List Mgmt. Weak Flog Jake Lever Requests Trade to Melbourne, Causes Player Revolt

Where will Jake Lever end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry that he just isn't strong enough mentally to bounce back at a second club. Didn't meet standards early season at Melbourne after having a career season in 2016. He should have been champing at the bit in 2017. Definitely talented but not committed enough in my opinion.

If we trust our system, then he'd definitely be worth pursuing. Undoubted talent, just inconsistent and seems distracted. Has never experienced any other football environment bar Melbourne which until recently would not have set him up well.

If we trust our system, then he'd definitely be worth pursuing. Undoubted talent, just inconsistent and seems distracted. Has never experienced any other football environment bar Melbourne which until recently would not have set him up well.
Reckon Don Pyke might just be the type of coach he needs too, cool, calm and collected.

This guy did say yesterday that Hinkley was going to GC so not sure how reliable he is. Doesn't seem like a knob like the tradewhisperer though, especially since he's bagged Cornes and Rucci.

So in effect we lose Lever for 10 & 18 and Cameron for 27 & 41.

Thoughts?

He also said Crows were going cold on Gibbs as Carlton still want 2 firsts.
Why do we need so many draft picks? With Keath and Greenwood to be promoted and Edwards we don't need half those picks. We can upgrade the two rookies with picks in the 1000's if we want!

Kane fapping over Lever going on his crappy radio show and discussing what Lever is worth. Heads up Kane, he's worth more than you floghead.

Lever 99.99% gone hence why Crows have enquired about Petracca etc. Expect Kane has his d*** out under the desk in full fap mode while talking about Lever going.

They most certainly were.

What do you think of Viney, Petracca, Gawn, Oliver, Hogan, Hunt, Salem, Brayshaw, etc ?

Not interested ?

No worries...
Hogan has under delivered. Frankly, so has Petracca and Salem so far.

Were Hunt and Gawn first rounders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lever 99.99% gone hence why Crows have enquired about Petracca etc. Expect Kane has his d*** out under the desk in full fap mode while talking about Lever going.
Now... did the Club make a statement saying they had enquires about Petracca?? No? Then take it with a grain of salt. Club has far more important things to deal with at the moment.

Noted.

If we can't develop first rounders we won't have a hope in hell in developing later picks like Hunt and Gawn, hence their (obvious) inclusion.

Your club should just give up on first-rounders and give them to us for a proven player. 2017+2018 first for Lever. Lets face it, you would probably just waste them anyway. We are doing you a favour.

Look, maybe I didn't make my point as clearly as I meant to.

It's not just about the dollar figure. The point is, clubs try to convince players to nominate them as their sole club of choice. Once you have a player nominate a single club as a destination, then that club has the upper hand over the player's old club in any trade negotiations.

Obviously there are several factors which go into this. Potential of success is one, family is another, lifestyle is another, opportunity is another, and obviously money. Once a player has decided "wow, that offer is too good to refuse, I want to go there and only there", their old club has very limited options for trade.

The point is, just because a club offers big money for a player, that doesn't mean we should expect them to offer a big draft pick as well. There is no reason for the two to go hand in hand, and I would suggest that most of the time it's the opposite. Big money helps to convince a player to shut down other options and leave their old club without leverage.

I can understand part of what you are saying but I cant accept that if a club values a player so highly (this is usually demonstrated by how much you pay him) that it shouldnt reflect in what the players trade value is. If they are offering $400k then that creates an expectation. If they offer the guy $850k than that would raise our expectation. So I cant accept that the amount a club is prepared to offer a player doesnt translate into what the other club wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back