Richard Hadley - ALL MERGED

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hadley for pick 52

Interesting thoughts a year on. And something to bare in mind.

Catch any of the Games while you were over there?
s**t I was actually wrong on that.

I'll start walking.

Thanks for digging it up too.

Always liked Hadley and was going to stick his number on my jersey until he left :(.

The only Carlton player I wish to suceed.

Going to get Dazzle's number now, might wait a couple of years incase he decides to go with a lower number though.

Was always dissapointed when he left.

Hadley for Dalzeill was a great trade for us so far, long way to go yet though.

I hope he does well at Carlton but I am glad he has already one a flag because I can never hope they win a Grand final for a particular player (Unless they are playing Collingwood;))

Would rather Woody and Nuxy get a flag before Hadley gets his second.

Yeah when you put it like that I would agree, How quickly I forget Woody went there.

Collingwood could have the Dalai Lama in a forward pocket and Pope Benedict running the water and I still wouldn't barrack for them.

Didn't know you were a Buddhist Catholic POBT.... how do you reconcile that.

"It was great that Jesus died for our sins, but karma indicates he probably had it coming."

Didn't know you were a Buddhist Catholic POBT.... how do you reconcile that.

"It was great that Jesus died for our sins, but karma indicates he probably had it coming."
I suspect that, at some point, Jesus Christ thought that the Buddhists may have had a point with their whole "existence is suffering" bit.

Collingwood could have the Dalai Lama in a forward pocket and Pope Benedict running the water and I still wouldn't barrack for them.

Unless Dalai and Beno had spent time on Brisbane's list, I doubt Collingwood would be interested. Bit of a culture clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Sir Richard Hadley

That comment from Warwick is a year old tomorrow, why revive the issue now?

I was basing it on what most of us had seen of him prior to him leaving Brisbane. I always rated him, but wasn't sure how he would come up after his 2 knee reco's. I think most people who follow AFL realise the talent this kid has.

Re: Sir Richard Hadley

An interesting read!!!

http://blogs.thewest.com.au/general/john-townsend-young-men-thrive-in-afl-deals/

JOHN TOWNSEND - Young men thrive in AFL deals
There is no doubt who is the most powerful man in WA footy at the moment.

It’s not West Coast boss Trevor Nisbett or his Fremantle counterpart Steve Rosich, who has heard the voice of the people and guaranteed the future of the Dockers’ colours and anchor emblem.

And it’s not rival coaches John Worsfold and Mark Harvey who will be spending plenty of anxious moments in the coming weeks as they remake their team lists through the AFL draft and trading.

It’s not even WA football director Grant Dorrington, who has a finger in most pies involving the game.

No, the person with the most power is player manager Colin Young whose influence is at its peak at this time of year when clubs and players are considering their options.

Young has designed the deal that is likely to see Fremantle ruckman Rob Warnock set sail for Carlton next year.

The contracts may not have been signed yet but you can punt plenty on pen being put to paper before too long.

Warnock may well prove to be another Docker like Adam McPhee and Trent Croad and Peter Bell and James Clement and Paul Medhurst who plays his best football after being traded to another club.

In fairness, other players have played their best AFTER coming to Freo so that is a double-edged sword for recruiters and club footy departments.

Like all the other powerful football managers, Young answers to no one but his client.

And even then he may be playing a convoluted game like the ones savoured by manager Paul Connors in which a priority client such as Chris Judd gets the cream while other lesser players are pawns in the deal.

Clubs have to keep sweet with Young and his ilk to make sure they can deal with players.

Sometimes this means recruiting players they don’t particularly want in order to get the big fish.

The Judd deal saw Josh Kennedy come to the Eagles but it also saw Brisbane’s injury-prone Richard Hadley go to Carlton.

Hadley is a Connors client. The former East Fremantle player had little future at the Lions but the manager needed him to be accommodated and used the goodwill he had gained over the Judd coup to seal the deal with Carlton.

There were few losers in that deal. Carlton picked up a star, Brisbane got rid of a player they didn’t want and the manager kept two clients happy.

The Blues may have got a player they didn’t want or need but every club has a dud or two on their books and realise that is the price they have to play to negotiate with the game’s real powerbrokers.

Young also acts for Daniel Kerr, who has a year to go on his West Coast contract but is clearly tradeable for the right deal.

That means just one thing – Young’s phone will come close to meltdown in coming weeks as clubs play suitor to him as part of a potential Kerr deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back