Game Day Rd 8: GWS vs Geelong, Sat 7 May @ 4:35pm, Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well s**t....

Careful what you wish for.

The cries for youth have been long and loud, and is this the time when we see the corner turn?

It never really happens at one moment, its usually a gradual change, but this is a good one.

Cooper is in. Neale is an emergency.
Narkle is back - good for him. Evans is in too.

More importantly for others, Higgins and Dahl are out.

The injury room is getting full and not with short term ones -so the depth is getting tested.

This game in 2017 revealed some debutants - and this one is too.

Its a winnable game, IMO in the MF we break even with them, we have a shot. Our Forward line is better than theirs, but we have to supply it well and clean and once there, capitalise.

And expect the newbies to make mistakes, but lets see what they bring. Cant wait to see it.

GO Catters

Last edited:
I’m hoping there isn’t another midfield injury we know about, which would see Knevitt come through.

Will be interesting to see what happens today regarding the lineup. Not confident game wise.

I’m hoping there isn’t another midfield injury we know about, which would see Knevitt come through.

Will be interesting to see what happens today regarding the lineup. Not confident game wise.

Yep we wont run out as selected. Im not confident either.

AS Daz says..be careful for what you wish..

Although these type big slab changes are a consequence of being slow on the insertion of kids in the first place. The club has made a couple work for their chance. Its easier to bring an extra kid in when every player is fit and your side is at full strength but as Malcom F once said... Life was not meant to be easy. Often the hour of need pays no heed to readiness or preparation.So Coop is in and Frankie is in ...and who know who else. What is for sure is there will probably be a couple of regulars that are not 100% as well. The side is on proverbial limp mode. The players coming in will know they are not just a bit of a luxury, they are they because the club needs them. Sometimes that can make them feel relevant and more inside the side. We will see. Its a big chance for a couple to show there is a future for them.

Watching Freo last night gave one a little bit of confidence back Freo are in that top of the mountain confidence level, they bring in a kid he kicks a couple and life for a Freo supporter looks good. They look like they ready for a period of success... like a few other sides and West Coast look like it will be Wet Toast for a while.They have never played in a final against each other, it seems to be one is up while the other is down ..and its Freos turn. A small bit of good news for us is we were beaten by a good side last week.

So we have some young players in, and we might have some more.I will be watching and supporting the club and our young players hoping for enough evidence they have some upside. I will not be hoping for some sort of seconding coming or proof positive that we and they are devoid of talent. If they do a couple of nice things then this game will be a win for me. The result is relevant but not the most important thing.

In the end we have enough talent in the side to win. The "Ins" make this game worth watching. Im channelling Big Kev. GoCats.

Well s**t....

Careful what you wish for.

The cries for youth have been long and loud, and is this the time when we see the corner turn?

It never really happens at one moment, its usually a gradual change, but this is a good one.

Cooper is in. Neale is an emergency.
Narkle is back - good for him. Evans is in too.

More importantly for others, Higgins and Dahl are out.

The injury room is getting full and not with short term ones -so the depth is getting tested.

This game in 2017 revealed some debutants - and this one is too.

Its a winnable game, IMO in the MF we break even with them, we have a shot. Our Forward line is better than theirs, but we have to supply it well and clean and once there, capitalise.

And expect the newbies to make mistakes, but lets see what they bring. Cant wait to see it.

GO Caters
Neale?

Don't even care about the result. Just want to see more youth in the team and passing the baton on from the current group that almost got there but never did.
This is the right path forward.

Looking at the teams, particularly the midfield battle, I'm surprised we are favourites.

We are not winning the flag this year so it is the right team to go with and the right kids to play. It is hard to throw the really raw players like Dempsey in for a big block of games but the guys that have been on the list for a few years now like Stephens and Evans need a dozen games this year to sink or swim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think 11-4. Well maybe 10-5.
2 North Games, a West Coast game, a Crows game and 2 Dogs games in that run.
No chance. More likely to be 4-11

Not sure I'd be blaming Taylor too much.
Our team is old as Joe Biden. What did we expect.
Plus he's an ex footy player. Not a professional fitness guy. Learning on the job.
Mate we've got 3 recent draftees we haven't seen at any level yet plus another who has played 2 games.

No chance. More likely to be 4-11

Nah we wont be that. But say 8-7 is likely and it makes it hard to make finals that said our draw gets easier at the back end of the year.

We just need to scrape the wins we can between now and our bye, by then we will have most of the injured guys back plus a mature player in the MSD and we should hopefully win a few on the trot from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back