Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

I quoted earlier in the preseason how good he looked. However I didn't think he would be playing with the big boys.
Same number and moves just as silkily as MJ , ***** I hope plays well.

I am backing him in for big things. He is going to be one of the big stories in the next few years. And that will be in a team full of big stories.

Good Friday at Optus, we put a stake in the 2024 Adelaide crows campaign.
Going 3-0 and leaving them 0-3 would be massive.

There away record under Nicks is atrocious. 7 from 33

Not counting Covid affected games.

Wins have been
North at Docklands
North in Hobart
West Coast in Perth x 2
St Kilda in Cairns
Bulldogs in Ballarat
Hawthorn in Launceston

Half of those wins are at Neutral grounds and against Bottom 3 sides of the past 4 sides Hawks, West Coast and North.

Have any one thought which club fans other than freo like freo other than their club? When ever we are playing well against an opposition during the game I used to search in other 16 clubs forum in their non club thread what each club say about us.Half of the clubs zero comments usually. Then some 4 clubs some limited comments.I felt Port Adelaide by far is the one I thought during our game a lot of supporters regularly comments positively.Then comes geelong and melbourne but some negative comments also come from them as well. I may change my second team from Goldcoast to Port even though Kane Cornes remarks prevented me previously

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have any one thought which club fans other than freo like freo other than their club? When ever we are playing well against an opposition during the game I used to search in other 16 clubs forum in their non club thread what each club say about us.Half of the clubs zero comments usually. Then some 4 clubs some limited comments.I felt Port Adelaide by far is the one I thought during our game a lot of supporters regularly comments positively.Then comes geelong and melbourne but some negative comments also come from them as well. I may change my second team from Goldcoast to Port even though Kane Cornes remarks prevented me previously

Not this year while we hold their 1st round pick, maybe next year

Port fans know what it's like to be the little brother to the media in a two-team town.
Most Melbourne and North fans I've met seem ok too, having experienced lots of failure recently (demons a little longer ago) so enjoy banter about it. Richmond too.
Weirdly, most Carlton/Essendon fans I've met still act like they're giants and Freo is a nothing club. Despite achieving less then us for the most part of 15 years.

Port fans know what it's like to be the little brother to the media in a two-team town.
Most Melbourne and North fans I've met seem ok too, having experienced lots of failure recently (demons a little longer ago) so enjoy banter about it. Richmond too.
Weirdly, most Carlton/Essendon fans I've met still act like they're giants and Freo is a nothing club. Despite achieving less then us for the most part of 15 years.

Despite achieving less than us for over 20 years.

Only need to play 1/2 or 3/4 of a game to get our wins atm. What a team

It isn't perfect yet, but we a building something here. We are watching the start of some all great careers, learning, growing, becoming something.

Treacy is a presence.
Jackson is already great and will improve.
Amiss.. class and yet we kicked 100+ without him getting a bag.

Banfield has become a steady reliable player and at 26 should be good for years yet.

Fyfe was a dominant force today. He and Jackson dragged us back into the game.

Brayshaw and Serong will themselves into contests.

Clark - his run and kicking... what a weapon. He should win at least one AA in the next few years.

Oh MY! The Decade of Dominance is in its infancy... enjoy it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to think this side could have as much A grade talent as 2013-2015.
Banners is a fringe player, but he is the sort of player who bobs up in big games and kicks a couple, or has an enormous 1%er
Fringe players back in that era don't have nearly the arsenal of a Banfield.
He was enormous today in that fightback, he was up there with Jackson, Brayshaw, Fyfe etc
Definite leader material now

I'm starting to think this side could have as much A grade talent as 2013-2015.
Banners is a fringe player, but he is the sort of player who bobs up in big games and kicks a couple, or has an enormous 1%er
Fringe players back in that era don't have nearly the arsenal of a Banfield.
He was enormous today in that fightback, he was up there with Jackson, Brayshaw, Fyfe etc
Definite leader material now

I agree on Banfield as he kicks goals and has limited mistakes. Super reliable player. And I have wanted him gone from the team many times over the last few seasons.

We have never had a player like Jackson. And while the spine had more defensively in 2013-2015, they didn't have as much up front or on the flanks.

If Johnson can continue to grow in the contest like he did today, our midfield looks at least close to what we had then. Prime Fyfe, Mundy and Hill with Barlow and Crowley was one hell of a contested midfield.

We probably go deeper now and will as Johnson comes on. I also think Simpson will add something special to the team when he gets a look.

Add to that our end of year first rounders and there is a lot to love.

We need to plan for a Sonny replacement asap. I am not sure if he can play much past this season.

It isn't perfect yet, but we a building something here. We are watching the start of some all great careers, learning, growing, becoming something.

Treacy is a presence.
Jackson is already great and will improve.
Amiss.. class and yet we kicked 100+ without him getting a bag.

Banfield has become a steady reliable player and at 26 should be good for years yet.

Fyfe was a dominant force today. He and Jackson dragged us back into the game.

Brayshaw and Serong will themselves into contests.

Clark - his run and kicking... what a weapon. He should win at least one AA in the next few years.

Oh MY! The Decade of Dominance is in its infancy... enjoy it!
The lid is off. The DOCKADE has begun!

I tell you what, if we ever learn to play 4 quarters, we'll be amazing.

Also, we're never going to think we're out of games when < 40 points down because of how many times we've come back from significant margins.

Another position we have not been in before. And there is still so much scope for improvement in us.

There's a lot of issues that still need to be addressed but there is plenty to like about the team that we are building, our core is set for the next 10 years on every line, our borderline best 23 players are contributing and getting involved, we seem to be moving a lot faster when he get control of the ball too which has been a long time coming, it's nice to be able to watch Fremantle become a genuinely entertaining team to watch.

Keep this form up minus the awful starts and we're right in the finals race this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back