Preview Geelong V Crows Sat May 6th 2023 2:10 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given he missed most of his last season of GAA with hamstrings, this is now a concern.,

I think he needs to lay off of the weights. Looks heavy for a running player.

I'm not so sure about that. Jack has a steely resolve that Ollie has yet to display. Perhaps because he was not a natural footballer Jack has had to work harder. I get the feeling he is very coachable and will do whatever is asked of him. He has a team first mentality. I seem to remember hearing that when Jack was first drafted his father said to Chris Scott something along the lines of "he will never let you down". Ollie may prove to be the better player. I hope he does for the club's sake but he has a fair way to go in my book to reach Jack and hopefully the best of Jack is yet to come..
That's fair enough. I have no opinion at this stage just passing on info
It's also how I knew Ollie would be at Geelong at some stage. 😏

I agree that every club has injuries.
I also agree that our current situation is manageable.
My comment was that a few more injuries might prevent us from competing against the top teams.
How many more injuries do you think we can handle before we start dropping games?
Just think the next month is manageable if it doesn’t get worse, be nice to only have a couple missing by the time Footscray rolls around.

I'll always remember the Henry's uncle telling me at our family reunion that Jack was the athlete and Ollie was the natural footballer. Ollie was 14 at the time
He also said Ollie would turn out the better player.

Which Uncle ? Fathers side..Mother side? On the talented brother observation. I have heard that type of thing before. Going back to when the Ablett's were playing Nathan was obviously the better players as a junior... so it doesn't alwasy work out that way but one can see the difference between the two. Think OH's potential is probably higher but both could be very good footballers , Jack already is. Like to see Ollie work on his conversion a bit but he is the type that you look at and say..he could better in this , better in that ... and meanwhile he still managed to get three of four goals.

Interesting. I had him as emergency in my meat tray and didn’t think about Osin…

I had thought Clark might be a smokey sub debut? I think that would require a late change out of 22.

My view is Dempsey current sub but would go in if a late change.

Given weather and ground might be heavy I would think that if late change does happen they would put Parf as sub rather than Clark? (Assuming I am right on Dempsey which I may not be). We have a few light bodies which is unusual for us so not sure they would risk adding Clark to mix yet? But I will watch out on the socials just in case we get the call to parents tomorrow morning!

Interesting. I had him as emergency in my meat tray and didn’t think about Osin…

I had thought Clark might be a smokey sub debut? I think that would require a late change out of 22.

My view is Dempsey current sub but would go in if a late change.

Given weather and ground might be heavy I would think that if late change does happen they would put Parf as sub rather than Clark? (Assuming I am right on Dempsey which I may not be). We have a few light bodies which is unusual for us so not sure they would risk adding Clark to mix yet? But I will watch out on the socials just in case we get the call to parents tomorrow morning!
Recent development but Clark is now in the emergencies with Mullin out

The Last Loss we had to the Crows at KP was Round 10 2003

The Team was made up of

3 x 19 Year Olds
2 x 20 Year Olds
6 x 21 Year Olds
2 X 22 Year Olds

Bomber was Playing alot of "Kids"

There was also 13 Players with under 50 games

How things have changed
We beat them at KP when they were one of the top sides in 2005 :)

Sorry, it's Simpson. Told now he'll play.
That might strengthen my theory that Dempsey as sub? If any lingering doubt on Simpson?

To me it is him or Parf but I reckon they think they can cover off in the middle….and will want some injection into forward line late…unless they get worried about heavy track which might favour Parf

At first thought with 6-7 of best 22 out (depending on where you see Jack Bowes) you would think we would struggle but then I look at the 22 and the only immediate outs with everyone available are Bruhn, Knevitt and Ceglar. The other 3 are probably going to depend on form and match ups.

Also think having 2 backmen out at the one time hurts us. Stewart is a great attacking defender but Henry and Kolo and to a lesser extent SDK provide cover for him. He is a bit see ball get ball and is not a great defender in being able to lock down his opponent because of it and is open to be exposed when "the band" is not together.
Mostly agreed but with Tuohy back in the side I expect Kolo and Stewart to lock down a little more. Let's put it this way - I thought our defence suffered more minus Stewart and Kolo (on top of Henry), rather than SDK and Bowes. Bews will be handy this week too despite his patchy form so far. Crows have dangerous smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a good initiative

I really love how the Club has embraced the women's game & incorporated our AFLW & VFLW teams into the fold

We had our AFLW captain as part of the 2022 flag unfurling, and now when acknowledging our most recent retirees it includes two inaugural AFLW team members - something very easy to do to show the '4 Team, 1 Club' mentality

Noticed an interesting stat. Thus far this season, Dangerfield has had the 8th least game time at the club at 70.3%. Of the 7 players who have had less game time, Ceglar's only played 1 game and the other 6 have worn the substitutes vest at some stage during a game.

Noticed an interesting stat. Thus far this season, Dangerfield has had the 8th least game time at the club at 70.3%. Of the 7 players who have had less game time, Ceglar's only played 1 game and the other 6 have worn the substitutes vest at some stage during a game.
good stat…

seems like an obvious plan to keep him as a power impact player throughout each game

Then you consider this going into round 8:

- Dangerfield is averaging 4 centre clearances per game; equal first in the league with L. Neale

- He's also averaging 7 clearances per game; equal 7th in the league alongside C. Oliver (Neale 8.57, Parish 8.43, Cripps 8.28, Bont 8.00, Rowell 7.43 & Serong 7.28, ahead if them)

- Averaging 7 inside 50s per game, equal second with Gulden

- Ave 1.71 goal assists per game which is third highest in the league, but his total of 12 is second most behind Miers

He's putting together a seriously impressive season, especially when you consider that his 70.29% TOG is only the 413th highest TOG from the 519 players who have played a minimum of 2 games this season

He had to come in this week.
Did you watch him in the 2s? I like Parf but his output there was less than either Clark or Clohesy. His possession numbers don't tell the story. I would have him ahead of Clark and Clohesy for a return only on the assumption that the wet weather would suit him. Dempsey the correct sub

That, and cats_09 stats, is amazing.
Shows that the club is really pacing his minutes during the regular season but he's still playing elite level football.
Could be a massive weapon where we could then unleash him in a big final because he's fresh and rested throughout the previous 23/4/5 weeks.

Atkins Knevitt Bews Simpson
Apart from Atkins we're a bit light on for the interchange. Home ground should make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back