Official Club Stuff Richmond Membership Thread 2016 - TARGET 75,000

Remove this Banner Ad

Great points AstuteTiger; late to the argument I know, but thought I'd add my two cents...

Having been in charge of one of the club's with more followers than Richmond on FB and Twitter, it's easy to sell to partners based on raw 'follower' numbers, but a lot harder to back it up when it comes to hitting targets. Here at Richmond, what we lack in raw numbers compared to a Hawthorn or Sydney, for instance, we more than make up for in engagement.

We have access to social media measurements which compare us to the other clubs across the league, and after last week's win, we had the top four posts on Instagram and four of the top five posts on Facebook for engagement per 1,000 fans (levels the playing field for those clubs with less followers). It shows that our supporters are very responsive on those two platforms, and last year after we beat Collingwood in R7, the post-game Facebook post reached over 1.2million people - so while our page 'likes' might be lower, our reach and engagement is much better. I've seen what winning big finals can do for increasing page numbers with casuals, but - a bit like our 20K new Bangladeshi followers - unless you can engage them, they can almost dilute the numbers you're really trying to achieve in a way.

Sorry for the long-winded post.

You demolished a straw man there, I'm not aware of anyone here advocating buying of likes, unless I missed it.. what I was recommending was targeted advertising using Fb's own advertising system which is a brilliant, fairly cheap way of building engagement, again, if it is done in a targeted, smart way. No brainer. Or you could just sit on your hands and wait for people to come. We didn't do that with membership building, there has definitely been advertising for that in the past, and no doubt that advertising helped us reach 70,000 plus.

Please, please do your self a favour and go watch the hawks new membership video.
They must be getting desperate to keep on top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Embarrassing that they have to keep promoting themselves

Awesome work by the Hawks.

Now if they can just get half that number to attend an actual game we'll be even more impressed.

So the 74,000 who turned up on Easter Monday (more than the 72k at rich/coll) isn't half of our current 71,110 membership ?

Math was never my strong suit.

So the 74,000 who turned up on Easter Monday (more than the 72k at rich/coll) isn't half of our current 71,110 membership ?

yes because a blockbuster game with a large number of neutrals totally is comparable to our away game :rolleyes: seriously. Just * off already

If richmond/colonwood played on easter monday this year they'd have got closer to 90,000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right of course. 72k for the reigning premier coming off three straight flags, up against your arch rival on a public holiday with beautiful weather is a a great crowd (for Hawthorn).

I guess I'm just jealous because I'm tipping that if Richmond were in that position, it'd be a lockout. Appreciate your success mate, you're a very lucky buch of supporters. And there's absolutely nothing you've personally done to contribute to it.

My soccer team in england are going through the same as our footy team. Numbers falling away at games lowest membership ever. They finally decided to do something for the members. 1st if they don't make top 6 next season members will get 80 pounds back for failure. On top of that if 15k sign up by a certain date and we don't make top 6 it will pump up to 179 pounds return. Now that's an initiative for long suffering fans and good on them as finally they might do something about the playing list to put us back where we belong.
Now the way we are travelling here i suspect if nothing changes would Richmond be willing to do something similar for us longer suffering fans?
i mean we have been giving for years and all we get is what we get time for the club to give us something back.

My soccer team in england are going through the same as our footy team. Numbers falling away at games lowest membership ever. They finally decided to do something for the members. 1st if they don't make top 6 next season members will get 80 pounds back for failure. On top of that if 15k sign up by a certain date and we don't make top 6 it will pump up to 179 pounds return. Now that's an initiative for long suffering fans and good on them as finally they might do something about the playing list to put us back where we belong.
Now the way we are travelling here i suspect if nothing changes would Richmond be willing to do something similar for us longer suffering fans?
i mean we have been giving for years and all we get is what we get time for the club to give us something back.
lol that would probably bankrupt the RFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back