Things you are finding hard to obtain in this covid world.

Remove this Banner Ad

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
It should be pretty obvious that lots of items are getting pretty hard to find these days with supply of all sorts of goods from China slowing to a drip. But its not just China. What are you having trouble getting your hands on at the moment. Here are some examples that I have come across recently from myself and friends.

Toyota LandCruiser- 18 month wait
Plantation Shutters for the home- 12 week wait already, no end in sight
Inground Pool- Deposit down now- Begin construction feb 23
Went to buy a new Clothes Iron , place had one model and only 3 left
Had a lot of trouble obtaining batteries for items ( eg cr2032 style)
Furniture 6-9 month waits

How bad is this getting and what examples are you finding in your life at the moment?

We've had a lot of issues with pet food.
I know a lot of people that have had problems getting meds, like they've forced come off antidepressants because the Pharmacy couldn't get their refills in time, very not good

We've had a lot of issues with pet food.
I know a lot of people that have had problems getting meds, like they've forced come off antidepressants because the Pharmacy couldn't get their refills in time, very not good

I had issues getting anti-inflammation meds for my knee for a while. Got lucky and a local pharmacy could fill my script and then told me it was looking to be a 3 month wait, this was back in January.
Got a phone call today saying its back in stock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Customer service from big corporations has become terrible and I think the changes due to Covid restrictions are at least partly to blame. With customer facing staff working from home rather than in call centres, companies shifted to messaging apps. It's much easier to set up a secure app than a secure home phone service. Now the restrictions have eased staff are able to go back to the office - but the companies have shut down office space as it saves them a ton of rent. And many employees are not keen to return to the office. The corporations either make it impossible for you to talk to their reps by phone - or make it very difficult.

The messaging apps are very poor customer experience compared to talking a real person. You get several automated messages so you wonder if you are talking to a robot. It can be very frustrating so I could understand if customers vent their anger and are more likely to lash out towards what they think is an anonymous robo-person. I can't imagine the real people behind the messaging apps get much satisfaction from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back