Autopsy Rd 9 - If only games went for 1 quarter aka Still the Hawks bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad... just so bad... i couldnt watch the last qtr. Worst game of the year.. for us.. positives.... i still love pittont and kennedy looks good. Mckay is a weapon. Betts better play next year... i like newnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a mini rebuild coming up next year. A lot of the old blokes need to retire. Murphy looking more and more like a shadow of himself. Simpson, while a warrior, is no doubt in his last season. Betts... who knows? Curnow wont be far behind them.

That means we need to find 2 a-grade midfielders and an a-grade small forward just to get back to where we are now. The chances of us taking a leap forward next year have to be slim. Unless we can land a few ready made players at the trade table this year, we have a some pain coming up.

Atrocious. I reckon that's nearly the worst performance in many years, given the context of being 5 goals up.

TDK has to come in for Moore. Fisher likely in and hopefully JSOS.

Hopefully Teague has balls the same size as Rhyce Shaw and is brave enough to make the big selection calls.

The more experienced team at the end won

No ... not quite , the more experienced coach ... look what Sir Al did after quarter time, look at the match ups.

Here’s the galling thing though. We aren’t a young team. “Just need more experience” or similar is not an excuse. We should be better NOW, but we really aren’t. Our lack of composure and football smarts is a club wide cancer that has infected everyone, first to last on list. We have a list that can - and expects to - lose from anywhere.

I wonder just how much work has to be done to fix this. It’s not new. Most of the highest scoring quarters of the year are against us. The biggest comebacks are against us. We are head and shoulders above the rest of the AFL is shitting the bed and giving away momentum.

How do you fix that? A start might be to pension off Murphy, Simmo and the other shell shocked buggers who’ve lost more games than I’ve had hot dinners (expect to lose).... but how do you find the swagger and spirit in the rest to think we can win? How do you get players to really believe we WILL win!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back