Game Day Richmond v Brisbane Lions Round 23 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 25, 2019 (No umpiring complaints during game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers by 11, only because they are playing home.

Should be another cracking affair at the MCG. Looking at tonights squads, Bombers are clearly looking two weeks ahead and Pies should account for them pretty comfortably tonight. So, Tigers have to win to stay in the top 4. Lions get a look at the G and get a good work out before finals, so win or lose, they will be happy to play a decent team and have a hard hit out.
Lions will give a good account on Sunday, but they just have to be running into a pretty solid outfit playing as good a footy as anyone. Tigers by 26 points. Lynch and Jack to be the difference by games end.

I'm doubting Riewoldt/Lynch kick more than 4 goals combined
Since Riewoldt returned in R17, they’ve done it 5 times out of 6 (and the one time they didn’t it probably had a lot to do with Riewoldt kicking 0.3)
We also played a pretty handy backline last week.
I’d be giving it at least a 50% chance of happening, and that’s accounting for the chance you’ve got a specific plan for them that no one else has tried.

Since Riewoldt returned in R17, they’ve done it 5 times out of 6 (and the one time they didn’t it probably had a lot to do with Riewoldt kicking 0.3)
We also played a pretty handy backline last week.
I’d be giving it at least a 50% chance of happening, and that’s accounting for the chance you’ve got a specific plan for them that no one else has tried.
But this week you're playing the best KPD in the league + a guy who has been playing just as well as him since coming in + a borderline All Australia as key defenders

I can only see it if they kick straight

But this week you're playing the best KPD in the league + a guy who has been playing just as well as him since coming in + a borderline All Australia as key defenders

Grimes is playing better than any of your current defenders. If Cameron doesn't for for you guys i can see a score blowout. A flanker is your best forward. But, you'll see it first hand how Jack and Tom are going on Sunday. You gonna tag Houli or Dusty? You can't cover both.

Really, I talk footy and that's your response?
I said I doubted Lynch/Riewoldt would combine for 5+ goals and you implied that I thought Lynch was a bust and disrupted the club

Then you brought up Grimes, who has nothing to do with the Brisbane backline vs. Richmond forwardline battle, brought up things relating to the Brisbane forwardline, and asked me if I was going to choose to tag Martin or Houli, when I'm not making that decision. So yes, I think you're challenged.

Again - they’ve done it 5 out of the last 6 weeks. 83% hit rate. It’s been against pretty good, proven defences too. Fair enough if you back your guys to hold them - they have a good chance. But to say you can’t see it happening is a cop out tbh.

Meh, they did it last week against the Eagles defence in the wet, couldn't care less who kicks the goals though.

Both defences are good, both forward lines have dangerous players. Obviously something is going to have to give or bend a bit to separate the teams somewhere.
I would have loved to see Stack play on Cameron as that would have been terrific to watch. We don't really have an ideal match up, but wel put faith in the system and back 6 as a unit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimes is playing better than any of your current defenders. If Cameron doesn't for for you guys i can see a score blowout. A flanker is your best forward. But, you'll see it first hand how Jack and Tom are going on Sunday. You gonna tag Houli or Dusty? You can't cover both.

You don't watch much of Lions games do you? Andrews >>> Grimes.

It's the inflated attention because he plays for a Victorian team.

Laughable that people think Richmond will belt Brisbane. I mean I think they'll win, but it isn't gonna be by more than 5 goals
I'd love to see you beat them and hope you do ... unfortunately I think they'll wipe the floor with you.

You don't watch much of Lions games do you? Andrews >>> Grimes.

It's the inflated attention because he plays for a Victorian team.
That's a big call. I rate Andrews but I rate Grimes as the best defender in the game and have for a while. He doesn't get the plaudits he deserves and is rarely, If ever beaten.

Lions up and about aren’t they.
Can you blame us smasha? We have been an absolute rabble for the last decade on and off field, at times it felt like it was never going to turn around.

I'm over the moon at what we have been able to do this season, I had zero expectations that we would improve this much, still find it hard to believe we are top of the ladder with a round to go and in flag contention. This game is our biggest test of the season by a fair margin IMO, at the G, 65,000 crowd v the flag favorites.

What is even more exciting is that with Fagan/Noble/Swan in charge I'm extremely confident that we have a sustainable model for an extended run at relevance over the next decade. We will not be doing a Demons and falling off the cliff next season.

That's a big call. I rate Andrews but I rate Grimes as the best defender in the game and have for a while. He doesn't get the plaudits he deserves and is rarely, If ever beaten.
Grimes and Gardiner is a closer comparison. One plays for a Victorian team, the other does the exact same thing each week and gets no credit because he’s not from a Victorian team.

Andrews is a different type of defender so it’s difficult to compare the two.

Grimes and Gardiner is a closer comparison.
:drunk:

You're either on the juice or at an all time high right now thinking your club is invincible. It'd explain that comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back