Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it didn't make no money or wasn't entirely funded by a tax exempt AFL, the GC would make more sense if it was just some sort of laundering vehicle, tax avoidance scheme or cash spigot for private equity goons.

Because absent financial chicanery or outright criminality I don't understand how hundreds of millions of dollars gets you that.

It's ok, Gold Coast just made up for losing Greenwood by picking up Levi Casboult, even though he's refusing to get vaccinated until the Novavax is available.

FMD what a rabble

I don't understand the reasoning behind dumping Greenwood to the rookie list but still pay him the same?

It gets worse - they weren't even putting him on the rookie list, just re-drafting through the ND.

The reason is they have limited list spots, and MUST take 3 live picks in the draft - so they had to shuffle 3 players (unfortunately one of them was a decent player who got a better offer elsewhere!).

It gets worse - they weren't even putting him on the rookie list, just re-drafting through the ND.

The reason is they have limited list spots, and MUST take 3 live picks in the draft - so they had to shuffle 3 players (unfortunately one of them was a decent player who got a better offer elsewhere!).

Ah so after their first round pick they use their 4th /5th rounders to pick them back up?

LOL i wouldn't be surprised if Carlton now pick up Thompson too!

Shambolic stuff. Must feel great being a GC player or draftee knowing these dumb campaigners are at the helm. One step forward, six jumps back

The problem gold coast faced was two fold.

One, they assumed like most clubs that list sizes would go back up by two.

Secondly they thought their nga preselections counted towards their 3 minimum draft selections. So had only planned on taking the one live pick.

They should have delisted someone other than Greenwood but they were forced into this situation by the AFL with conflicting information given throughout the year.

The problem gold coast faced was two fold.

One, they assumed like most clubs that list sizes would go back up by two.

Secondly they thought their nga preselections counted towards their 3 minimum draft selections. So had only planned on taking the one live pick.

They should have delisted someone other than Greenwood but they were forced into this situation by the AFL with conflicting information given throughout the year.
Great point. The AFL still hasn't finalised the salary cap or list sizes for 2022. If you're calling GC a shambles, than surely league HQ is even worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the AFL havent done well by Gold Coast. GC are just the AFL's playing arm...and its about as competent as the rest of the body.
Shipping them off for the China game by selling one of their home games in a developing market knowing at this point in time they are going to get whopped by Port over there. What a way to sell the game to another new market.

They're still sponsoring us too. He can have a competition with Walker to see who can bankrupt them first.

That doesn't sit right with me (kinda like all of their food does in my stomach) - Slutty Jacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back