Preview Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the trip up here for the game and heading to Open Training shortly.
Will be interesting to see who makes an appearance. Have seen quite a few Suns players out and about over the past few days so they are well acclimatised.
Will be a very tough game, if we are down by 5 goals or so early it may come down to just minimising damage 😬
They played there last week so sun's will be very acclimatised

No mention of Neale or Conway as part of the injury report

Geelong Cats GMHBA Health Update – Round 10

PlayerInjuryTimeline
Tanner BruhnShoulderTest
Jeremy CameronConcussion1 week
Tom HawkinsManaged1 week
Oli WiltshireThumb1 week
Mitch EdwardsBack1-2 weeks
Patrick DangerfieldHamstring2-4 weeks

You forgot Rhys Stanley (out) - sore feelings.

As per channel 7 footage - Max Holmes, Ollie Henrey (ask the AFL) & Chris Scott were def at the airport to fly to Darwin

Bruhn will definitely play

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
For me the management decision for two who probably could've played (Bruhn/Bowes) pays off if both play well this week and we somehow get a win. It would also highlight their newfound importance to this side.

If however they come back and have little impact or we just get thrashed by 8 goals, it's hard to say it was a win overall outside of "playing the long game".

That might be oversimplifying things into a binary measurement when there are so many other variables. But my point is if both players are at 100% and play very well not only in this game, but in the ones to follow - we surely can't have too much angst about them being conservatively managed the week before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruhn, Neale, Conway, O’Sullivan and Knevitt all just arrived for the training session
You would think they bring 26. Maybe 27 given Bruhn has a test or if they have two ruckman up there.

Assuming only 1 ruck and 26 players….

From last weeks 26 (including emergency) we have 2 out and Conway, COS and Knevitt are all additons. Maybe Stanley hasn’t made the trip (or if he has we go with 27).

So, this might be the full squad in Darwin?

If it is then maybe we are going to manage a defender for COS this week and Knveitt is a back up to Bruhn test?

No Mannagh or Duncan. Tuohy is here
Ok. Thanks

That might (if they aren’t playing games) confirm the meat tray’s of people who had Duncan managed alongside Hawk and Jezza out.

So that is 3 out which means we can put the three emergencies back in from last week (2E, Neale, Bowes) plus Conway for Stanley. If Bruhn passses the test we need one more change - which I suspect will be a midfielder.

COS and Knevitt sound like emergency along with Tanner/Other Mid. If we want COS in we need to manage a KPD?

EDIT: No chance they manage/ommit Parfait given he is playing back in NT for the first time since he was 16! In sir Doug round! So if they do end up managing/ommitting a MF for bruhn then likely to be Clark? Could be Atkins I suppose but…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back