. If this game was in Adelaide would have zero confidence.
Yes. Ceglar added some physicality to the ruck and around the ground.

This is a real danger game. A bigger one than last week. The Crows have been playing very well recently, better than what we have, to be frank. Anyone thinking that we're a lock to win just because our home-ground advantage has been a factor recently is delusional. Adding the injured players we've got out is a very winnable game for Adelaide. The Cats will have to play at their best today to get the 4 points.

Not at the moment

It was late evening & overnight, plus the ground still looks a little wet - not no rain at the moment

It does seem likely to come though
I honestly can’t remember what we look like in the wet? Does it dilute our home ground advantage? And we do have a few more lighter bodies that normal?

Does this make the outcome a bit more random?

Hey guys, I have three single seat tickets available for free to todays game. I have three family members who were going to go up from Melbourne but one discovered this morning they have covid so they’ve cancelled.

They’re mobile tickets so I can just send a picture of barcode. Anyway just DM me if you can use them or even one or two of them.

They’re not together but are all close to each other in the Brownlow Stand ground level.

If anyone in Geelong wants a free ticket to the game today I've got one free end of aisle ticket.

This is a real danger game. A bigger one than last week. The Crows have been playing very well recently, better than what we have, to be frank. Anyone thinking that we're a lock to win just because our home-ground advantage has been a factor recently is delusional. Adding the injured players we've got out is a very winnable game for Adelaide. The Cats will have to play at their best today to get the 4 points.
There is no way Adelaide have been playing better than Geelong lately unless you think bad kicking is good football. They completely bottled the game Vs Collingwood who were there for the taking. They just barely scraped by Hawthorn the week before. They've taken strides this season but let's not go overboard.

It's fine to estimate that Adelaide can win this game. But the injury excuse doesn't fly, nor does overrating their abilities. We'll lose today if we play poorly and they step up. That can happen: see Freo last year. If our top 16 play the way they have been lately, we win. Any neutral would say the same.

Crows will have a go and have the youthful speed to clog up our forward space and to pressure the cats when we have the ball. Their forward line is dangerous so Bews and co need a lift. They’ll probably tag Stewart with Keays . At home I think the cats should be getting the W. Bring the work rate to match theirs please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back