Autopsy Rd 2 2018 Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL umpires who adjudicate Swans games are one of 2 Things.

Inept or Cheats.

Never thought I would see the day when People on this Board would become apologists for umpires considering the s**t we have been dealt. What will be next ? We deserved a trade ban for 2 years ????:rolleyes: **** the Umpires, **** the AFL and Oh ! Almost Forgot ! **** The Bulldogs !

I cannot remember a game if football where a team has fumbled or had such poor skill errors as what we did yesterday. It seemed every short pass we executed under zero pressure either bounced before the target or made the recipient dive to take the mark.

If anyone can be bothered watch Towers short pass to a leading franklin in the 2nd quarter. He has a good 2 metres on Dougie but Towers kicks it to the left meaning Franklin has to veer off his line and slow down allowing Dougie to spoil. Should have been an easy mark and 50 metre shot for buddy.

The one thing about supporting sydney that sucks is that when we play well we are nearly impossible to beat, yet when we play bad we really look second rate.

A lack of a quality ruck and second key forward were compelling issues yesterday.

We're actually excellent starters.

2012 Won the first 3 games
2013 Won the first 3 games
2014 Won 1 of the first 3 games
2015 Won the first 3 games
2016 Won the first 3 games
2017 Won 0 of the first 3 games
2018 Won 1 out of the first 2 games

That's 14/20 games we've won.

Don't know where this myth of being poor starters came from.
Review the 10 years before that and you'll find out lol:)

Not content with blaming the players, coaches, umpires and AFL for the loss, now some are blaming the crowd FFS! If they boo, some on here have a go at them, if they don't cheer loudly enough you have a go at them. Just rack off, the lot of you!

Lots of that crowd travels from Penrith (a 7 hour round trip by public transport including 3 hrs game time), Gosford (7hrs), Wollongong (7hrs), Newcastle (9hrs), the Blue Mountains (9hrs). Those coming from the northern beaches are 5 hours.

Unless you are one of these commuters, who go to every home game regardless of the cost in time and effort, to support your team, find something else to whinge about. The crowd do their bit!

the crowd were into it early, but the swans were so uninspiring it took the wind out of their sails. They got up again when the game got close in the last, but then that umpire pulls a 50 out of his ass, they get the momentum back and its game over.
Port matched us in the hardness dept. and hit the scoreboard when they had the upper hand. Our ball movement was slow and predictable all night. Not enough dare. No one taking the game on, except Buddy and maybe Parker & Heeney. McVeigh looks like he's playing one year too many. Reg didn't have a good night. And if Sinclair is our only ruck option we are in trouble. Get games into Cameron asap.

Not content with blaming the players, coaches, umpires and AFL for the loss, now some are blaming the crowd FFS! If they boo, some on here have a go at them, if they don't cheer loudly enough you have a go at them. Just rack off, the lot of you!

Lots of that crowd travels from Penrith (a 7 hour round trip by public transport including 3 hrs game time), Gosford (7hrs), Wollongong (7hrs), Newcastle (9hrs), the Blue Mountains (9hrs). Those coming from the northern beaches are 5 hours.

Unless you are one of these commuters, who go to every home game regardless of the cost in time and effort, to support your team, find something else to whinge about. The crowd do their bit!
It seems a few years of not winning a flag has broken a lot of people on this site. It used to be quite pleasant and i enjoyed posting here a lot. Now it's just a lot of people pot-shotting our players and coaches, because we don't win every game and every player isn't "elite". There are still a few posts worth reading, and being in NZ, it's one of the only ways i have to remain engaged with other fans, so i stick around. But it's no surprise that having exhausted the criticism of players and coaches, some will now move on to having a go at the fans as well.

the crowd were into it early, but the swans were so uninspiring it took the wind out of their sails. They got up again when the game got close in the last, but then that umpire pulls a 50 out of his ass, they get the momentum back and its game over.
Port matched us in the hardness dept. and hit the scoreboard when they had the upper hand. Our ball movement was slow and predictable all night. Not enough dare. No one taking the game on, except Buddy and maybe Parker & Heeney. McVeigh looks like he's playing one year too many. Reg didn't have a good night. And if Sinclair is our only ruck option we are in trouble. Get games into Cameron asap.
My problem is squarely with the cheer squad. Their job is to lead by example, and they were comprehensively out-cheered by the Port supporters. I was at the game, it was a s**t effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched it again

It was in tidy footy to watch that’s for sure

No flow and structure/dare and ball movement was shocking

Dal was right when he said that you match the swans hard ball and normally win

Horse doesn’t and hasn’t changed much which is a shame

Listening to a couple of interviews after the game, I didn't realise how wet it was. That was lost on me.
I thought it was just a dry day but apparently not.
There was plenty of fumbling for sure.

My problem is squarely with the cheer squad. Their job is to lead by example, and they were comprehensively out-cheered by the Port supporters. I was at the game, it was a s**t effort.
So was I, and no it wasn't!

You guys seriously need to not overreact. Your Sydney FFS, you'll be there come September. And we are good, simple as that.

You played majority of other teams the way you played us Saturday and you get 4 points.

I honestly can see a Sydney Port GF - with an intense game like yesterday, but the field is perhaps going to be slightly bigger which i think would help us.

..... SA :p

(I wish I had the time & $ to attend every game... When I win the lotto I will!!)

It seems a few years of not winning a flag has broken a lot of people on this site. It used to be quite pleasant and i enjoyed posting here a lot. Now it's just a lot of people pot-shotting our players and coaches, because we don't win every game and every player isn't "elite". There are still a few posts worth reading, and being in NZ, it's one of the only ways i have to remain engaged with other fans, so i stick around. But it's no surprise that having exhausted the criticism of players and coaches, some will now move on to having a go at the fans as well.
Hi reps! Good to see you around the place!

I reckon you're a good poster so please don't let the negativity bring you down.

Be the change you want to see. If there's enough of us active on here then it'll balance out in the end I reckon.

Over the summer break i sure Dont miss the pages of people spending more time whinging about what others have said than anything else, you can ignore or literally even push ignore and never see what that person said again. Who gives two shits who is too negative or too positive, just give your own opinions ffs

I also realise the irony of this post, but i dont give a f.....

Now lets beat this bullshit upstart pack of pricks in orange and forget this one we pissed away

You guys seriously need to not overreact. Your Sydney FFS, you'll be there come September. And we are good, simple as that.

You played majority of other teams the way you played us Saturday and you get 4 points.

I honestly can see a Sydney Port GF - with an intense game like yesterday, but the field is perhaps going to be slightly bigger which i think would help us.

I beg to differ.

Over the summer break i sure Dont miss the pages of people spending more time whinging about what others have said than anything else, you can ignore or literally even push ignore and never see what that person said again. Who gives two shits who is too negative or too positive, just give your own opinions ffs

I also realise the irony of this post, but i dont give a f.....

Now lets beat this bullshit upstart pack of pricks in orange and forget this one we pissed away

Everybody sees the game different, has different opinions and emotions to there sport. Does it make them disloyal or not as good a supporter to the next bloke or Sheila ? I think not. Some people are easily pleased others are hard markers. If everybody had the same thoughts and emotions and lived their life with free love, peace man and live and let live we would all be bored shitless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back