Autopsy Rd 9 - If only games went for 1 quarter aka Still the Hawks bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

For those wanting to sink the boots in, just remember this is the same team you spoke glowingly about last week, and the week before, and the week before...get your cool and try to take a deep breath before you hit ‘send’
Who spoke glowingly about them last week? We played one quarter last week and hung on against the second worst team in the comp....

Good lord, I know you are all hurting, but * me, you all stuck with us 20 years .... a couple more games couldn't hurt yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever gets dropped from this match will really be the scapegoat(s). There's no one individual to blame for that performance, there was just a general lack of composure demonstrated by the whole team. Everyone was fumbling, everyone was making bad decisions, everyone was missing targets, everyone was positioned poorly.

A couple of people will obviously get the chop but generally you have to back people to redeem themselves next week. We've shown that we're capable of much better than that.

Doc needs a break. 2 years off and shorter quarters, he’ll come good. Cripps and Martin were the leaders who kept trying to step up, 2 people is not enough.

SPS is one of my favourite players but he needs to be so much more aggressive. He hopes for space and luck in the contest but should be worrying on getting the ball, making it messy and doing some damage.

Christ, take a breath folks. It’s a bitterly disappointing performance. Bitterly. But It’s a peformance by an inconsistent side. I.e. 9th-13th. Don’t get ahead of yourself. We have a long way to go. We’ll get there. We are where we’re supposed to be.
I agree in part with you but... there is something not right in the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back