News Richmond's Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones arrested after brawl outside strippers bar

Remove this Banner Ad

Young men fighting. Gee who would have thought. Sentence them to death. How could such a thing ever occur like this in the world, ever again.

Classic tigers culture. Think a few premierships means the rules don’t apply to them
To be fair AFL HQ have given them this belief.

Surely the punishment is 8 extra premiership points?

Looking at the video the more that this evolves the more potential this has to be the biggest non story ever reported. The video footage just shows Jones sticking out his arms to avoid punches.

This could have huge ramifications for the hubs/finals up there......there is already a huge backlash about the AFL allowed to fly in when others, even sick people, aren't allowed to cross the border.

Richmond have a discipline problem or an almighty up your nose attitude.

The players need to be sacked, sent home and the club stripped of points. They have been lax in quite a few areas this year and with so much at stake..

They are not giving off a good impression right now after everything else.

Dumb selfish idiots. Time to get very tough. Its not a holiday fellas.

Calm down champ

I think the problem rests with us and the QLD government as they don't appreciate the AFL and its Arts area.

The two boys we just acting out and interpreting the Tigger's theme song in their own way

Oh, we're from Tiger land,
A fighting fury, we're from Tiger land,
In any weather you will see us with a grin,
Risking head and shin,
If we're behind then never mind,
We'll fight and fight and win.

If they’ve breached the AFL bubble restrictions then they’ll be punished heavily and rightly so.

Can’t really blame them for some random drunk attacking them though. That’s apparently what the video shows and a witness backs it up.
Not great being out at 3am but it’s not a crime. Its not confirmed that they were in the strip joint yet either, although it seems very likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just saw the footage... I'd suggest people do the same.

CCJ literally sitting down while a bloke just walks up to him and starts punching.

CCJ doesn't even fight back. Sits back down.

He did nothing wrong in terms of the fight itself but I assume he still breached hub rules by going out?

I would suspect this is a suspension and fine and nothing more if we are being rational about this.

Calm down champ
It is exactly how it is.
A lot of locals are angry .

I am glad we saved the whole season,others are not.
This is. League state.

As for Richmond players complaining about where they are staying but refusing to move.

Stop being little princesses and behave like elite sportsmen.

Young men fighting. Gee who would have thought. Sentence them to death. How could such a thing ever occur like this in the world, ever again.
We're not alone, but there's definitely a problem with violence and binge drinking in Australia. There's plenty of places in the world where you can eat a kebab after seeing some tittys without being accosted though.

This would be outrageous and worthy of a big club suspension in normal times.

It's utterly disgraceful given we're in a pandemic, the empty promises made by the AFL and the clubs, players and their WAGS have shown time and again they don't think the rules apply to them.

These two players thrown out of the game for the season. Sent home immediately.

Again McGowan has shown he was right to hold his ground with the AFL because you just can't trust them to keep their word.

You have to wonder how long this has been happening and how many players have violated the rules because the only reason they were caught is because they were arrested at 3:30am for fighting each other.

If they never got arrested the public would be none the wiser and they could have spent the rest of their time in the hub hitting bars and strip clubs on during the week.

Hub violations must be rife. That's the only conclusion I can draw. I doubt these are the only two doing it and that this was the first time.

And how do they leave the hub without anyone being alerted? They would have had to leave at 10pm at night, would have stumbled back to the hotel at 4am. Surely someone hears them, sees them, they probably have roommates.

Massive fine for Richmond and players and hefty suspension for the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back