Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Reckon Bombers will jag the winner after Swans throwing it away.
Not quite. Swan's got a bloody good run from the umpires there. Main board would have erupted if that was us at home.

Also, unpopular opinion I imagine, but 12.8 should beat 11.17. IMO behinds should just be a tiebreak when goals are level.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Although they fell short, the blueprint has been laid to beat this swans team. Block them up in the middle and a team with real composure can make them pay.

Cox, from Essendon has some hair do
real Beavis & Butthead vibes

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Mar 25, 2003
Although they fell short, the blueprint has been laid to beat this swans team. Block them up in the middle and a team with real composure can make them pay.
Young team - they'll most likely be up and down a bit over the season, and if not, they'll probably tire in the back third.
If he doesn't get close to that ball it's paid deliberate and Swans are scrambling to defend again. Top effort from the big man
Which doesn't make any sense really, because Hickey charging after the ball has nothing to do with the kickers intent. Feel like this rule is going to cause a lot of frustration this year.

Me, when someone in the other room says Essendon is about to lose a close one

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
People (me included) complain about West Coast picking HBF, but take a look at some of Essendon's top picks in Heppell, Parish and McGrath. That's some questionable picks IMO.
I thought Parish was a wing/mid when drafted. Remember how Heppell was rated better than Gaff/Shuey in the early 2010's?

Dangerfield would be one of the best to go from HBF to midfield

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Mar 25, 2003
Stringer is a total enigma. He could be as good as Dusty but he just doesn't seem to gaf.

Amazing talent going to waste.
Seems like a massive tool anyway. Probably the type to piss away all his footy money and go through his 40's and 50's using the do you know who i am card. So lock him in for a job on some sort of rebooted Footy Show c. 2040.

Last edited:
Someone please confirm, have they made changes to the ground markings at the SCG over the past few years? I thought I remembered there was a point when the 50s were actually 45s so they didn't run into the square. Then they changed them to 50s and they almost intersected the square. Then tonight it looked like they had shortened the length of the centre square to allow for 2-3 metres between it and the fifty.

At one of the CB's, Stringer got it from the ruck, ran forward without needing to bounce and handballed to Smith and he took a shot from 40ish out. Another time a kick in from a point took 2 kicks to reach the other end at full forward.

Not a fan of the difference in dimensions ground to ground, let alone the SCG itself, never have been but it's one of the "quirks" of the AFL

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Someone please confirm, have they made changes to the ground markings at the SCG over the past few years? I thought I remembered there was a point when the 50s were actually 45s so they didn't run into the square. Then they changed them to 50s and they almost intersected the square. Then tonight it looked like they had shortened the length of the centre square to allow for 2-3 metres between it and the fifty.

At one of the CB's, Stringer got it from the ruck, ran forward without needing to bounce and handballed to Smith and he took a shot from 40ish out. Another time a kick in from a point took 2 kicks to reach the other end at full forward.

Not a fan of the difference in dimensions ground to ground, let alone the SCG itself, never have been but it's one of the "quirks" of the AFL
The SCG is a shithole of a ground, I hate it when we play there

navi_

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
alec waterman is built like paul chapman

reckon if he builds his tank could be a serious player and oversight from us

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Young team - they'll most likely be up and down a bit over the season, and if not, they'll probably tire in the back third.

Which doesn't make any sense really, because Hickey charging after the ball has nothing to do with the kickers intent. Feel like this rule is going to cause a lot of frustration this year.
But it's so clearly worded. Everyone knows what insufficient intent to keep the ball in play means, there's definitely no room for subjectivity or retroactive justification for a controversial umpiring decision.

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

IIRC they made the oval slightly longer with the redevelopment. It did use to be the 45's so as they didn't run into the centre square.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Please tell our club this, we never seem to grasp how short it is in a straight line from goal to goal. Instead we go out on the Wings, get lost and turn it over.

Should play hurn on a wing, win the clearance, handball out to him and let him have a ping from outside "50m".

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Mar 25, 2003
IIRC they made the oval slightly longer with the redevelopment. It did use to be the 45's so as they didn't run into the centre square.
Google maps gives me 151.8m (I've come in a few metres from the fence on each end) which is basically in line with what Footy Almanac gives (151.5m).

Centre square is 50 metres so they should basically be touching. If I've not given enough lee-way to the fence, then either the 50 has to be 47/48/49 or the arc touches the square.

Screenshot from 2021-04-08 16-02-07.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back