Autopsy Rd 13 Blues double comeback just falls short in a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that, i find these stats interesting and like to see if we make any changes.

Where can i find these stats? Unless you're up for posting this in our autopsy threads each week..
So I have good and bad news for you.

The centre clearance stats are freely available - just opt for advanced stats whilst looking at your game in the AFL's Match Centre. The core data is unfortunately unavailable weekly as I compile that myself and due to time constraints I'm not in a situation where I can analyse every AFL match each week (this season I'm analysing between 12-14 games for each club + finals). I am aware that Champion Data compile their own as otherwise AFL reporters couldn't write an article like the one from 4-6 weeks ago, which listed every person that had been used by a club as an inside mid at bounces and their overall numbers for the season, but if the data is available freely to the public, I've never seen or heard where that might be, if I had I wouldn't have needed to start compiling the data myself.

Here is the schedule for Carlton's remaining analysed games this season:

Rd 15 vs. Fremantle
Rd 17 vs. Sydney
Rd 18 vs. Gold Coast
Rd 20 vs. West Coast
Rd 21 vs. Richmond
Rd 22 vs. St Kilda

NB> Rd 23 Geelong game isn't currently a scheduled analysed game, but it'll also be covered if it ends up being covered by Channel 7.

This is outrageous...

Glad Teague is doing the right thing.

So simple, yet so effective.

Charlie closer to goal, LOB given freedom to run up and down the wing.

We have weapons in our team...bout time we put them to good use and make the opposition worry about us for a change, instead of focusing all our energy on trying to stifle them.

No doubt there's an overstatement of Murphys importance to the team nowadays .
We seemed to do just fine without him in the Brisbane win .
It took an all time game from Cripps, career best games from Walsh, LOB and Ed, coupled with pretty close to career best performances by Weitering, Casboult to beat Brisbane. It's untrue to say 'we seemed to do just fine without him', based on the career best level of performances from a number of players.

Also, post ignores the reality of an AFL team; one player does not get you the win, it is in how the 18 on field collectively go that gets it for you, and the spread of quality across that 18. Does Murphy fit into that best 22? Can you envision a situation this season in which he doesn't without a) a significant downswing in output, or b) a significant upswing on the part of others to compensate for his absence?

It took an all time game from Cripps, career best games from Walsh, LOB and Ed, coupled with pretty close to career best performances by Weitering, Casboult to beat Brisbane. It's untrue to say 'we seemed to do just fine without him', based on the career best level of performances from a number of players.

Also, post ignores the reality of an AFL team; one player does not get you the win, it is in how the 18 on field collectively go that gets it for you, and the spread of quality across that 18. Does Murphy fit into that best 22? Can you envision a situation this season in which he doesn't without a) a significant downswing in output, or b) a significant upswing on the part of others to compensate for his absence?
There has been a significant downswing in Murphys performances for quite sometime .
In days gone by the pros outweighed the cons by a long way but as his kicking consistency has now plummeted to terrible levels the opposite now applies .
And that's not even mentioning his defensive inadequacies which are now embarrassing .
He is now a timid shadow of his best days that avoids body contact like his life depends on it and is solely reliant on team performance to enable him to play to an acceptable level .
Right now id take a 10 possession player capable of applying decent forward pressure over Murphy every time .
Enter Jack Silvagni .

There has been a significant downswing in Murphys performances for quite sometime .
In days gone by the pros outweighed the cons by a long way but as his kicking consistency has now plummeted to terrible levels the opposite now applies .
And that's not even mentioning his defensive inadequacies which are now embarrassing .
He is now a timid shadow of his best days that avoids body contact like his life depends on it and is solely reliant on team performance to enable him to play to an acceptable level .
Right now id take a 10 possession player capable of applying decent forward pressure over Murphy every time .
Enter Jack Silvagni .
Finally someone in this forumn who makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back