Regrettable Things You've Said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of got dared to say this; in year 7 told a slightly obese girl who was laughing with her friends to "shut up ya fat mole" loud enough for the whole class to hear. She did be quiet and I never really spoke to her again out of fear.

Good story - would read again

Undoubtedly my worst one would be, when I was about 13, a bloke at school was just being a tool. A colossal tool. At some point after growing tired of annoying others, he decided he'd have a few shots at me. At first I ignored it, but he kept at it.

Now, the thing was, he'd been off school for about six weeks with Chronic Fatigue.

So what did I say? "Listen, x, just **** off back to bed".

Not my finest moment. You could have heard a pin drop in the room. He was being a twerp so perhaps he was asking for it, but what I said was pretty below the belt. We're fine if we see each other now, but understandably he was pretty hurt.

Still though, if he was being genuinely annoying then he should expect a cutting comment. Could have been a little less piercing though ;), could have said "geez I'm so tired of your s**t you are giving me chronic fatigue"

s**t this thread was funny around page 9-10.

Anyway, ITT is a lot of people who have got fed up with a tosser and said something they regretted. I kind of feel there's no need to try hurt someone, I wouldn't feel bad if someone is being a dick and you then just lose it.

Feels worse when you're texting someone and you're taking the piss out of someone else and you accidentally send it to that person. My old phone used to have a "cancel" button when it was sending a text but iPhones don't unfortunately

Pfft. Chronic fatigue ;)

Is a serious and real condition. I have a mate who is a tradie and one of the hardest working people I know. Developed chronic fatigue s couple of years ago. Now can't get out of bed most days despite his desperately wanting to.

Last edited:
I once asked someone on crutches what was wrong with her leg and what she did to hurt it without realizing she had a prosthetic foot. That was pretty bad.

s**t this thread was funny around page 9-10.

Anyway, ITT is a lot of people who have got fed up with a tosser and said something they regretted. I kind of feel there's no need to try hurt someone, I wouldn't feel bad if someone is being a dick and you then just lose it.
Bingo. There was certainly no tangible 'intent' from me in that situation, as it was so spur of the moment- the words flew out of my mouth before I could even think, really. And I immediately regretted them.

These 2 stories probably belong in the subtly racist thread but i will tell them here. One time i was shopping with a dark skinned Zimbabwean girl who had a thick short afro who just moved into my apartment to share, and we were in the shampoo isle, and she was looking at the shampoo when i said without thinking "i didnt know you washed your hair"... All i can remember is her staring at me with a What You Talking About Willis expression on her face and her saying "that is the most racist thing anyone has said to me". I went red and silent and drove home thinking oh god i have to live in the same house as this girl .. but it ended up being cool after a bad start.
And the new receptionist at work is dark skinned but she has really really white teeth, a couple of weeks ago the electricity went out at work , so i said "Deb could you come in the room and smile please we need some light" as a joke.. It wasn't taken as a joke!! oops!! anyway we smoothed it out and she had a laugh about it the next day.

I am too embarrassed to even type any of the s**t I wish I had never said over the past 46 years.

FWIW, does anyone think of these types of comments or other inappropriate behaviour and feel ill? If I think back too hard I just find myself shaking my head thinking 'GAGF Gaso, you did that...' :(

I am too embarrassed to even type any of the s**t I wish I had never said over the past 46 years.

FWIW, does anyone think of these types of comments or other inappropriate behaviour and feel ill? If I think back too hard I just find myself shaking my head thinking 'GAGF Gaso, you did that...' :(

Think of this as a freeing of your mind and a cathartic experience.

Some of your clangers may be similar to some of the ones mentioned here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a new teacher with a lisp
She was a lovely person
Anyway I pretended I had lisp and other kids in the class joined in the gag and were teasing me for being a "*******" and I'd dob on them: "Mthth ....... Thoth Kidth are teathing me for being a thpathtic".
I was pretty good and kept a straight/offended demeanour whilst they were all in fits of laughter.
She's defend me and tell them off and provided me with moral support, obvious understanding of my predicament and the bullying I was a victim of
To this day over 30 years later I still remember thr hurt look in her eyes when she found out I was having her on when I inadvertently stopped lisping by mistake. And such a nice person she was too.

* I was an a-hole of a kid.

Guy I work with, Simon is his name. He was telling me during high school a blokes dad was killed in a motorbike accident, and he used to go up behind him and go. "Brumm Brumm Brumm".
I asked him how do you sleep and he replied "not very well"

Did lol, I'm a horrible person.

I am a teacher and have just started a contract at a new school this term.

Had an extra today (PE) and without a role needed to write down all the students names.

Short kid rocks up, didn't take much notice.

"Whats your name giant?"

Kid was a dwarf. Kid ran off crying.

:$:$:$:$:$

My aunt was a teacher and had a similar story.

Starting at a new school, she knew the kids always try to push the New Teacher to see what they can get away with. So she was determined to act "tough" on the first morning...

"Okay! Everyone! Get your books out and open! Sit up straight! All eyes looking at me!".....(singles out this kid)....."Hey you! Why aren't you looking at me?! Are you cross-eyed or something?!"

When the kid started crying, she knew she'd bollocksed that one big time......

Had a new teacher with a lisp
She was a lovely person
Anyway I pretended I had lisp and other kids in the class joined in the gag and were teasing me for being a "*******" and I'd dob on them: "Mthth ....... Thoth Kidth are teathing me for being a thpathtic".
I was pretty good and kept a straight/offended demeanour whilst they were all in fits of laughter.
She's defend me and tell them off and provided me with moral support, obvious understanding of my predicament and the bullying I was a victim of
To this day over 30 years later I still remember thr hurt look in her eyes when she found out I was having her on when I inadvertently stopped lisping by mistake. And such a nice person she was too.

**** I was an a-hole of a kid.

Disappointing nice people is the worst....or when an authority figure thinks you are a great kid, and you do something dumb and that look of disappointment sweeps over their face and you can see them thinking 'just like the others.'

EDIT- does anyone remember that Ep in the Wonder Years when Kevin cheats and the teacher dies?

Last edited:
I have one.. I felt like crap as soon as I said it.
My mate Adam come over. His missus Stacey committed suicide 2 weeks earlier. It was good he come round. A few of us were having beers and chatting. The topic come up about footy plays with girls names. Without thinking I said " Stacey jones!!" He looked at me and made a fake laugh and I tried to change the subject. Felt awful for ages

My aunt was a teacher and had a similar story.

Starting at a new school, she knew the kids always try to push the New Teacher to see what they can get away with. So she was determined to act "tough" on the first morning...

"Okay! Everyone! Get your books out and open! Sit up straight! All eyes looking at me!".....(singles out this kid)....."Hey you! Why aren't you looking at me?! Are you cross-eyed or something?!"

When the kid started crying, she knew she'd bollocksed that one big time......
tumblr_mvkl27QNEe1smmu79o1_500.png

Was having a verbal argument with one of those campaigner ADHD kids. Said kid's dad had died a few years prior. Argument started getting pretty heated and I come out with "Get a dad" and just walked away. Stupid thing to say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back