Unofficial Preview Rd1 Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:25pm Thursday 19th March Flag Unfurling²

Remove this Banner Ad

we are very very scared according to some carlspoon cult followers on the mb... very scared

We are scared...well, more worried I suppose.

Seating will be tight and there is a good chance some people wont get to see the flag unfurled live!

Sounds like good reason to be nervous.

Dear Carlton Fans,

I have been a Richmond supporter ever since I knew what footy was for 30+ years now. We have been through some awful times as a club, some pretty dark days, but have enjoyed some great recent success. Our clubs have been involved in plenty of banter and you too, have enjoyed some success in those years.
We have shared in mutual grief as the likes of Collingwood and Essendon have had their time in the sun.

For quite a while now the fortunes of our respective clubs have been on quite different ends of the spectrum. Whilst we have won 2 out of the last 3 flags you guys have continued to find yourselves on the bottom of the ladder in strong yearly spoon contention.

The competition needs a strong Carlton! Recently, I have been disgusted by Richmond fans, who have flaunted our success in your face in the off season and laughed about the ongoing issues you have with sacking coaches, sacking club champions and losing all positive momentum leading into the upcoming season.

We NEED you guys to put in a strong preseason and have hope for the upcoming year, particularly Round 1!!

Because when we unfurl the premiership flag Round 1 2020, we want to be the ones who shatter your hope, destroy your season and send you on your way to another spoon you Bitter Blue-Nose Bastards!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Carlton Fans,

I have been a Richmond supporter ever since I knew what footy was for 30+ years now. We have been through some awful times as a club, some pretty dark days, but have enjoyed some great recent success. Our clubs have been involved in plenty of banter and you too, have enjoyed some success in those years.
We have shared in mutual grief as the likes of Collingwood and Essendon have had their time in the sun.

For quite a while now the fortunes of our respective clubs have been on quite different ends of the spectrum. Whilst we have won 2 out of the last 3 flags you guys have continued to find yourselves on the bottom of the ladder in strong yearly spoon contention.

The competition needs a strong Carlton! Recently, I have been disgusted by Richmond fans, who have flaunted our success in your face in the off season and laughed about the ongoing issues you have with sacking coaches, sacking club champions and losing all positive momentum leading into the upcoming season.

We NEED you guys to put in a strong preseason and have hope for the upcoming year, particularly Round 1!!

Because when we unfurl the premiership flag Round 1 2020, we want to be the ones who shatter your hope, destroy your season and send you on your way to another spoon you Bitter Blue-Nose Bastards!!
this disgraceful post displays the type of arrogance that has other teams supporters loathing Richmond. Isn't it great! keep up the good work.

Should win by 15 goals in second gear.
Nah we will pull the handbrake halfway through the 2nd qtr like last year and then the carlton flogs and media clowns will declare carltoon took it up to us and that makes them the round 1 moral winners.

Meanwhile all us tiger fans are going " regulation win but * i hate thursday night football " and all the carltoon flogs are going " i reckon we will beat them next time, we have their measure, they cant handle us, we beat them for the rest of the game after we were 40 points down "

I must say the arrogance displayed here towards Carltonians is quite a rum deal.

One is reminded of the apocryphal story of three footy fans in a pub discussing a question written on the back of a beer coaster, namely 'Who or what is Owen Fore?'

The Richmond man says 'It sounds like a Welsh golfer.'

The Collingwood man says 'It sounds like a loan shark I know, only socially of course!'

The Carlton man understands best, however. 'It's a promising start to a season.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back