Opinion Reckon we could / would change our name for Sir Doug Nicholls Round in future years?

Thoughts on changing our club name for Sir Doug Nicholls Round in future years?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was pretty common knowledge these days...not sure sure about decades but the last decade at least.

Our total budget is around $600 billion. $30 billion (5%) going to a disadvantaged group (around 3%) seems unders to me.

Our total budget is around $600 billion. $30 billion (5%) going to a disadvantaged group (around 3%) seems unders to me.

They also get the benefits of the 600 billion.

Disadvantage would depend on the individual and location. Equity is a thing now days.

More money is not required funnelling it into the right areas and hands is.

Last edited:

They also get the benefits of the 600 billion.

Disadvantage would depend on the individual and location. Equity is a thing now days.

More money is not required funnelling it into the right arras and hands is.
Did you read the report you quoted? The $30 billion includes all spending. It includes, for example, $12 billion on education and health care.

Did you read the report you quoted? The $30 billion includes all spending. It includes, for example, $12 billion on education and health care.

Yes and? Not sure your point here?

They are indigenous only programs good use of the money I'd thought.

But guess what the contract to build said building, is not always given to a indigenous company. Instead given to outsourced rich builders who have long standing relationships with local councils.
So funding gets put under the banner but didn't help the indigenous contractors trying to build his buisness up.

Some of that funding goes to places where they have access to those things like cities, but then a remote community like say Menindee or Wilcannia may lack in those areas and recieve sweet fa.

Get it?

Yes and? Not sure your point here?

They are indigenous only programs good use of the money I'd thought.

But guess what the contract to build said building, is not always given to a indigenous company. Instead given to outsourced rich builders who have long standing relationships with local councils.
So funding gets put under the banner but didn't help the indigenous contractors trying to build his buisness up.

Some of that funding goes to places where they have access to those things like cities, but then a remote community like say Menindee or Wilcannia may lack in those areas.

Get it?
My point is simply that I don’t think $30 billion is too wide of the mark based on population and need.

Maybe just try to be a better person. Then the 'virtue signalling' won't impact your fragile little world so much
Strange response. Is it that difficult to reconcile there are people who prefer actions that make a difference?

I was tempted to say this is a new low from you, but it really isn't. It's just a continuation of you being a shithouse human being

Just another representation of the sad sack human you are. Please tell everyone where the bad man hurt you. You can point if it’s way too traumatic for you to actually explain yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you support changing all our cities and suburbs to their indigenous names?
I have enough trouble with world cities that have changed their name - Peking, Rangoon, Bombay, Madras and Canton. Changing all streets and suburbs in Australia would be stripping us of our language. Imagine the cost involved in changing street signs, sat navs and Melways if it still exists, with the replacement names unpronounceable to the average punter.

Tipping these wonderful “thoughts” of his don’t see the light of day outside the anonymity of the internet.

Shithouse and pissweak.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The keyboard accountant that you are Dennis. Stick to keeping your laundromat running properly.

But for a limp f$&@k like you I’d gladly make an exception.

The biggest thing that gets shown here is the hypocrites that continually come out like back up dancers and try to stifle every discussion.

Make no mistake. They can’t handle discussions and they sure as hell can’t handle losing the argument. So we have what we have.

The Warrior Brigade coming out in force.

Do you not understand that equal laws, even if applied equally, don't remove a forced cycle of disadvantage and trauma that needs to be overcome?

These laws haven’t just been legislated in 2023. The monies haven’t just been spent in 2023. The the programs haven’t just been established in 2023.

Don’t cherry pick my posts. Read them all and understand where my discussion was at. Unlike most here. I’ve been seeing what’s been happening for over 3 decades of mismanagement. And it continues well into 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These laws haven’t just been legislated in 2023. The monies haven’t just been spent in 2023. The the programs haven’t just been established in 2023.

Don’t cherry pick my posts. Read them all and understand where my discussion was at. Unlike most here. I’ve been seeing what’s been happening for over 3 decades of mismanagement. And it continues well into 2023.

I'm not cherry picking your posts. All your posts in this thread suggest that an inter-generational cycle of disadvantage and trauma can be easily broken. And you're looking for reasons why it hasn't been broken yet, as opposed to acknowledging that the cycle exists and will probably take generations of assistance and really hard work by all concerned to re-balance the disadvantage that has been imposed on indigenous Australians.

The keyboard accountant that you are Dennis. Stick to keeping your laundromat running properly.

But for a limp f$&@k like you I’d gladly make an exception.

The biggest thing that gets shown here is the hypocrites that continually come out like back up dancers and try to stifle every discussion.

Make no mistake. They can’t handle discussions and they sure as hell can’t handle losing the argument. So we have what we have.

The Warrior Brigade coming out in force.

Don’t worry little Ronnie, I’m sure your self-funded fluffer will be along any minute.

Your very own “back up dancer” - whatever the hell that is.

He’ll give you a little tickle and get you firing again old boy.

Lot of anger against indigenous people, there's worse elements in our society taking bigger pieces of everyone's pie. Hope you have a bit of anger left for Australia's enemies, you're wasting it on fellow citizens. A filthy dog like Putin or Xi would love to to see Aussies squabbling with each other.

Lot of loose figures being chucked around too.

Strange response. Is it that difficult to reconcile there are people who prefer actions that make a difference?
Lol, if you're coming to the defence of him then you're probably similar in wanting those uppity Indigenous people to know their place. Good to know.

Just another representation of the sad sack human you are. Please tell everyone where the bad man hurt you. You can point if it’s way too traumatic for you to actually explain yourself.

Did I touch a nerve, racist?

I'll let the happy, fully functioning indigenous people I know that they are really broken and victimised because mollythedolly said so.

And I'll let the broken indigenous people I know that they aren't broken, that they're alright because loki said so. Shame I couldn't pass on that little pearl of wisdom to my 36 year old indigenous niece who died of a heart attack. I'm sure it would have been a difference maker for her.

No thanks, the club is Collingwood. It's annoying switching on the radio and hearing names like Walyalup and Yartapuulti and not knowing who is playing.

Given the topics being discussed I recommend a read of Sir Doug Nicholls’ biography at Australian Dictionary of Biography.
adb.anu.edu.au
It’s astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back