• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wtf do so many people want figjam? He was gifted the youngest premiership team in history and turned a potential dynasty into a dog turd. The stench of their own racism scandal only vanished cos Krakour and Davis were given a paycheck for no show jobs.

He shafted Treloar then told him all his teammates wanted him gone, when they all loved him. He achieved bugger all with the exact same list McRae has already turned into a juggernaut. Plus his team was bloody horrible to watch. I'd rather the best untried coach surrounded by experience and quality assistants and pour money into development, fitness and skills. Meehan might as well jump on seek now.

Firstly it's Krakouer. To say Andrew Krakouer and Leon Davis are getting paid to do no show jobs, is an insult to these two gentlemen.
They have been working alongside Jodie Sizer, the Collingwood VP and proud Djab Wurrung, Gunditjmara woman, in implementing some of the final recommendations from the findings of the Do Better Report, whilst holding positions as Cultural officers.
I suggest you probably listen to Krak and and Davis themselves talk about their roles at Collingwood. You can actually watch a news report, as of yesterday on the work Leon Davis is doing at Collingwood.
In terms of Treloar, l think Buckley’s description of Treloar’s teammates wanting him out, wasn't the best terminology used, but his teammates were frustrated with the way he played the game, meaning he would kick, mark, handball and run to positions he wanted to, which suited his offensive game, but defensively offered nothing to the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last 20 seasons a list of AFL flag winning coaches that had previous senior coaching experience:

2004 Matthews - Yes (Collingwood 1990)
2005 Roos - No
2006 Worsfold - No
2007 Thompson - No
2008 Clarkson - No
2009 Thompson - No
2010 Malthouse - Yes (West Coast 1992 & 1994)
2011 Scott - No
2012 Longmire - No
2013 Clarkson - No
2014 Clarkson - No
2015 Clarkson - No
2016 Beveridge - No
2017 Hardwick - No
2018 Simpson - No
2019 Hardwick - No
2020 Hardwick - No
2021 Goodwin - No
2022 Scott - No
2023 - ?

Leppitsch, Rutten, Teague, Pyke, Buckley, Knights, Alan Richardson, Bolton & Mark Williams can all get in the bin.
Hmmmm didn't realise Footy Classified read big footy, saw this during Benny Gales interview last night and I'd just like to say Hi to the panel and get your own material.
🤣

A learned mate of mine I think may have uncovered the tigers pre ordained plan
So Dimma says he was finished end of year but no one knows ,,, yea right
Mini McQ was pursued hard to join trusted and reputed ex coach Lyon declined to stay with the tigers , wonder why

Dimma pulls the plug early , mini gets the keys for a13w road test

Sounds for all money the job may well be his unless he fks it up

Mini McQ was pursued hard to join trusted and reputed ex coach Lyon declined to stay with the tigers , wonder why

Yep that’s the vibe I’m getting too although there would be no conspiracy. Why not just announce a succession

Last edited:

We will never know, but some of the suggested conspiracies' are incredibly hard to deny as being very possible.

I'm looking forward to seeing how McQualter goes, but a part of me feels like fresh blood and ideas would be better for the team. McQualters spent most of his coaching career under Dimma and I do kind of worry that maybe he won't be that different.

But then again, look at Fly dominating at the Pies.

Something that stood out to me post 2020 GF, was that love for each other and unparalleled support for each and every team mate had started to diminish.

Look back to 2017, we were the closest group the comp has seen in forever and slowly but surely, the picking players up off the deck, the pats on the bum etc started to become less and less.

I do believe Dimma achieved everything he could with this group until maybe his messages just didnt impact anymore, but * me the next bloke is going to need to be bloody creative.

Looking back, we may have no idea how lucky we have been to have had this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back