re-signing players

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't heard anything, but I'd be very surprised if Port didn't re-sign him.

Not a player, but an important member of our staff - I saw this on the www.footygoss.com site:

"There is speculation in South Australia that Richmond may be head hunting a Port Power official.

Port Power recruiting manager Alan Stewart who is out of contract is believed to have attracted the interest of Richmond who are pursuing the Port official."

(the site is not a SA one if you couldn't tell!)

What do people think of Alan's efforts since the AFL list was assembled? Would it be a top priority for the club to retain him, or could we do better?

Originally posted by lozstar
I have heard a little rumour that Darryl Wakelin is out on contract... if he is, I haven't heard anything about Port re-signing him up.

Is Port going to keep him, does anyone know?

He's our no.1 defender. Why wouldnt we keep him?

Originally posted by lozstar
I have heard a little rumour that Darryl Wakelin is out on contract... ...
Is Port going to keep him, does anyone know?
Yhit Seah!!

I don't know that any other available recruiter has done any better than Alan, and there's sure no replacement in the wings.

Alan Stewart has been on of the keys to ports success. He has consistantly drafted talented players and gotten the most out of whatever picks we have had.

I would hate to loose him.

SKC

Originally posted by Grave Danger
Port Power recruiting manager Alan Stewart who is out of contract is believed to have attracted the interest of Richmond who are pursuing the Port official."

(the site is not a SA one if you couldn't tell!)

What do people think of Alan's efforts since the AFL list was assembled? Would it be a top priority for the club to retain him, or could we do better?

Alan and his recruiting team have been one of the real success stories of our club since it started in the AFL.

He loves the type of work he does in judging/recruiting players for the club and given his upbringing in coaching at league as well as junior state and development squads knows what to look for in a player.

I'm sure he would have attracted the 'interest' of a number of clubs but I'm also sure the club will do it's utmost to keep Alan at the club and as usual keep the discussions out of the media.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back