Game Day Richmond v Brisbane Lions Round 23 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 25, 2019 (No umpiring complaints during game)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiger71

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Gabba home final secured. All we needed today.

Given our horrid run with injury this year (Cutler, Brown, Black, Christensen and Tom Joyce) it's been awesome to make top two.

Once we have our best team out there we'll be much more competitive. Kept it even after Richmond jumped us in the first quarter.

Really have to find a way to stop Lids next time.
Horror run with injury? You are taking the piss. You have had 11 players play all games compared to our 2.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
How many marks inside 50 did the Lions get? Were completely covered by the Tigers defence. Need to go with a Bulldogs style play on surge game, more handpasses and linkages. Looked good when taking the Tiges' own game to them. I feel they can win if they totally change their approach. Hopefully Fagan does something radical and effective. Tigers playing as well as I've seen em play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dean33

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
If Soldo keeps playing like this Nankervis won’t get his spot back.
I’ve been all for nank coming into replace soldo all year however now I’d play them both, Nank comes in for balta I reckon as the only change if he’s right to go.

Checkered

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dockers & Eagles
I think this loss comes back to our soft draw too. Surprised no one has mentioned this. The AFL didn't make us play anyone good all year and now we've been found out by a quality side.

Joey longshadow

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Baltimore ravens
It pisses me off that the Victorian centric media don't mention some of our stars like Black being unavailable due to humanitarian efforts overseas.

You don't see Alex Rance on survivor, that's all I'm saying.
No he isn't... But that other absolute super star for us Shaun Hampson is.. So you know like for like

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
I wasn't born during our last FINAL mate.

I'm just so excited to see the boys out there again. Been a long 50 years
Great to see a mutual show of respect between Tigers and Lions fans are both sides' complete lack of finals success in recent times. Brings you goosebumps.

Top Bottom