Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo may be constantly mediocre on field, but off field they put us to shame in all their merch and it's availability/engagement for supporters. WCE could learn a few things from them in this regard..

They've released numerous guernsey designs over the past few years - player celebration, club heritage strips, two Indigenous variations (home/away) and on-going charitable support (Starlight EVERY season).

WCE are poor in this regard, our 'dig deep' guernsey campaign lasted two seasons, no recognition this season for our 35th and i doubt we will see anything for Bunga's 300th on field, like we didn't for him breaking the games record.

Freo may be constantly mediocre on field, but off field they put us to shame in all their merch and it's availability/engagement for supporters. WCE could learn a few things from them in this regard..

They've released numerous guernsey designs over the past few years - player celebration, club heritage strips, two Indigenous variations (home/away) and on-going charitable support (Starlight EVERY season).

WCE are poor in this regard, our 'dig deep' guernsey campaign lasted two seasons, no recognition this season for our 35th and i doubt we will see anything for Bunga's 300th on field, like we didn't for him breaking the games record.

Yep it's been appalling. On the top of my head I can think of other 300 game jumpers like Eddie Betts, Bob Murphy etc, and Bunga being our first to 300 was well deserving. Did the club think his profile wouldn't warrant as much sales compared to say a JK or Nic Nat? If it was well designed I think it would've sold well. I would've even purchased one with the bunga 300 logo on top of the sponsor.

It's crazy that in the past 3 years I've only purchased 1 WC guernsey when I had the potential to buy 20+ if there was enough supply. I'd love to buy this year's indigenous one as well for example but don't want it to be on a Castore bedsheet. I'm sure there are many others in my position too, this stup*d pos club could be 10x more profitable if they got their act together.

Yep it's been appalling. On the top of my head I can think of other 300 game jumpers like Eddie Betts, Bob Murphy etc, and Bunga being our first to 300 was well deserving. Did the club think his profile wouldn't warrant as much sales compared to say a JK or Nic Nat? If it was well designed I think it would've sold well. I would've even purchased one with the bunga 300 logo on top of the sponsor.

It's crazy that in the past 3 years I've only purchased 1 WC guernsey when I had the potential to buy 20+ if there was enough supply. I'd love to buy this year's indigenous one as well for example but don't want it to be on a Castore bedsheet. I'm sure there are many others in my position too, this stup*d pos club could be 10x more profitable if they got their act together.

Yeah major disappointment. So many options.. they could have made a player issued version, worn by the team. Maybe the boys would have played better! This took me two minutes to mock up last week:

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 6.48.08 pm.png

A retail version i am sure could have been organised too, given they knew he was going to play the 300 this season. List his achievements on it, below the Bunga logo or the eagle. It would have 100% sold out by pre-order before the game, yet they chose to release two items of poor standard..

Fremantle set the standard again this round, everyone was loving the retro kit they put out!

Yeah major disappointment. So many options.. they could have made a player issued version, worn by the team. Maybe the boys would have played better! This took me two minutes to mock up last week:

View attachment 1195244

A retail version i am sure could have been organised too, given they knew he was going to play the 300 this season. List his achievements on it, below the Bunga logo or the eagle. It would have 100% sold out by pre-order before the game, yet they chose to release two items of poor standard..

Fremantle set the standard again this round, everyone was loving the retro kit they put out!

Oh man I would've thrown money on the one on the right! Stup*d incompetent club ffs.

View attachment 1195244

I love the one on the right. It is such a unique occasion, I would have bought one for sure.

Not like the team put any effort in for the occasion, so no point us spending our money for it. I agree though, I think the one off guernseys for specific players are a bit povo club. Teams like St Kilda and WB and Carlton do it. I’d rather we make one off premiership jumpers more often…..

Given the s**t show this season where Castore literally couldn't even give our players game day threads to wear, as well as everything else...let's hope the club somehow manages to dump this deal and find a proper brand for 2022...breach of contract or something.

I was unlucky enough to buy one for the guerseys and that was enough for me, I put my money away for the rest of the season and won't buy any castore again.

I want to actually get some new stuff next year, let's hope this can work itself out

Given the sh*t show this season where Castore literally couldn't even give our players game day threads to wear, as well as everything else...let's hope the club somehow manages to dump this deal and find a proper brand for 2022...breach of contract or something.

I was unlucky enough to buy one for the guerseys and that was enough for me, I put my money away for the rest of the season and won't buy any castore again.

I want to actually get some new stuff next year, let's hope this can work itself out

I had to spend that $25 voucher by the end if the month and ordered a track top. Team store rang and said haven’t got that anymore in that size the website is wrong get something else.. so I thought yellow jumper this week in brissy ill get that and it arrived today.. gee whiz they are bad.. Was hoping they had gotten rid of the bad stock, no such luck.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I ended up getting one of the Bunga 300 iron on patches at the team store and ironed it onto my Castore polo, end result looks good. Some of the Castore range is quite good, the padded jacket got me through a crappy monday night wet game without getting wet. I think some of their range is better than ISC but what brought them really down was the sizing, lack of stock. Didn't help I gained like 6 COVID kilos since this time last year hence most of my ISC stuff not fitting anymore :(

bunga300.JPG

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back