• Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have seen the light and I'm on the minibus

Excited Blues Brothers GIF

Ill give Mini credit for getting the players motivated and also putting them back into their familiar positions but im still on the fence to determine if he is the actual man for the job.

Currently he is still driving Dimma's car that has just been serviced and wheels aligned but he has not changed the motor or had a super charger installed
Im waiting to the end of the season and see how we go.

Will be good tests against Port , Melbourne , Doggies and have to make sure that the last 4 weeks is not just a sugar hit
Nobody is coming chasing Mini as a head Coach just yet and lets make the right call and if its him then fantastic if not then there was. is somebody that offers more.

changed my vote

I'm on the model railway

like i said

I'm on the mini train
Same.
He knows our philosophy,wanted to be coach when Ross Lyon offered him a big job.
Very positive which is a trait our club needs and grows from aka Dimma and Balmey.

I've got to give Mini some credit. I have been whinging and moaning about our structure all year and Mini has fixed it. Dimma had been trying to fit all our midfielders into the team by resting some forward but it had rooted our forwardline mix. We needed more small forwards to pressure the opposition half backs, create space in our F50 to run back into and link up with the midfield to free up our tall forwards...and he did it. I think part of it was through necessity with Hopper injured but most of it was getting back to what works.

Cotch and Dusty need to predominately play as mids.
Pickett forward works - pressure, speed, smarts, leap and X-Factor
Ross on the wing has embraced the role
Taranto relishes the responsibility of being our number one midfielder
Short and Rioli are excellent half backs

I'm happy to have Hopper back in the team as long as they replace him with a like for like player. If they try and do the forward resting shuffle again, expect similar results to the beginning of the year

Perfectly summed up for mine. Will be interesting to see if Hopper comes straight in and Dusty and Cotch get shifted back to the forward line. Same with Bolton, no surprise we have improved with him more midfield time also.

Interesting decisions ahead for the Match Committee

There are definitely questions to be asked about the timing of Hardwick's departure.

If you wanted to provide for seamless regime change, this is exactly how you would do it.

Probably everything is as it appeared and Damien jumped but maybe it is not and he was pushed.

Neil Balme was at Geelong when Bomber jumped, was he not?
Dimma said himself he quit because he was burnt out and couldn't give 100%. I think the results since he stood down show it to be accurate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got to give Mini some credit. I have been whinging and moaning about our structure all year and Mini has fixed it. Dimma had been trying to fit all our midfielders into the team by resting some forward but it had rooted our forwardline mix. We needed more small forwards to pressure the opposition half backs, create space in our F50 to run back into and link up with the midfield to free up our tall forwards...and he did it. I think part of it was through necessity with Hopper injured but most of it was getting back to what works.

Cotch and Dusty need to predominately play as mids.
Pickett forward works - pressure, speed, smarts, leap and X-Factor
Ross on the wing has embraced the role
Taranto relishes the responsibility of being our number one midfielder
Short and Rioli are excellent half backs

I'm happy to have Hopper back in the team as long as they replace him with a like for like player. If they try and do the forward resting shuffle again, expect similar results to the beginning of the year

I like how Baker is finally forward with more continuity and I think Dusty is looking more mid forward than forward mid. The players have more confidence in the new structure I think and we have form with chaos ball.

Mini is actually helping the players win which I think the players like.

I think the rebuild topic has not been scrutinised enough. Clubs are always rebuilding and developing, if not they stagnate and wither away. Rebuilding is more than just black and white windows. A club can rebuild with Cotch in the midfield for example. Rebuilding does not mean putting your greats out to pasture straight away necessarily

If we make finals it will be interesting to see what we do, the opposition will find it hard to predict what we may produce as well.

If we win the premiership this year, Mini will get the job I think. There is a good base, Mini will probably be open to a few different things so no stone is left unturned and he gives himself every chance and the team

Last edited:
I like how Baker is finally forward with more continuity and I think Dusty is looking more mid forward than forward mid. The players have more confidence in the new structure I think and we have form with chaos ball.

I think the rebuild topic has not been scrutinised enough. Clubs are always rebuilding and developing, if not they stagnate and wither away. Rebuilding is more than just black and white windows. A club can rebuild with Cotch in the midfield for example. Rebuilding does not mean putting your greats out to pasture straight away necessarily

If we make finals it will be interesting to see what we do, the opposition will find it hard to predict what we may produce as well.

If we win the premiership this year, Mini will get the job I think. There is a good base, Mini will probably be open to a few different things so no stone is left unturned and he gives himself every chance and the team
If we win the premiership this year they will build a statue of Mini let alone get the Top coaching Job

Dimma said himself he quit because he was burnt out and couldn't give 100%. I think the results since he stood down show it to be accurate
Apparently, his all refreshed now

Dimma’s next move: Why he’s getting itch to coach again​

Damien Hardwick only left the Tigers recently, yet his potential return to the coaching landscape is already gaining traction

Mini Premiership...may make a few clubs sit up and take notice and offer a mini fortune to obtain him...could be the Fly in the ointment!

His pressers are a breath of fresh air.
His cool head comes thru TI , it’s oft said that a side reflects coaches personality , in recent times , dimma was frustrated , grumpy et al . I realize right now it’s honeymoon for mini but he has a personality diametrically opposite to dimma and if McRae is the contemporary match winning coach ,,,Mini is far closer to that pole

Last edited:
His cool head comes thru TI , it’s oft said that a side reflects coaches personality , in recent times , dimma was frustrated , grumpy et al . I realize right now it’s honeymoon for mini but he has a personality diametrically opposite to dimma and if McRae is the contemporary match winning coach ,,,Mimi is far closer to that pole
Agree I never liked that side of Dimma and it was getting worse sadly. I’m glad he looks happy and younger again now and as you mini and fly look more the contemporary day coaches.

Agree I never liked that side of Dimma and it was getting worse sadly. I’m glad he looks happy and younger again now and as you mini and fly look more the contemporary day coaches.
From the outside looking in that personality strikes me as someone that will be engaging with the team around them , just a thought ,, I’ve seen lots of management styles on my time

Mini Premiership...may make a few clubs sit up and take notice and offer a mini fortune to obtain him...could be the Fly in the ointment!
If we make finals then the panel to decide on a coach will need to expedite their timeline. Finals already throws you later into the year and you would think that a new coach would like to have a meeting with the recruiting staff before going into trade and draft periods.

Where does hodgey get the idea Hardwick was coaching for the future? He was definitely coaching for the now..he said himself he had decided it'd be his last year..and he was going for the last dance.

Of course he also had one eye on the future..we have developed some good young players during our recent success.

Anyway, go for the flag Mini! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back