Injury Rioli & Bolton involved in nightclub incident. Shai broken wrist, 2 to 3 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

No he's not , but Brendan Gale has been short listed for the next top dog spot, that's why he parroted Gils Comments.
Very Dissapointed in Benny, and how would you be being Gil's wife, knowing that if she was being accosted by an a-hole , her loving husband would do a bolt and leave.

I'm with Hardwick on this.
Haha I think everyone knows that Benny wouldn't do a runner. Behind closed doors I'm sure he had more to say.

No he's not , but Brendan Gale has been short listed for the next top dog spot, that's why he parroted Gils Comments.
Very Dissapointed in Benny, and how would you be being Gil's wife, knowing that if she was being accosted by an a-hole , her loving husband would do a bolt and leave.

Suggest take a pill, chill it & some deep breaths. Between Benny and Gill they'll get it sorted. Sorted away from Rupert, his stooges and their editors.
Have faith that what is said to the press versus support to players and teams can be chalk and cheese. Rest easy on this. As (Dane) Swanny has tweeted.....
the Tiges look after their players and that is why all players want to get to our club.

As supporters, we should be proud of this.

Last edited:

why is the AFL investigating it ?

has nothing to do with them
Standard process when players report issue to clubs.

Funny how the AFL integrity unit didn't bother to investigate the incident with Jack Watts. Covid19 breach which led to a hit and run accident, but crickets from the AFL

I’m doubting that Benny gale will be the successor , inclined to believe a comment from Caro that the commish would prefer to look beyond Richmond

Standard process when players report issue to clubs.

Funny how the AFL integrity unit didn't bother to investigate the incident with Jack Watts. Covid19 breach which led to a hit and run accident, but crickets from the AFL

incident was over and done with like a week ago. i guess AFL are trying to find any info that can pressure us to suspend them though

campaigners

To be more specific - the rumour I heard was that it was Shai who punched Daniel. Hoping it's not true.

I have me doubts.

Not the sort of thing that I think the club could or would want to sweep under the rug.

I don't see how this wouldn't have gotten out if it happened in a nightclub full of people.

Nor can I imagine the club letting players off without sanctions.

It's all speculation, of course, but until there's more than rumours from some anonymous party who only spoke up a week after the event I'm inclined to accept the version of events being put forward by the guys involved and by the club.

Richmond – in conjunction with the AFL – has completed its investigation into a recent nightclub incident involving Daniel Rioli and Shai Bolton.

Rioli has been cleared of any wrongdoing but the investigation found Bolton had exacerbated the situation through his actions.

Bolton acknowledged his decision to become involved in the altercation was the wrong choice and that violence was never the right response.

“I’ve thought about what happened recently and what could have happened as a result of my actions,” Bolton said.

“When I saw what happened to Daniel I acted on instinct. I now know that my instincts were wrong and that my actions could have led to a far more serious outcome.

“I want to say publicly that I made the wrong choice, and I am sorry for getting involved in the manner that I did.

“The right choice is to walk away from trouble or for me to do whatever I could to stop what was happening and not do something that could make it worse.

“Violence is never OK no matter the circumstances, and I want to share that message with everyone. The right choice is to walk away.”

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale reiterated the view the Club does not condone violence in any form.

“We encourage our players to do everything possible to de-escalate these situations and to walk away, regardless of the circumstances,” Gale said.

“Getting involved in any altercation is not okay and that is a message we will reiterate to our players.

“These can be highly volatile situations and Shai has acknowledged his mistake. We all need to learn from it.”

Richmond and Bolton will be making a donation of $20,000 to Tomorrow Man which works with boys and men to develop healthy masculinity.

The Club now considers the matter closed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond – in conjunction with the AFL – has completed its investigation into a recent nightclub incident involving Daniel Rioli and Shai Bolton.

Rioli has been cleared of any wrongdoing but the investigation found Bolton had exacerbated the situation through his actions.

Bolton acknowledged his decision to become involved in the altercation was the wrong choice and that violence was never the right response.

“I’ve thought about what happened recently and what could have happened as a result of my actions,” Bolton said.

“When I saw what happened to Daniel I acted on instinct. I now know that my instincts were wrong and that my actions could have led to a far more serious outcome.

“I want to say publicly that I made the wrong choice, and I am sorry for getting involved in the manner that I did.

“The right choice is to walk away from trouble or for me to do whatever I could to stop what was happening and not do something that could make it worse.

“Violence is never OK no matter the circumstances, and I want to share that message with everyone. The right choice is to walk away.”

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale reiterated the view the Club does not condone violence in any form.

“We encourage our players to do everything possible to de-escalate these situations and to walk away, regardless of the circumstances,” Gale said.

“Getting involved in any altercation is not okay and that is a message we will reiterate to our players.

“These can be highly volatile situations and Shai has acknowledged his mistake. We all need to learn from it.”

Richmond and Bolton will be making a donation of $20,000 to Tomorrow Man which works with boys and men to develop healthy masculinity.

So looks like the boys were honest and upfront from the start about what happened

once again the media created a narrative that more occurred in order to inflame people and gain clicks

Gale should have told Gilligan to GAGF'd. If a mate is punched for no good reason then you fly the *en flag. Same on-field as off

Gale should have told Gilligan to GAGF'd. If a mate is punched for no good reason then you fly the fu**en flag. Same on-field as off
It's very hard to stop a young man from stepping in to help his mate who has just been punched for defending his partner. People who say walk away don't understand that it is harder to do than you think. When shouldn't we walk away? If a foreign country bombs us, should we not condone violence and just ignore it and walk away? Would the USA ignore it? People will say it is different but it really is the same thing except on a much much smaller scale. Sometimes you have to stand up for your principles. If we didn't, we would now not be a free country and the world would be a very different place with thugs ruling the world and nobody would have any freedom. Even BigFooty wouldn't exist!

It's very hard to stop a young man from stepping in to help his mate who has just been punched for defending his partner. People who say walk away don't understand that it is harder to do than you think. When shouldn't we walk away? If a foreign country bombs us, should we not condone violence and just ignore it and walk away? Would the USA ignore it? People will say it is different but it really is the same thing except on a much much smaller scale. Sometimes you have to stand up for your principles. If we didn't, we would now not be a free country and the world would be a very different place with thugs ruling the world and nobody would have any freedom. Even BigFooty wouldn't exist!

Understand the sentiment but not at all the same thing. Geopolitical conflicts and warfare is not the same as a scuffle in a bar.

Understand the sentiment but not at all the same thing. Geopolitical conflicts and warfare is not the same as a scuffle in a bar.
The basic premise though is. You defend your territory when threatened. Sometimes you can walk away but sometimes you need to make a stand. When it boils down to it, the same principles apply. Of course, the consequences of actions from the aggressor and the retaliator are very very different and that's where the differences lie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back